Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. N.NandakumarYour feedback matters!
Can jaundice affect HIV test result? I checked for hiv testing it came negative but while I am taking test I have jaundice can jaundice cause false negative result?
My 10 year child having power in right eye 1.75 6/6 & left eye 0.25 6/6.kasyap RANCHI & Shanker Netralaya Chennai is saying it's lazy eye & patching of one eye required while kamal eye clinic RANCHI is saying if vision is 6/6 with power glass how it can be a lazy eye & only power glass recommended. I don't know what c know what.
I have squint in my right eye outward for last 15 years. Can I get it cured without surgery or operations.
My eyes are so much stressed because of using Mobiles and laptop sir. So is there any other alternative to reduce my eye pain or any medicine.
I am wearing gLass of power -5 but I have read in many books that in morning if I rub my MOuth saliva in my eyes it will cure IS IT TRUE.
Hello dear doctors, My son's eyes and face looks swell. He is 16 month old .his temperature is normal. Why does it happen?
My left eye is blinking daily from last month is it a thing to worry about. It sometimes blinks continuously.
My right eye head (near neck) and right side teeths r paining from couple of days. What might be it?
It's trouma injury on my right eye. I hv macular edema at fovea. So can't ready properly even that object close to my eye. Little blurry nd like wave. M only taking vitamin medicine. Tell me my vision vl come? what's the treatment for it. How many time have to recover?
Hello I am getting eye pain continuous from 5 days. What can I do. Could you suggest me some medicine that fix my problem soon?
Dry eyes are a common phenomenon that develops when the tears do not provide sufficient moisture to your eyes. This may also be the result of inadequate production of tears by the tear ducts. This condition cannot be cured permanently; however, treatments usually help.
Signs and symptoms of dry eyes:
1. A scratchy, stinging and a burning sensation in the eyes
2. Mucous surrounding the eyes
3. Sensitivity to light
4. Redness of the eyes
5. A feeling that something is stuck in the eyes
6. Problems in wearing contact lenses
7. Vision problems, especially while driving at night
8. Watery eyes caused due to the irritation that stems from dry eyes
9. Blurred vision
What are the causes?
1. Tears are a mix of fatty oils, water and mucus. This combination safeguards your eyes from any sort of infection in addition to keeping your ocular surface (the cornea surface) clear and smooth. Your eyes dry up if the tear ducts do not produce enough tears; medically, this condition is termed ‘keratoconjunctivitis sicca’. It can occur due to:
- Certain medical complications such as Sjogren’s Syndrome (a medical condition marked by dry eyes and a dry mouth) arthritis, diabetes, thyroid disorders and deficiency of Vitamin A among a few others
- Side effects of certain medications such as anti-depressants, acne medications, birth control medications and medicines to control high blood pressure
- Laser eye surgery or damage caused to the tear gland due to exposure to radiation or inflammation
2. Increased drying up or evaporation of the tears caused due to exposure to various kinds of smoke, dry air or wind, less of blinking while focusing on any particular activity or an object and eye lid problems such as in-turning of the eyelids (entropion) and out-turning of the eyelids (ectropion) can contribute to this irritating condition.
3. Imbalance in any of the layers constituting a tear film (made of oil, mucus and water) might lead to this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My eyes start paining after reading for a long time also they become watery and I need to close my eyes for 10 min for normal vision to come back please help.
I'm 21 year old male. I have been having spectacles since I was 15. And I wear it whole the day. Now my eyes get deeper. Can they get recovery and become as normal as they were before?
Hi, I'm 18 years old. I'm suffering half headache from last 3 years .and left eye also pain. And ek bear full winter season me itna derd hua k nose me se blood agaya. So what I do. Kindly suggest me.
Weird dizziness as when eyes closed and laying down A few times when I am trying to get to sleep or in the morning when I am waking up I feel like I start to get dizzy. When I close my eyes and try to sleep I feel like it starts to spin and then when I open my eyes everything is fine no spinning no dizziness nothing. Please help.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take much time to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month. Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing. One should go for regular follow up as advised by your doctor. Use post op medication for a duration as advised by your treating surgeon. Do not use post op medications on your own whenever you have problem.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water. You should rush to the Ophthalmologist if you develop any sudden onset of pain, watering, redness or blurry vision in the operated eye . Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take much time to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.