Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. N.NandakumarYour feedback matters!
I have weak eye sight. I wear spec but when I m going to bed take off my spec tears come out so what I do.
I have an eyesight wit point of 9.00&6.5.wearing glasses from past 6 years. But the sight doesn't remain constant. Now am thinking to get laser treatment. So is it a good option for me. And I had an injury in the eye at the age of 4 years. So what's your advice.
My age is 23 and am a student bt from some days when I try to concentrate, my head starts paining and then eyes pain. Can not study. Pls suggest me any medicine or yoga.
On of my eyes is smaller than the other. It's not a big difference but I can easily notice it. Do I have some kind of disease?
Sir/mam. My health is good but my face become continuously thin and dull. I have tried so many things for chubby cheeks or for fatty face bt nothing works. It makes me looks older but I am only 20 years old. My eyes having dark circles and puffiness around my eyes. Please suggest me something which makes my face look younger and gain some fat on my face without gaining fat on my body.
I feel sleepy during morning time, my eyes r burning, why this happened after having 6hrs night sleep everyday. How can I avoid such situation in future?
Hi Dr. My head slightly pains every night with a feeling of pain in eyes. Sometimes I feel a very little dizziness too. These r happening frm last one week. I m 28 years old and a bank personnel m using high power myopic lenses Sitting job in front of a computerPrevailing weather conditions are too cold here -abhijit kanpur.
I used computer 8 to 9 hrs regularly, some time feel head-ache and pressure in eye. Using Rose water and cold water daily morning and night. How to prevent eye.
I am a 27 year old bog want to ask something about my eye problem. I can not talk with anyone by seeing their eye i. E my eye contact with other person is very bad. How to improve it, please help.
There been pain in my eyes while studying on computer screen. Persistently it becomes headache. What is it?
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries.