Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N.MangaleswariYour feedback matters!
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues? And his brest cancer inherited.
Hi, my fiancee didn't get her chums yet it's going to be almost 3 months now and we have taken a preg test which was negative, please advise as I'm scared that she may be pregnant.
I am 25 years old now I am 3rd month carrying. I have problem of placenta separation. Is any thing to worry seriously. I have to missed abortions previously.
Fibroadenomas are benign non carcinogenic tumors that occur in the breasts of women. Although the condition may affect females of any age; spanning from pubescent girls to middle aged ladies, yet it is most commonly diagnosed in young women below 30 years of age. Fibroadenomas can be described as a stiff, smooth, supple marble under the skin of your breasts, which move when touched. These tumors which occur in varied sizes, may shrink or expand with time. Diagnosing through biopsies and treatment by surgeries are commonly employed for such a condition.
Types of Fibroadenomas
Fibroadenomas are of two types: simple fibroadenomas and complex fibroadenomas. The simple tumors are usually harmless and almost look the same under the lens of a microscope. On the other hand, the complex tumors are comprised of macro cysts (large fluid-filled sacs) and calcifications (deposits of calcium) which can slightly increase the chance of breast cancer.
What is the primary cause of Fibroadenomas?
Doctors aren't able to pinpoint the chief cause of fibroadenomas, but they have reasons to believe that the condition may pertain to the reproductive hormones. The condition may occur during pregnancy or during the use of hormone therapy, owing to which, the tumors may increase in size. The tumors are usually seen to shrink postmenopause, when the hormone levels start to dwindle. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Fibroadenomas are apparent and you may be able to detect them even without a doctor. The marble like tumor within your breasts are usually:
- Rubbery and elastic
- Easily movable
These tumors can range from being too small to as big as 3 inches or more in diameter. These lumps, which are usually harmless may be a cause of concern if they start to grow or change. Consulting a doctor is duly advised in such cases.
Risks: Fibroadenomas, only in the rarest cases, increase the likelihood of breast cancer. A complex fibroadenoma comprising of cysts or thick tissues called calcifications may aggravate your condition. Causes of concern could be if the tumor pains, a family history of cancer or an event of a questionable biopsy report. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
My friend is 8months pregnant and she is having legs pain and backache what should she do? And she also want to know in winters now what should she add in hot milk except protein powder n drink?
I have got periods yesterday but only a drops was noticed and we are trying to conceive is it possible to get pregnant?
Can the swelling in fallopian tubes be reduced naturally. If yes what should be done so that I can conceive.
सोते समय स्वप्न में यौन क्रीड़ा संबंधी दृश्य देखने पर जननेन्द्रिय में उत्तेजना आती है और शुक्राशय में एकत्रित हुआ शुक्र निकल जाता है, इसे स्वप्नदोष (नाइट फाल) होना कहते हैं, स्वप्नदोष होने का यह भी एक कारण होता है।
हमेशा दिमाग को अच्छे कामों और विचारों में उलझाए रखें।
कब्ज से बचने के लिए अपच से बचें। ये दोनों उपाय करते रहें तो बिना दवा सेवन किए भी स्वप्नदोष होना सदा के लिए बंद हो जाएगा, यह तो हुआ बगैर दवा का इलाज। इस प्रकार की व्याधि के लिए आयुर्वेदिक तरीके से इलाज का तरीका यहाँ दिया जा रहा है-
(1) पालक के पत्ते लगभग 250 ग्राम पानी से खूब धोकर सिल पर बिना पानी के पीस लें। एक मोटे साफ धुले हुए कपड़े को पानी में भिगोकर खूब अच्छी तरह निचोड़ लें, ताकि कपड़े में पानी न रहे। अब इसमें पिसी हुई पालक रखकर कपड़े को दबा-दबाकर पालक का रस एक कप में टपकाएँ। सुबह खाली पेट यह रस, दन्त मंजन करने के बाद पी लें और आधा घंटे तक कुछ खाएँ-पिएँ नहीं। यह प्रयोग रोजाना 6-7 दिन तक करने से स्वप्नदोष होना बंद हो जाता है। यह एक आयुर्वेदिक परीक्षित नुस्खा है।
(2) नीम गिलोय के अंगुलभर आकार के तीन टुकड़े और तीन काली मिर्च सिल पर रखकर कूट-पीसकर खूब बारीक कर लें। इसे सुबह खाली पेट पानी के साथ पिएं। जब स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाए, तब इसका सेवन करना बंद कर दें।
(3) आँवले का चूर्ण और भिंडी की जड़ का चूर्ण समान मात्रा में लेकर मिला लें और खूब बारीक पीस लें। अब इनके बराबर वजन में पिसी हुई मिश्री मिला लें। यह चूर्ण 1-1 चम्मच सुबह खाली पेट और रात को सोने से पहले, खाना खाने के 1-2 घंटे बाद पानी के साथ 40 दिन तक लेने से स्वप्नदोष होना बिलकुल बंद हो जाता है।
Hello sir, I had 4 times take a abortion pill and nowa days I knew my blood group is a negative. What I can when I am planning to next pregnancy?
Hi, I'm 13 weeks 6 days pregnant. Last day scan kiya mere report mai FHR 153/MIN EFBW 45GMS I'm so worried about baby EFBW 45Gms its normal or not please Dr. give me reply 45 gms kam hai Kay ? 14 weeks mi kitne hona chaiye aur karne se wight normal ho sakta hai please give me rply fast Thanks.
My wife's esr level is very high which is 85. Does it effect in pregnancy? how can I reduce its level?
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.