Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.M.PickthallYour feedback matters!
Sir/ma'am three days ago I lifted up heavy dumbbell so suddenly a I got some sound from my wrist like something is cracking it is paining a lot but I can move my wrist so what to do please help I want to get rid of pain fast.
I'm suffering from pimples and black spots and I'm worried about it and after bath my skin getting white things of the skin and face wash same.
I am 27 years male, my face color is very dullness and dark and pimples, I want skin whitening and clear face, what should I do, please choose a better medicine for color improvement, thank you.
I've patchy arm. Not sunburn n not leukoderma. But I don't know what it is. I have it since many years. It doesn't spread. I've tried medication But didn't worked. What should I do Patches are white. There is no sensations. Just a patchy skin.
I have urticaria since 8 years. And I've got so much dandruff now. Eczema is what many doctors said. I've tried all sorts of things. Kindly tell me the solution for it.
The colour of upper lip is changing and showing variation in colour is this some kind of infection? Please help me with this.
Hi. I bought this serum of vit c 20%and hyaluronic acid and vit c with amino acid blend and fluric acid .can I use this serum with makeup when I out. Or there's may cause damage to my face skin please answer and these ingredients are they of benefits?
Recently, I've been undergoing anal fissure treatment. Also, there a anal clear sometimes Yellow watery discharge. But since two days, I've got these dry itchy soft bumps on my upper inner thighs area (area beside scrotum). It started on left thigh and spread to right thigh due to walking I guess that day. It has become difficult to walk. Right now, I'm applying diaper rash cream. I can't properly identify such bumps. Are these anyhow linked to my anal problem (like hpv genital warts)? Please help, I'm really worried.
I have 1. 5 year doughtier. she she was very dark in colour.Now she is almost fair. Still skin has uneven tontone. Day by day she is getting fair. Me and my husband both are fair. My question is wether there is lack of any vitamin or anything. Due to this she born dark. Should I give any supplementary vitamins to recover fast. Or its matter of over pigmentation?
I have got oily skin but want to remove it forever from the face. What I must need to apply on my face to get rid of oiliness?
Moisturize your skin. Moisturize your skin with lotion it protects your skin during winters, you can use almond oil, avocado oil also.
Apply sunscreen. Winter sun can alos damage your skin so it is essential to apply sunscreen 30 mins before going to sun.
Skin of hand is thinner than most o part and have few oil glands so it winter causes cracked, itchy hands so try to wear gloves befor going outside and wash your hand in warm water and then apply cream containing petroleum, glycerine.
Avoid wet gloves and wet socks as it can cause it litching, eczem, skin conditions.
For chapped lips apply lip balm and products containing petroleum, glycerine.
Avoid alcohol based toner, masks if your skin is dry.
Avoid taking too much hot water bath, limit bath time as it can cause your skin dry.
I am 20 years old and I have pimples on my face from the last 4 years. I have tried many homemade techniques and medicines for this. Still there are marks on my face of pimples. Now the new pimples does not occur, but the marks are still there. What should I do to remove these marks?
My face gets dryness due to winter season. Please advise which cold creme would help me to keep the skin of face softer. And when does it need to be applied?
Hi, I wanted to remove face tan in two weeks so any beauty parlor packs that makes glow. As I wanted instant glow suggest me apart from fruits and other things. Thank-you.
I have dark circles under my eyes even though I sleep for good hours. What is the reason and how to remove them.
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.