Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Allergist/Immunologists in India. You will find Allergist/Immunologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Allergist/Immunologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. N KrishnaswamyYour feedback matters!
My 2 year and 9 month old boy often catches cold. I used to gv homemade herbal medicines. How to raise hs immune system. He dislikes eating fruits. Pls help me.
Im having dust allergy problems since childhood and now I had a surgery on chronic sinusitis before 3 months and also septoplasty but now im having pain over right nose while breathing please help me.
Hello Dr. I am ashish sikrwar I am 26 year old man I am having sneezing problem during ngt and also in dust please tell me what should I do.
I have allergy from dust, perfume, cold air etc. When I go to bed do cover my head with a cloth else allergy.
I am suffering from asthma since two years and not able to breathe properly at winter nights so please help me.
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings.
In april 2013, at an age of 37, I first experienced asthma, that is not linked to any known allergy. I took 3 kinds of pumps, 10 kinds of tablets and some nasal sprays, all countering the side effect of some other. Frustrated with the fuss and costs, I resorted to homeopathy where the doctor gave me one solution tasting like urine to replace all the conventional medicines. I tried the same for 22 months but the recurrence of coughing cycles didn't subdue. Losing hope, I took an ayurvedic chyawanprash-like medicine from kerala and that too hasn't worked wonders. So far, I don't have much of shortness of breath but coughing, soar throat and sputum production are almost persistent and routine and order of the day. In case there is some sure-shot relief from the symptoms available, please revert as the above is affecting my life adversely in all respects.
He is suffering from unstable angina. Recently angiogram was done to him reports are normal. He has asthma. He is using lar-h, clopidogrel. Will you please suggest which medicine can be used to reduce it?
Most of India’s urban populace is highly prone to respiratory infections and problems due to the dangerously high air pollution levels in all major cities across the country. Air we breathe in travels through the bronchial tube to reach our lungs. Problem begins when these tubes get inflamed and mucus builds up. It leads to coughing and shortness of breath which is known as bronchitis. It is very important to identify the symptoms in the beginning and get yourself treated by a doctor immediately.
Look out for these symptoms of acute bronchitis.
1. Prolonged Cough - If your coughing goes beyond ten days, it could be bronchitis. If you have been coughing so long, check if the mucus is coloured too.
2. Shortness Of Breath - If you are facing shortness of breath despite not being asthmatic, you should see a doctor.
3. Chest Pain - Chest pain and chest tightness could be a symptom of acute bronchitis as breathing troubles might cause problems in such areas.
4. Sore Throat - Sore throat with persistent coughing is also a symptom for acute bronchitis.
5. Flu Like Symptoms - Most children show very different symptoms of bronchitis. They might show flu like signs of runny nose, sore throat, back or muscle pain and chills.
6. Weight Loss - You might also experience unexplained weight loss.
7. Barking Cough - Deep, barking cough is a sure shot symptom of something serious and you need a consult a specialist immediately.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.