Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. N.Kishore KumarYour feedback matters!
Hello, recent times I am feeling someone holding me at night while sleeping, I was unable to open my eyes and can't do anything.
I am 20 year old boy. My eyes is very small. What should I do now. please suggest me some tips for my eyes?
Hello sir /mam My name is naveen chauhan and am from haryana Sir/mam I have a problem in my eyes the water drops in my eyes are flowing continuously in 5-5 seconds. I don't know. What can I do? Sir/mam tell me solution please.
My friend is 23 year old. He is thinking of get basic laser for eyes. Currently he has -5 power of lenses in spectacle. If there is any doubt that after surgery he will get full vision and in future is there any risk of losing vision. And can he get basic laser more than one time?
I am 18 years boy and I wear glasses for eye side weakness for 9 years but now I want to get rid from it but naturally is there any way I will take tablets or home remedies or exercises is there any perfect fully trusted way.
Good morning sir I have a problem with the eyes i.e when I was using my laptop for longer time I am getting pain .If I am not using there is no problem. But I had lot of work with the laptop for my studies. So what should I want to do to avoid this eye pain.
Sir, I'm aged 24. I have sight of -5 and -4.75 .What is the required sight for reservation in government jobs. I.e, for VH candidates. Pls inform to my mail id.
I have suffering from fever last night and I have eyes pain for one days sir please help me advise me.
As we all know smart phones are essential part of human life. But they have fatal & serious bad effects on human body. So I want know that how a person can take care of his/her eyes. How to stay away from smart phones. And how smart phones can effect human body.
I have diplopiya vision and my MRI result shows ischemic changes of small vessels of brain. I have history of high blood sugar from last 4years. What I do?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My eyesight has become blurry.In a surgery my lens was changed .After surgery my eyesight became very clear. But after two weeks it has become blurry again.
I have itchiness and irritation and little reddish in left eye from past six days. Right eye is OK. Kindly suggest.
I am using spectacle till last 8 years I had hypermatropia I can not see farsight. N the power on my left eye is 4.00 n right eye is 3.00. Whether my spectacle remove or not please give me best medicine. To remove spectacle.
I am getting red eyes at night after I surf my phone about any hour. I cannot stay away from phone so guide me in this matter.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day.