Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N.KannanYour feedback matters!
I am male 52 years old. Blood sugar normal. Uric acid in control. But my creatinine level is 1.12. How can I control this level. please advice.
I am 16 year teenager I have nt slept for 2 days and has a severe head ache and body pain what should I do.
Hi my elder brother Pradeep is suffering from diabetes type 2. All his medicines are going normal but then also the on serum insulin isn't reducing. Can I have done natural ways of either reducing or maintaining his serum instilling level to or near normal? Please provide me your suggestions. Thax.
How can I increase my penis length. please help me. My penis length is less then 5 inch and I want to increase my penis length by at least 2 to 3 inch. please help me so that I can feel proud.
He feel some weakness during his sex because of his past life because he was addicted of masturbation . Give any suggestion because his penis is also too small.
I am 26 years old. Monthly I am doing 5 time masturbation. Have any problem will come to my body. How to avoid this masturbation.
My colestrorel level is high. Testosterone total-322 ng/dL. Free testosterone -12. 13pg/dL. Cortisol morning is high. Tsh is in the normal range. Rest hormones are OK as per the blood report. I am under severs stress for few months. My libido is nill. I am facing ED. I am obese since childhood. Weight is 84 kg. Height is 168 cm. Age is 28. After going through my report, a doctor at Lybrate is not responding properly. Any specialist doctor on this field want to help me.
abdomen is hard and continuous pain in lower region of abdomen what is the cause and what is the remedy.
Hello, I am 25 year old having a problem regarding late wake up in the morning even if I sleep early in last night, after many try I am not able to improve myself and feeling sleepy at morning, is there any physically reason for laziness, please advice.
Dear Sir, I am 48 years old Man having no problem except hypothyroidism and taking daily early morning a Tab. Thyronorm-150 mcg. As prescribed by the doctor. Since last one month I am having problem in motion in morning. Motion is not clear and I feel that due constipation lot of gas is deposited in stomach. What are the posibble reasons and home remedies to clear the motion in morning. Regards.
After root canal treatment capping your tooth is necessary otherwise your tooth may fracture break.
I am suffering from running nose, cold and chill, sometimes very high fever. What remedies should I take to get rid of this situation.
I am having too much gas in my stomach due to which every time my stomach and mouth burns .even I take lots of water. Also since 2 days after urine my tip burns a lot for 5 min .please give the suggestion.
I am 19 year old boy and have neck pain right side, the pain continues till all the day, the neck muscles often become stiff in right side, the jaws become leaked and often gives a bony sound, when I unlock it gives bony sound in neck when I move side by side, and the pain goes to right hand nerve of last two fingers and rigt hand and back right side and I unable sit comfortably, and I unable write at least 1 hour it gives shoulder pain, I consulted many orthopedic doctors and they says that do shoulder, neck strengthening exercises but it didn't give complete cure, I am suffering from this pain since 1year pls tell me what about the problem& cureness.
सर/मेडम मुझे 5-7 दिन से गले में काफी दर्द हो रहा है।कुछ भी खाता हूं तो बहुत दर्द होता है।पानी भी पिता हु तो दर्द होता है। सुबह सुबह कफ भी ज्यादा निकलता है। कृपया मदद कीजिये
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!