Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
my periods are okay but i am not getting pregnent sice 3 months i used femilon tablets after advise of doctor is that is problem
My last period date is Jan 25 and I had sex on feb 5, till yet I didn't got my periods But I felt few cramps in stomach and medium breast pain and it increased bit. I felt as I'm pregnant, I don't know how many weeks I'm pregnant and how to count that. Please let me know how many weeks I'm pregnant. Presently I'm healthy and not using any of medicines. I want to go for abortion Is it good if I use abortion kit? Should I consult any doctor regarding dosage? Or please guide me how to take steps.
My wife is seven months pregnant. She is34 years old. Our elder daughter is 11 years old. My wife is second pregnant. Since she started 4 month her feet started swelling. Dr. suggested shelcal HD and Autrin since she is felling well but swelling exist yet. After 11 years my wife is pregnant does that matter.
I have problem of paining in periods. 5 days of periods you can't go out of pain because of so much of stress and pain.
As you are reading this article, you may find several plastic items within your reach, your computer or phone, a pen, maybe an old food container in your kitchen. Today, plastic is everywhere in our lives. It has become an icon of convenience culture.
Is it really safe?&nbsp;
Before we take a call whether plastic we are using is safe or not, it is important to understand different type of plastics. Society of plastic industry has grouped plastics into 7 different categories separate code called spi is given to each plastic, which is marked in triangle symbol at the bottom of each plastic bottle.
Spi code #1:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 1 is made with polyethylene terephthalate, which is also known as pete or pet. Pete-based containers sometimes absorb odours and flavors from foods and drinks that are stored inside of them. Items made from this plastic are commonly recycled.
Beverage bottles, medicine jars, peanut butter jars, combs, beanbags, and rope.
Recycled pete is used to make tote bags, carpet, fiber fill material in winter clothing, and more.
Impression: okay to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #2:
The spi code of 2 identifies plastic made with high-density polyethylene, or hdpe. Hdpe products are very safe and are not known to leach any chemicals into foods or drinks. (however, due to the risk of contamination from previously held substances, please note: it is never safe to reuse an hdpe bottle as a food or drink container if it didn't originally contain food or drink!) hdpe products are commonly recycled.
Items made from this plastic include containers for milk, motor oil, shampoos and conditioners, soap bottles, detergents, and bleaches. Many personalized toys are made from this plastic as well.
Recycled hdpe is used to make plastic crates, plastic lumber, fencing, and more.
Impression: good to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones.
Spi code #3:
Plastic labeled with an spi code of 3 is made with polyvinyl chloride, or pvc. Pvc is not often recycled and can be harmful if ingested.
Pvc is used for all kinds of pipes and tiles, but it's most commonly found in plumbing pipes. This kind of plastic should not come in contact with food items.
Recycled pvc is used to make flooring, mobile home skirting, and other industrial-grade items.
Impression: avoid using it as it contains plasticisers such as deha or phthalates that can leach into food.
Spi code #4:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 4 is made with low-density polyethylene, or ldpe. Ldpe is not commonly recycled, but it is recyclable in certain areas. It tends to be both durable and flexible. It also is not known to release harmful chemicals into objects in contact with it, making it a safe choice for food storage.
Plastic cling wrap, sandwich bags, squeezable bottles, and plastic grocery bags all are made from ldpe.
Recycled ldpe is used to make garbage cans, lumber, furniture, and many other products seen in and around the house.
Impression: ok to use. Not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones, but not as widely recycled as #1 or #2.
Spi code #5:
Consumers will find the spi code of 5 on plastic items made with polypropylene, or pp. Pp can be recycled but is not accepted for recycling as commonly as pete or hdpe. This type of plastic is strong and can usually withstand higher temperatures.
Among many other products, it is used to make plastic diapers, tupperware, margarine containers, yogurt boxes, syrup bottles, prescription bottles, and some stadium cups. Plastic bottle caps often are made from pp as well.
Recycled pp is used to make ice scrapers, rakes, battery cables, and similar items that need to be durable.
Impression: ok to use. Hazardous during production, but not known to leach any chemicals that are suspected of causing cancer or disrupting hormones. Not as widely recycled as #1 and #2.
Spi code #6:
Plastic marked with an spi code of 6 is made with polystyrene, also known as ps and most commonly known as styrofoam. Ps can be recycled, but not efficiently; recycling it takes a lot of energy, which means that few places accept it.
Disposable coffee cups, plastic food boxes, plastic cutlery, packing foam, and packing peanuts are made from ps.
Recycled ps is used to make many different kinds of products, including insulation, license plate frames, and rulers.
Impression: avoid using it as researchers have investigated possible health risks from traces of styrene monomer. This risk seems to be low.
Spi code #7:
The spi code of 7 is used to designate miscellaneous types of plastic that are not defined by the other six codes. Bisphenol a (bpa), polycarbonate and polylactide are included in this category. These types of plastics are difficult to recycle.
Polycarbonate, or pc, is used in baby bottles, large water bottles (multiple-gallon capacity), compact discs, and medical storage containers.
Recycled plastics in this category are used to make plastic lumber, among other products.
Impression: totally avoid using it as it polycarbonate can release bpa into food, especially when bottles are washed for reuse. Can leach into food as product ages.
Avoid recycling symbols 3, 6, and 7. While number 1 is considered safe, it is also best to avoid this plastic. Look for symbols 2, 4, and 5, as these plastics are considered to be safest.
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
Hi Dr. My period date is 24 .from 2 .3 months my period cum early 7 8 dayd so I take homeopathic medicine .i m also trying fr baby. Nw its 21 st morning I feel like period bt lil light pink n brown colour lil discharge come bt after dat white discharge what is it is I am pregnant or other problem .plzz help today also I feel like .i have pain also right side some time.
My wife is pregnant from 1 and half month. There was blooding also in last men's cycle and now it continues. It's ours first child. Doctor is saying we can't take gurranty for child. Is it true? Can it not be cured. Please reply.
I am 27 years old married woman. I am feeling pain in my left breast for almost 3 months. Have visited gen, Physician already.
How to delay my periods for 2-3 days? Please tell me home remedies so I can easily use it. But tell me the most effective way to delay.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.