Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N Hephzibah KirubamaniYour feedback matters!
Hai. Can you please tell me dat can I continue my walk after my ovulation while I am trying to conceive?? N I wanna point out dat I am ttc frm last 1.5 yrs.
Regular exercise helps to protect you from many diseases. An exercise schedule of 15 to 20 minutes is good for health benefits. It includes activities such as aerobics, stretching, cycling, muscle strengthening, physical activity or yoga.
Everyone benefits from regular exercise, at least five times a week. It helps to:
• Control weight
• Build strength and stamina
• Improve flexibility of joints and prevent injuries
• Relieve stress
• Improve appearance and self esteem
• Strengthen bones and joints
• Reduce menstrual cramps
• Maintain strength and independence in old age.
How to do exercise with busy schedule
On the way
• Take the stairs instead of lift.
• Get off the bus one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way.
In the office
• Stand up and stretch while talking on the phone.
• Get colleagues to join in for a lunch time workout session.
• Do some stretches or sit-ups during commercial breaks on TV.
• Join kids at the playground after work.
• Go for walks after dinner instead of always sitting around watching TV.
Your uterus is held in place by ligaments, tissues and pelvic muscles. The prolapse occurs when the ligaments or muscles weaken, and thus they can no longer support the uterus. The uterus slips or sags from its usual position into the birth canal (vagina).
Uterine prolapse could be complete or incomplete:
- If the uterus partly sags into the vagina, the prolapse is incomplete.
- If the uterus falls, and tissues are found to be resting in the vagina's exterior, the prolapse is termed 'complete'
Type of Prolapse:
- Cystocele: It is characterized by the herniation (bulging) of the vaginal wall caused by the bladder; it leads to urination problems
- Enterocele: It is characterized by the bulging on the vaginal wall caused by the bowel; it leads to backache
- Rectocele: If the rectum pushes into the vaginal wall, it makes movement in bowels difficult
Uterine prolapse can be caused by any of the following factors:
- Normal childbirth through the vagina weakens muscles
- Pelvic muscles weaken with age
- Tissues weaken after menopause and oestrogen loss
- Chronic cough, constipation, pelvic tumours or abdominal fluid accumulation puts a lot of pressure on the abdomen leading to prolapse
- Pelvic muscles are stressed if you are obese or overweight
- Major pelvic (or areas around it) surgery leads to loss of muscular support
- Excessive weight lifting causes weakening of muscles
Symptoms of uterine prolapse depend on its severity. There are no symptoms or signs if you have mild uterine prolapse. But if you have moderate to severe uterine prolapse, you might experience the following symptoms:
- Sensation of pulling or heaviness in the pelvis
- Tissue bulges out of your vagina
- Urinary problems like urine retention or urine leakage
- Bowel movement difficulties
- Pain in lower back
- Sexual problems such as vaginal tissues feeling loose
Symptoms might feel less distressing during the morning, but they worsen at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am 19 years old any my periods date was on 21 feb bt I had missed it till now and I had sex wid my partner I do not want to get pregnant and before also I have missed my periods for about 3 or 4 months as I was having pco problem please help me what should I do as early as possible.
After I had sex which was yesterday. I'm worried that I might be pregnant. We used a condom it did not break. And he said he did not come. But no I'm getting light yellow discharge from my vagina. What is this and could I be pregnant or can someone explain to me?
Doctor I had sex on 11 march in morning and after 5-6 hrs I had unwanted 72 tablets. Doctor I had athletic meet so I rab on 15-16th march. Now I am sensing red discharge today. Doctor also my last period ended on 7th march. Do I need to take pregnancy test?
Hello doc am facing problem with pcod but am taking treatment that. They given treatment for that M2-tone syrup and ovral-g tablets please tell me any chance to get pregnancy still I am not getting kids.
I had body sex last week. No penetration or anything. During sex my partner bite me on both sides of neck. Now I am having mark on both sides. Its been 5 days but the love bites are not going away nor they are fading. So, is this normal or any serious issue? I am really worried. Also, it was a random hook up. I do not know the name with whom I hooked up. So, I do not have any info if my partner was infected or anything? (Does AIDS get transferred by biting) ? What needs to be done? Will it automatically go away? Please gelp.
Hi My wife is 3 month pregnant, I am really worried about her health because she is not showing interest in food please help me what should I do?
I have a sex with my wife without condom, after sex I gave her unwanted 72. Now next day she want to have ultrasound so the detail of sex or unwanted 72 comes in ultrasound or not. How many days should ultrasound done so the report of sex or unwanted 72 doesn't come.
HI, I just wanted to ask if you are having a menstruation would it be safe to still take progesterone if the flow is not that heavy?
I got my periods on Feb 14 and we had sex on Feb 19 but still I not got my periods I have normal periods cycle 28 days n my pregnancy test results shows negative m not ready for baby wt to do now if I tke ny pills s thr NY issue.
If you want to adopt a stray puppy/kitten or dog/cat at home, things must not be ignored.
1. Be extreme cautious about the diseases that can be transmitted from dogs or cats to human beings.
2. Examine the puppy /kitten or dog /cat carefully and neatly, preferably take it to your veterinarian to rule out any existing disease. Few may be infectious, can affect your other healthy pets at home, if any! scope of carrying contagiuos zoonotic diseases like rabies, leptospirosis etc. Should be carefully assessed and inspected.
3. Take suggestions from your vet regarding deworming of your newly adopted pets as few worms also can be transmitted from them to us particularly to children as well as can endanger pets' life too.
4. Know elaboratedly about the precautions that you have to take after you have taken/adopted that stray animal to your house for safe handling without making yourself prone to any kind of infections transmissible from animals to human beings. If a quarantine period is essential and asked to maintain, you need to follow that.
5. Try utmost to avoid any kind of bite, scratch, lick on your injured/broken skin or on fresh cut on your skin unless this quarantine period is completed or over and you have completed its all possible immunizations including anti rabies vaccine.
6. An adopted stray dog or cat may have many complications and weakness regarding its health. Handle it delicately along with all possible personal health care measures as said above to treat it, so that it can survive and grow for a full health.
7. Complete its all possible vaccinations under indian standard in healthy clinical condition from your veterinarian.
Lastly I wish a better and healthy life for your adopted pet. Just follow these basics and go ahead. No adverse consequence will perturb you thereafter.
My girlfriend is 18 we recently had sex and used condom but she has missed her periods. A little bit of bleeding is what has only occurred. In the last two days. Can you elaborate.
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea Flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.