Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N.D. Mohamed Ismail
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. N.D. Mohamed IsmailYour feedback matters!
My mom is allergic to dust, she often gets I'll when she is prone to dust while cleaning and also has asthma at starting stage, she gets suffocated when there is cloudy weather with aches in her back, also she looses her energy often in whether change. Pl guide.
My father is suffering from joint pain I think with both legs and at the night he suffers and feels pain too much so tell me best treatment advise for pain in legs.
I have too much pain in my backbone. I can't walk without any support. I am very confused for my health. Please help & suggestions to me. Thank you.
I have been suffering from a chest pain since 1993. My age is now 69. Pain occurs just below my neck, 1/2 to 1 inch left from the central line and two sides of the neck on slight physical work or any excitement. In any time. But at night frequently it comes in my sleep if I take any food at late hours and certainly it comes if I take rich food in any time. Pain subsides on taking sorbitrate under tongue. Physician suspects it is angina, I think it may be stricture of esophagus because in this disease sorbitrate also works. I am not taking medicine for long time I simply follow a strict food chart. Please give your opinion and suggestion.
Hi, I get lower back pain after my shoulder or Biceps workout, wherein I will stand and do the exercise, I also use the gym belt while I workout. Please suggest me how to get rid of this pain.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries, or ACL injuries, are understood to be tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases, like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
- You are unable to move properly.
- You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
- You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
- Your knee begins to swell gradually.
- You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
- You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game:
- Sudden arrest in motion
- An unsteady landing from a jump
- Direct blows to the knee from tackles
- Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
- Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
- Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care -
- Rest: Proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: Using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: Ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: When lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
- Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
- Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!