Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N.BalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
My new born baby girl for 4 months running is getting fever since morning. She is around 5 kg of weight. I have Paracetamol paediatric oral suspension IP (Calpol paediatric drops ). Can I give her if than how. Please suggest me.
My almost 2 year old does not sleep through out the night. He is cranky between 2 to 5 in the morning. I give him milk twice in between sleeps yet he is cranky or crying what would be the reason.
My son is 20 month. At born time he has thyroid. After that we Doesn't done any test. What to do now? Is there any harmful effect of that please guide me.
My one and a half year old baby boy suddenly felt itchy on buttocks. There were 7_8 red pimples. Den doc gave anti allergic after few days dey are gone but spots remained. Now 4-5 such pimples on his back. This itchiness he feels after sleeping few hours in night. Even though he did not pee in pants that time. Dey are not puss filled. What are they and how can I stop them in future. No new food has been introduced to him as well. Please help. I am very concerned.
How to tackle a hyperactive child of 7 years who lacks concentration but fetches good marks in academics.As a result his mother hits him quite often. How to handle?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
How many hairs do we lose per day? Do we lose more hairs in a day when we get older? I am losing my eyebrow hair. What is happening to me? If my hand snags gently a hair will come out. Is that damaging? If you have any information on childhood alopecia, please let me know. I had a baby 7 months ago and ever since my hair has been falling out in clumps. I have sever hair fall after pregnancy. How can I make my hair look better?
My son is 5.3yrs old, he has stuffed nose and cold.How do I identify the wheeze? Medication for cold?
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
Seasonal changes can be very exciting for most people. Each season brings with it a new set of colours and nature takes a new turn. However, for people with seasonal allergies, a seasonal change also comes with a set of allergies. From skin rashes to wheezing to breathing difficulties, the list of symptoms can be quite long. Asthma is the most common problem, and the attacks can be quite bothersome with wheezing attacks and breathing troubles.
With advancements in the field of medicine, there is a lot of relief for asthma patients. A little understanding on how asthma attacks happen will help in understanding how to control it. Asthma is an allergic reaction caused by narrowing of the airway with thick mucus, which makes breathing difficult. During an attack, the person can have a dry cough, face shortness of breath and wheezing.
Asthma is often triggered or worsened by some factors, and being aware of these can help prevent or manage an attack:
- Common allergens like pollen, mites, ticks, furs of animals, bird feathers, specific foods (peanuts, milk products, eggs, etc.) and mold spores appear during change of season.
- Environmental chemicals like cigarette smoke, car fumes, dust, etc., can also trigger an attack.
- Attacks of cold or flu can lead to an asthma attack.
- Workout during cold weather can be problematic, but exercise can also help control asthma attacks. Lung function improves sufficiently, but an exercise regime should be drawn up for the patient based on his condition.
- Stressful emotions like anger and anxiety can also lead to an attack or make it worse.
- Some medications like aspirin, beta blockers, glaucoma drops can aggravate attacks of asthma.
Once you know the triggers, here are some common measures that can help prevent and relieve the wheezing.
- The preventers reduce the inflammation in the airway tube and the swelling. While they do not provide immediate relief during an attack, using these in the long term helps avoid attacks. These are low-dose inhaled corticosteroids such as beclomethasone, fluticasone, and budesonide. Doctors would advise their usage even when there are no symptoms, as asthma attacks can be triggered when they are not taking these medications for a while. Newer drugs include leukotriene antagonists like montelukast and zafirlukast. Relievers are used for symptom relief and include Salbutamol (short acting) and Salmeterol/Formoterol (long acting). Peak flow meter may be useful in acute attacks, wherein the peak flow rates can be reduced.
A good strategy is to use preventers regularly and rely on relievers during an attack. The first one helps build resistance and so reduces the incidence of attacks. Reach out to a doctor if a severe attack ensues (lasts more than 3 hours).