Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. N BalajiYour feedback matters!
My son is 7 years old his upper front two teeth have space in between and one side teeth (that is called Canines I think) has no space to grow. How can it be treated. I consulted a dentist he told that his teeth are still coming so the denture is shaping up so the space can be filled by itself but I am worried for the one side teeth that now has no space to come.
I am 21 year old, I recently had severe tooth ache and dentist after x ray said, its bcz 1 of the wisdom teeth which is half grown outside gums and unable to come out completely as there's no space for it. He also said that I need to get all 4 teeth removed some day as there's no space and will cause much pain further. I was said its not immediately necessary to remove tooth but I can go for it when the pain gets worse. But surprisingly after few days the tooth ache has completely gone by itself and I have no other dental problem .what does this mean? Did my tooth grow normal? Do I need to take an x ray to confirm it inspite of no pain at all.
I am 18 years old. and I have problem with my mouth. When I brush my teeth whole mouth feels like itching. So I have changed my toothpaste from anchor to colgate. But it's not working. My problem was not solve. Second problem is that I have stretchmarks on my tummy and thigh. So how can I remove it. and I am fat and my weight is 65 jd height is 4'7" it's because of more weight.
Is eating chewing bad for my health. I prefer happy dent. Two tabs a day mostly after meals. I have heard that eating chewing gums uses up your digestive enzymes which have a limited production during our lifetime.
Which medicine or syrup should I prefer for the ulcers on tongue. Small red dots seen on the front side of the tongue.
Sir my brother have bad breath problem. He tried also mouth cleaner When he used after 15 mints again same problem He brushed daily but why this is? Tell me any solution please.
I have yellow teeth at the age 10 years now I am 18 years it is cause due to flourisus so how my teeth is clean it is possible.
I have problem in my teeth that is going to black and I want to replaceone teeth please suggest me better treatment for this and which is give me better look of my teeth.
Dear sir/mama I just know that in my teeth some pain for few days. I know the mean of this pain in teeth. Thanks Regards Dheeraj.
Doctor, I am a 56-year-old gentleman. I have a question to a dentist. I am suffering from moderate orthodontia. I feel very much embarrassed giving an open smile. I habitually avoid displaying my teeth. I know that is a very unhealty psyche but can't help. I know that treatment may cause lot of time involvement, expenses, and perhaps become a handicap in social mixing. Can you please suggest possible quick and cost effective remedies? Please inform.
My mouth is painful I can not eat food there is a crack in my mouth at the end of teeth. Its very irritating please help me.
Paan khane me chuna khane se niche waale last masurhe me thoda ghaw jaisa hone pe kon si dawa khani chahiye.
My age is twenty I have teeth problem when I eat cold food my teeth is created so pain sensitive. please help what can I do?
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.