Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. N Bagya LakshmiYour feedback matters!
Hi I am married female trying to conceive I have 26-30 days cycle and I do bleed for 3 days with clots but this month I started my period on 29 th day with only clots with some pink discharge for 1.5 day and then stopped today is my fifth day of new cycle I took tsh test which was 0.3 and hemoglobin is 12.9 So what would be the reason to happen like this which never happened before for me whether this will affect my pregnancy and what precautions can I take it for this cycle to get pregnant?
Natural remedies for general weakness:
- Soak 8-10 almonds and 1 teaspoon rice overnight. Remove the outer skin of almonds and make a fine paste. Mix in some milk and a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi). Boil in water and drink this with sugar candy (mishri) or ordinary sugar to taste.
- Take mango slices. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon honey, a pinch of saffron (kesar), cardamom (chhoti illaichi) and rose water (gulab jal) on it. Take twice daily.
- Do 10-15 minutes of warm up and stretching exercises in the morning before leaving for work. This will help to keep you fresh and prevent tiredness.
- Never skip your morning breakfast.
- Take a break from your daily routine. Set some goals in the day to perform. Learn to delegate work as too many things together can be a cause for fatigue and tiredness.
- A warm shower after work or before going to bed is also helpful.
- Avoid cigarette smoking, alcohol and tobacco as far as possible.
- Avoid burning the candle from both the ends by sleeping late and getting up early in the morning. Have a sound sleep for at least 7-8 hours daily.
Hello doc, I am 29 and I suffer from severe pain during periods. Sometimes pain Killer also doesn't work for me. I take meftal_spas tablet two or three a day. For like three days during my period. Is it safe to use this pills. What should I do to get rid of this awful pain. Pls help.
My wife is suffering from pcod. Whether she ovulate? How to use ovulation detector kit and wen to use. We r planning for a child.
I'm married for five months and I calculate my ovulation using BBT and P Tracker. It said my ovulation was on 7th nov. We had contact on 5th, 6th and 9th nov. Now I found some white discharge in small. Is it mean that every thing came out. Can I get pregnant.
I'm 20 years old female and during my periods I suffer from severe cramp. Is there any medicine which I can take to reduce pain and there should be no side effect of taking that medicine. My pain is unbearable, even I can't sit properly. Please advice.
Health benefits of consuming dates:
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. Dates are rich in vitamins and minerals.
2. They are rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin b1, b2, b3 and b5 along with vitamin a1 and c.
3. It helps improve the digestive system
As it contains soluble and insoluble fibers and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system. Researches have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7. Dates also help in lowering of the ldl cholesterol.
8. Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia. The patients can eat many dates for better advantages. Dates also have fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
9. It helps people suffering from constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
10. It helps increase one's sexual stamina.
11. Soak one handful of dates in goat's milk overnight. In the morning grind the dates in the milk and add honey and cardamom powder and drink it.
12. Dates help in weight gain and are beneficial for those who suffer from over slimming problem.
13. Dates are excellent for alcoholic intoxication.
14. Cures abdominal cancer. The best thing is that it does not have any side effect on the body and is completely natural as well as it works better than medicine. It also helps in improving eye sight and helps in curing night blindness as well.
I am trying for a baby but it's not working. And I also have a problem in time period. Can you please help?
Vaginal bleeding stands for blood loss from the vagina (including the vaginal wall) or uterus. Marking the beginning of a new reproductive cycle, normal vaginal bleeding (menstruation) takes place every 21-35 days.
It is regarded abnormal if it takes place
- Outside of your normal menstruation period
- When you’re pregnant
- After menopause
- Menstrual flow is heavier or lighter than normal
Common Causes of Unexpected Vaginal Bleeding:
1. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
If your body’s hormone production is out of balance, it brings about a disruption in the normal ovulation (monthly discharge of an egg) cycle, causing abnormal vaginal bleeding.
2. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
Infection or inflammation of the female reproductive organs namely, uterus, ovaries or fallopian tubes as a result of sexually transmitted bacteria can lead to abnormal bleeding. The problem occurs when the bacterial infection spreads from the vagina into these parts of the reproductive system. More importantly, inflammation of these areas can also bring about vaginal bleeding particularly after sexual intercourse.
3. Intrauterine Device (IUD)
The use of Intrauterine Device (a birth control tool that is inserted into the uterus to prevent future pregnancy) can also cause vaginal bleeding like spotting (light bleeding between periods) or heavy periods.
Any hormonal medications, containing Estrogen or Progesterone (eg: certain birth control pills), when taken irregularly or indiscriminately, may lead to hormonal imbalance, leading to abnormal bleeding.
5. Early Pregnancy
Another very important cause of abnormal bleeding in women of reproductive age group is - Pregnancy. Any abnormal pregnancy or early pregnancy with certain defects, can lead to abnormal bleeding even though you may not yet be aware of the pregnancy. Usually, it is the first condition to be investigated in a woman with abnormal uterine bleeding, in reproductive age group.
Apart from these common causes, abnormal vaginal bleeding can also happen due to:
6. Thyroid Disorders
Changes in your menstrual cycle as a result of the hormonal imbalance brought on by an underactive thyroid gland (hypothyroidism) or an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) can lead to irregular bleeding patterns.
7. Uterine fibroids
Abnormal growths in the uterus or on its surface can lead to unexpected vaginal bleeding (longer or heavier periods and bleeding between periods).
8. Cancer of the reproductive organs
Cancer of the uterus, ovaries, vagina or cervix is also known to be an uncommon cause of abnormal vaginal bleeding. The blood loss can take place after sexual intercourse or between one menstrual cycle and the next.
I am 23 year old. and got sex on 12 march. I took I pill at that night. It is 23 march today and yet I do not have period. What should I do? Am I pregnant? please suggest doctor.
10 benefits of unripe green papaya
Green papaya comes fully loaded with health benefits for the presence of vital nutrients like vitamin c, b and e along with potassium, fiber, magnesium and minimal calories in it. Read ahead 10 amazing benefits of unripe green papaya for better health and vitality -
1. Aids digestion: green papaya contains a digestive enzyme namely papain that supplements for lack of gastric juice. It renders benefits in cases of intestinal irritation and excessive mucus in stomach.
2. Soothes inflammation: green papaya has anti-inflammatory properties for benefitting patients of asthma, osteoarthritis, gout and rheumatoid arthritis. It also has vitamin a that decreases lungs' inflammation in smokers. Fresh green papaya juice can also treat inflamed tonsils.
3. Eliminates toxins: the laxative fibers of green papaya get entangled with cancerous toxins and eliminate them via bowel movements. It also renders relief from constipation, piles and diarrhea.
4. Subsides skin infection: intake as well as topical application of green papaya can show impressive improvement in psoriasis, acne, skin pigmentation, freckles or inflamed skin.
5. Arrests bad cholesterol: unripe green papaya is full of antioxidants that prevent stroke or heart attack.
6. Eases menstrual pain: consumption of unripe papaya contracts womb's muscles for easy and regulated menstrual flow. It also prevents menstruation cessation.
7. Controls bowel movements: green papaya is anti-parasitic and anti-amoebic in character thus is able to regulate bowel movement that consequently eases constipation, indigestion, acid reflux, ulcers, heartburn and gastric problems.
8. Prevents heart ailment: green papaya maintains regulated blood flow and keeps check on the sodium content present in the body. This reduces the chances of heart ailments.
9. Dissolves extra weight: green papaya is full of vitamin a, c and e for trimming down extra pounds.
10. Develops mammary glands: the enzymes present in green papaya develop mammary glands and increases the production of breast enhancing hormones. Its content of vitamin a stimulates the secretion of ovarian estrogen and female hormones.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
Is it necessary for women to start calcium, vitamin d3 and any other supplement after 35 for healthy aging?
Hi all, I am searching the best birth control pill online which prevent pregnancy without creating any side-effect. Share your suggestions here.
Vaginal itching is a condition which occurs when the vagina comes in contact with irritants or because of a vaginal infection. Menopause may also lead to conditions that trigger itching in the vagina. In some cases, sexually transmitted diseases and skin allergies also lead to vaginal itching. The conditions in itself is not a major cause of concern, however, one should consult a doctor to treat the underlying condition, if any.
The main component of vaginal itching is the trigger, as there can be many of them. The various causes of vaginal itching are-
Irritants: Vaginal contact with certain irritants can be the cause behind vaginal itching. Some common substances that irritate the vagina are:
Skin Problems: Certain skin problems such as eczema and psoriasis can result in itching and redness in the genitals. Eczema is a condition which is akin to allergies. Psoriasis is a condition which is characterized by itchy, scaly and red patches on the skin. These symptoms may slowly start spreading to the vagina.
Infections in the Vagina: Infections in the vagina such as bacterial vaginosis and yeast infection can lead to vaginal itching. In addition to the vaginal itching, they can also lead to a foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
Menopause: During menopause, the estrogen levels in the body dip, thus resulting in a dry vagina. A dry vagina can sometimes lead to vaginal itching.
Stress: Excessive stress can lead to vaginal itching as stress affects the immune system in the body. A weakened immune system makes one prone to a number of disorders, vaginal itching being one of them.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases: STDs such as gonorrhea and chlamydia are disorders, symptoms of which include itching in the vagina.
The treatment for vaginal itching begins with a diagnosis of the underlying condition that might be causing it in the first place. The treatment for this disorder is cause specific; hence the underlying condition needs to be identified. Antibiotics and antifungal medications may be administered to treat vaginal itching. For menopause related causes, estrogen creams or tablets are required.
You can also take preventive measures such as:
Avoid using scented soaps.
Use protection during sex.
Wear cotton based underwear.
Eat plenty of yoghurt.