Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N B Anand
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. N B AnandYour feedback matters!
We have more than 200 bones in our body and each of them is susceptible to bone cancer. However, long bones in the arms and legs are most susceptible to this condition. Bone cancer can be primary or secondary. Primary bone cancer involves uncontrolled and abnormal cell division within the bones while secondary bone cancer refers to cancer that originated somewhere else in the body and later spread to the bones. While children and adults are equally at risk for primary bone cancer, adults and elderly people are more susceptible to secondary bone cancer. If diagnosed early enough, bone cancer can be treated and even cured with surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
Hence it is essential to recognize the signs and symptoms of bone cancer. Here’s what you should look out for.
- Pain in Bones: Pain is one the primary symptoms of bone cancer. As the tumour grows larger, this pain can become more intense. In its early stages, the pain may be experienced as a dull ache inside the bone or the affected part of the body. It may also increase or decrease according to your activity level or may be experienced only at night. However, not all bone pains signify ‘cancer’ as this is also a symptom associated with osteoporosis.
- Swelling: In some cases, the abnormal growth of bone cells can result in the formation of a lump of mass that may be felt through the skin. In other cases, the affected area may also show signs of swelling.
- Breaking of the Bone: Cancer can weaken the bones and make them more brittle. This may make the bones more susceptible to fractures. A bone breaking in an area that has been painful or sore for a long period of time may be a sign of cancer. This is known as a pathologic fracture.
- Reduced Flexibility: If the tumour is located near a joint, it may affect the range of movements possible and make simple actions uncomfortable. For example, a tumour around the knee may make walking and climbing stairs a painful exercise.
Other symptoms to look out for are sudden and drastic weight loss, tiredness, excessive sweating at night, fever and difficulty breathing in case cancer has spread to other organs. Since many of these symptoms are common to other medical disorders, you should conduct a doctor immediately if you notice any of them. A physical examination and a couple of tests along with a biopsy will be required to confirm a diagnosis of bone cancer.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello meine last year neck k 2 ct scan bhi krwaye the report normal h aur kisi karan last year bahut depressed bhi thi aur roti rehti thi. Kya in sabse breast cancer ka risk increase hota h kya please provide me accurate answer.
The sciatic pain caused due to a lumbar herniated disc can radiate down your legs and may make you immobile. It is quite common for a herniated disc to press against a nearby nerve and inflame, leading to pain radiating along the length of the affected sciatic nerve. For getting relief from lumbar herniated disc pain, you need to become active. Daily hamstring stretches are considered to be an effective way to tackle such pain if you do them regularly.
Here are three important hamstring stretches which will help you in strengthening your hamstring muscles:
- Seated chair stretches: This stretch is perfect for people whose mobility is limited or for those who have unusually tight hamstrings. It is carried out in a sitting position. While performing this stretch, you have to sit on a chair with another chair placed across. By resting one foot on the ground and the other on the second chair, you need to straighten your back and lean forward over the leg which is extended. Once you feel a stretch in the upper and rear thigh, you should be in that position for at least 30 seconds. You should switch legs and repeat the stretching exercise thrice for each leg.
- Towel hamstring stretch: If you like stretching while lying down, this stretch is an ideal option for you. For performing a towel hamstring stretch, you have to lie down on the floor and keep one leg flat. Tighten your abdominal muscles while you lift the other leg and keep it straight. You should wrap a belt around the elevated leg’s instep and use it for pulling back the leg towards you. Hold the position for around 30 seconds when you feel a stretch.
- Wall hamstring stretch: This stretch is for people who find the towel hamstring stretch hard to execute. For such people, extra stability can be attained by taking help of a solid surface such as a door jamb or a wall. You can rest the raised leg against the wall for support. You need to lie on the floor near a wall corner and leave one leg straight while placing the other against the wall. Your hips should be on the floor.
While you do stretches of any kind, you should only stretch as far as you are comfortable. You must not stretch to a point which causes pain. These hamstring stretches are quite safe, but you should avoid them in case of any sudden, acute pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am having problem in my spinal cord disc L4 -L5. With some loss of fluid. Now my knee joint also getting pain. What you wil suggest.
I am Dr. Malvika Sabharwal from jeevan mala hospital and apolo spectral hospital in Karol Bagh, New Delhi India.
I am gonna tell you about uterus removal. Uterus removal is a very common operation. Bht commonly isko kara jata hai k patient ata hai apko bolta hai k ji hamary ko flah flah flah problem hai or ap hamara uterus nikal dijiye. Sb sy phly to main apko btaungi kya indications hain. Chahye wo fibroid k hn, ya bleeding zyada ho rai ho. Koi fibroid nai hai per bleeding bht zyada ho rai hai ya koi changes a rhy hain. Jaisa k agr mouth of the uterus main agr koi peps pal krty hain routinely jo k karna chahye, her ek marez k liye. Ap regular apasnaol kar ry hain us main koi changes any lag jaty hain ya aisi koi bhi problem ho to patient ata hai or wo bara clear mind sy kehta hai k ji mje uterus remove krwana hai. Kbhi kbhi wo refered cases hoty hain. Ya marez ko kahein kaha jata hai or hamary pas aty hain. Q k hamary pas jo uterus removal ka tareka hai wo hai durbeen sy or ek pait khol k. pait khol kr jo karty hain, ek bara 8 centimeter, 8 inches k kareeb ek insection hota hai pait k upper or us k through hm uterus ko, us ko pakar k baher nikal k us ki puri surgery kr k as pas disconnect kr k us ko nikal dety hain. Or abdomen ko stitch kr dety hain. Laparoscopic surgery jb sy hm ny shuru kari hai. Year was 92. I think ye sb sy bara bone hai. Doctor k lye bhi, patient k lye bhi. Ek to patient friendly surgery hai. Or doctor k liye offcourse, doctor ko sekhny main thora samain zaror lgta hai,but once you have commanded the technique of Laparoscopic surgery, it is the best. It is the best for the patient and for you it’s a very affective way of taking out the uterus without any problems. Ap us ko Laparoscopicly nikalty ho or Laparoscopicly jb nikalty ho 1 din ka stay rehta hai hospital main. 1 din main mareez back to normal work hota hai. Wo ghr ja kr k, serhioyon sy charhta hai. Serhiyon par jaye, upper rahy, ghar k khanay bnaye, baheer ghumny jaye, hr roz piture dekhy, us py koi issue nai hai. Bht minimal unko btaya jata hai do’s and don’t’s. unka upper charhny main koi problem nai ati. Sirf halki phulki jo problem, sirf 2 chezain ki hm log btaty hain which Is hardly any issue. So patient is back to normal routine. Ap apny ffice dubara ja skty hain itni jaldi. Loss of working days is very less. To loss of working days jaisy e kam oty hain, aj kal apko pta hi hai, mostly ladies are working, most of the women are working today. Chahy wo ghr py, ghr ka bhi kam itna hota hai. Bachon k aj kal kitny kam hoty hain, us k ilawa office girls bht hoti hain. Jo k office ko bhi sambhalti hain or ghr ko bhi sambalti hain. Let me tell you hamary bht patients hain un ko kbhi ye problem nai I k hum uterus nikalny k bad hm ghr ka kam nai kar paye. Ya office ka kam nai kar paye. Hamary pas doctors aty hain. Dur dur sy aty hain, in fact patients are coming from dubai, London, America, Canada all over. Wo aty hain apna operation krwaty hain or 2 din k bad they are ready to go home. Because this surgery has really picked up so much k jb o dekhty hain k kitny aram sy ye kam ota hai to unko aisa koi hesitancy nai lagti. Un k roz mara ki zindagi main koi change nai ata. Unko minimalistic thory sy do’s and don’ts hoty hain which is hardly anything. And aam tor per jb hum uterus nikalty hain, jaisa k main apko dekhati hn. This is one uterus. Two tubes and two ovaries. Aj agr main uterus nikal rai hn, lady ka age hai 45, I will tell her definetly ovary tubes to ap nikal hi lijye. Ovaries jo hain, wo apko hormones deti hain. Hormones ek lady ko femerity bna k rakhti hai. Femariti sy ye bhi matlab hai, tubes ka koi aisa role nai hai per ovaries apko hormones dy k, hormones k karan apka skin, hair, heart, sb k upper us ka zor hai. So ovaries ko hum bina puchy bilkul nai nikalty. Us k lye permission lety hain tabhi nikali jati hai. Per agr uterus nikal ry hain to aam tor per hum tubes ko bhi nikal dety hain.
Thank you very much.