Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. N AnushaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am rohit 25 years old male. I have -1 sph for left and right both eyes. I want fill railway examination form their are asking for 6/6 vision without glass fog test for distance. Is their I fulfill this requirement or not?
I have a milia (white bump) problem below my eye's. No pain problem in it. But these are increase day by day. This milia problem is started when I am kid. Please, Give me a solution for the treatment. What I am do for removing except lesser treatment. Any suggestion for taking medicine and cream. And what medicine and cream I take for controlling ? Please reply me as possible. Thanks.
Dear doctor, whenever I eat citrus fruit and garlic I get itching on my eye with tears and I sneeze many times. Why it is happening, pls help.
My eyes is always having problem, like reddish and water in eyes, and mostly that time when I ride a bike, so what I do.
Can you please tell me about LASIK surgery. Is it beneficial for me because my eyesight is very poor.
I lost my right eye vision one month back during accident eye is in correct alignment except no vision neuro surgen is of opinion I may recover in six month please give your opinion.
I am having so much of weakness for my eyes as from last five years I am wearing specs. I want your tips to get rid of this problem of mine?
I am 25 yrs old male. I used to work for around 10-12 hrs on computer. It has adverse impact on eyes. Usually It feel pain in my eyes daily, has already consult doctors but the medicine they gave it dint work for me. Please suggest.
I an 24 year male and suffering from R. P eyes what can I do for long time vision, what type of diet can I take for long time vision?
Hi sir good evening my skin is oily and black skin I want to turn my skin white and glow please advice medicine and creams please help me sir. Send me yours what's up number send my pics sir please advice me Thank you sir.
My eyes sight is very weak from 4 years. My right eye and left eye number is -3. I am unable to see anything from distance. Without spectacles I am just blind. Kindly give me some solution.
The spots which occur in the vision are known as eye floaters. One might feel specks of gray and black or cobwebs and strings drifting in the eyes and the same darts away on staring at them directly. The most common cause of eye floaters is age related. This happens when the vitreous & the jelly like substance of the eye becomes very liquid. The fibers within the vitreous clump to form small shadows on the retina. This gives it an appearance of floaters.
Symptoms of eye floaters Include:
- Spots in the vision which appear as knobby or dark specs and strings that are transparent float in the eye
- Spots which move when the eyes are moved and when one tries to look at them these spots quickly move away from the field of vision
- Spots that are noticed most when looking at plain backgrounds like a white wall or blue sky
- Spots which settle and drift put slowly from the vision
Causes of eye floaters are:
- Age-related: The most common cause of eye floaters is the age related changes in the vitreous. Vitreous is a jelly like substance which fills the eyeballs and help it to maintain the round shape. With age the vitreous liquefies partially and this causes it to be pulled away from the interior surface of the eyeball. As the vitreous sags and shrinks, it becomes stringy and clumpy. When the vitreous gets clumpy then small debris block the light which passes through the eye and casts shadows on the retina.
- Inflammation at the back of the eye: The inflammation of the layers of the uvea in the back region of the eye is called posterior uveitis. This can give rise to eye floaters. Posterior uveitis is usually caused by inflammatory disease or infections.
- Bleeding in the eye: Bleeding of the eye in the vitreous can have any cause associated with it. Some might be an injury or the problems of the blood vessel.
- Torn retina: Tearing of the retina occurs when the sagging vitreous applies a pressure on the retina and ends up tearing it. If treatment not given then the retinal tear might lead to the detachment of the retina and accumulation of fluid behind the retina. This causes the retina to separate from the eye. If not treated it might also lead to permanent vision loss.
Treatment of Eye Floaters:
- Eye floaters are very frustrating and might take time to adjust to them. However, with time one might start ignoring them and noticing them less.
- Eye floaters which lead to impaired vision might need laser to disrupt the floaters or surgery to remove the vitreous.