Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N. AnandYour feedback matters!
M going to in depression bcoz of my hair fall problem pls tell how can I resist from this disease pls tell me pills or tablets for quick relief.
Looking over your shoulder while driving is a healthy habit. But looking over your shoulder to check for dandruff could be quite embarrassing, especially for women.
Dandruff is a common scalp condition that is usually chronic but not contagious (unless caused by infection). Formation of dry, white flakes of dead skin on hair and scalp is dandruff. It may also be accompanied by itching and burning sensation.
Those with oily skin are more prone to this problem because it is often a mild form of seborrheic dermatitis.
Dandruff is caused by:
- cold, dry weather
- infrequent shampooing
- overgrowth of yeast-like fungus (malassezia)
- sensitivity to hair products
- conditions like eczema and psoriasis
- hormonal changes
- a diet lacking in zinc and b vitamins
Try these home remedies to get rid of dandruff:
Home remedy 1
- take a handful of neem leaves.
- boil them in 4 cups of water.
- cool and strain this solution.
- rinse your hair with this decoction 2-3 times a week.
Home remedy 2
- take some coconut oil.
- add half the amount of lemon juice in it.
- mix them thoroughly.
- apply this mixture to the roots of your hair and massage for a few minutes.
- leave on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
Home remedy 3
- take 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- add an equal amount of water.
- add 15-20 drops of tea tree oil.
- mix the ingredients well.
- massage your scalp with the mixture.
- rinse after a few minutes.
- follow this remedy 2-3 times a week.
Now you can confidently say" look, no dandruff anymore"