Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Mythili.S.RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
Not feeling well, stomach ache, Nausea,throat pain, headache, body pain since yesterday. I had sex day before yesterday but not so properly as in did not let the guy insert in but he rubbed it over my lower body so I am a bit tensed about it.
What to expect from a c section? What things to be kept in mind during and after c section for proper healing of incision?
My friend have disease" polycystic ovarian syndrome" I want to know about this disease. And what are the symptoms of this disease? What problem may face from this disease? And is proper treatment is available to vanish this?
My wife and I used to be unable to have intercourse for almost 3 years. Whenever we tried, she would feel pain and her muscles would contract, preventing me from penetration. However, since the last two months, we tried with lox 2% gel and her pain reduced. Subsequently, we are able to have intercourse without any lubricant now, although it takes a really long time for her to open up completely. The problem now is that, she does not feel any pleasure whatsoever, even when I am completely inside of her. What could possibly be the problem here?
I have a both anal and oral sex with a gay men and I tested for chlamydia in mouth (oral) and it came negative and if I tested negative from oral test should I have any chlamydia in butt (ass)
Hi i am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 5 days. I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen at various point of the cycle. Will I wait for my periods to come or will I again take tab deviry? Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe?
Hello doctor can you tell me please if I do Sex with girl without condom its safe or not? if she already married? answer plSs.
Hello doctor. I am 24 years old. Its been six months that I am married. I am not planning for pregnancy now. Please suggest best medication to prevent pregnancy.
I am 31 yrs old unmarried female I want 2 knw how to maintain a balance of hormones naturally without medicines. Is a 2 day period normal or is a matter of concern. Also advice hw often shld visit doctor for routine chk up.
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Is wife pregnant or not. We have taken home pregnancy test but second line appering lightly . Please advise
I delivered my baby on Thursday 7th April, my nipples got sore feeding the baby. Can you please suggest any remedy.
My wife tested prega news after seven days of her period date and it was positive and all the feelings she experienced during these days were also related to pregnancy but today after 9 days her periods started. I am confused what is happening and what should we do now. Please help us.
I am 75 years plus, was diagnosed with diabetes about 7 years ago and am on metformin 500 bd, galvus 50 bd, telma 80 od, atorva 10 od and atenolol 50 od. The diabetic parameters are within permissible limits ,tested six monthly. Doctor says since the above medicines appear to be controlling the disease, continue for life. Is this safe and right or is any periodic regulation required.
Ageing is always traumatic. One gets weaker, develops wrinkles and falls prey to degenerative changes and diseases. But cosmetic science has one or two useful tricks up its arm to make one's face look young and full, even when age is playing catch up-like cheek implants.
These are also ideal for thin-faced people looking to acquire a rounded facial profile.
Other Cosmetic Options For a Fuller Face:
We all know that there is a loss of fat, especially from the cheek area due to ageing. This leads to a flattening and hollowing out of this part with wrinkle folds also becoming very prominent.
Fat grafting where fat from the same patient is grafted under the skin in cheek area to give one a fuller looking face, injectable fillers and facelift, a surgery in which excess skin is cut off, tightening the face and rejuvenating it, are some of the options available.
However, fat grafting can distort facial features, fillers are temporary and face lift is a big surgery. Hence synthetic cheek implants using silicone are becoming very popular these days.
More About Cheek Implants:
Cheek implants vary widely not only in shape and style but also in the material with which they are made. Solid implants made of silicone and polyethene, like the ones which were used in breast augmentation, are quite popular today.
Cheek implant surgery usually takes about 30 to 45 minutes. A cut is made either inside the upper lip or through the lower eyelid. A pocket is formed here and the implant is inserted. This is held by muscles, stitches or natural screws.
The inside of the mouth is then stitched up.
The incidence of things going wrong are less but the downside of this procedure is that one may have to get cheek implants again and again based on one’s rate of ageing. Silicone is also not a completely safe material. One may also develop infections which require implant removal. Implant migration can also happen and will require a removal. Bone resorption (bone loss) has also been reported below solid facial implants.
Some cosmetic surgeons also opine that fat grafting gives a more natural-looking fullness to the cheek area than synthetic implants.
We advise that one tries out non-surgical options like injectible fillers first before going for cheek implants and consult a reputable surgeon.
Another thing to keep in mind is that one may have to go for cosmetic removal of under-eye hollows, jowls and nasolabial folds around the nose, along with silicone cheek implants. These 3 areas become more pronounced with age and it’s very important to focus on them first before getting implants. If this is not done, the face can take on a very artificial look.
With the onset of monsoon temperature drops and the air is often cool, but it is also an ideal time for breeding of mosquitoes. A mosquito bite is universally abhorred. A sting that turns into dengue is even more disliked. Dengue is a mosquito borne disease that causes high fever, rashes and pain in joints and muscles. Since there is no vaccine that can completely eradicate dengue, it becomes important to take preventive measures to reduce mosquitoes and keep the disease at bay.
Here are a few tips that can reduce your risk of being bitten by mosquitoes:
- Do not allow water to accumulate: Mosquitoes breed in standing water. To prevent this do not allow rainwater to collect in pots or stagnate in your garden. Ensure that your water tanks are kept covered always. Keep buckets turned over when not in use. Coolers are generally ineffective in the monsoons so empty them out and keep the trays dry. It is also a good idea to empty and dry swimming pools and ornamental fountains during the monsoons.
- Use mosquito repellent: Dengue mosquitoes typically bite a person during the day. Hence, make it a habit to put on a mosquito repellent along with your sunscreen every time you step out. Mosquito repellents should be used on all the exposed areas of your skin including your ears. Using a mosquito net around your bed at night is the best way to ensure safety against mosquitoes. You could also attach mosquito repellent patches on your infant's clothes.
- Do not allow mosquitoes indoors: Install mesh shutters on your doors and windows. This will allow air in, but will keep mosquitoes out. Take a close look at your doors and windows for holes through which mosquitoes could come in. Also look at their joints and edges to ensure that there are no gaps. Burning camphor and lavender or tea tree aromatics can also help keep mosquitoes away.
- Grow mosquito repelling plants: Citronella and tulsi are two plants that are well known for their mosquito repelling properties. Grow these plants near your window and the entrance of your house to naturally repel mosquitoes.
- Avoid outdoor activities at dawn and dusk: Sunrise and sunset are when mosquitoes are most active. Hence avoid being outdoors at this time. If you must be out, wear protective clothes that minimize the amount of skin exposed. Wearing light colours instead of dark colours can also help as mosquitoes are attracted to dark colours.