Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mythili.S.Raghavendra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mythili.S.RaghavendraYour feedback matters!
I am 6 months pregnant, my skin is white in nature but now its getting little dim. Will it be back to normal after my baby birth?
Dear Sir, my wife is suffering from hypothyroidism TSH range is 100+, kindly suggest home remedies. We married four years before. She lost 2 pregnancies. 1st after 3 months, 2nd was Ectopic pregnancy. Recently we have no baby. Kindly tell us role of hypothyroidism in infertility. Give some suggestions for pregnancy.
I have a 4 months child again I and my husband was together last night I'm fearing about my pregnancy again at this time I no need pregnant if I got what I have to do pls tell suggestions.
My sister is 36 months pregnant with baby in reverse position head upwards since 10 days noticed 2 days before and suffering cold and cough from 10 days. What to do further and if there is chance of baby turning?
Many surveys have proved that homeopathic medicines are extremely effective in treating all these cases of viral fever related to Dengue and Chikungunya, thereby help in restoring the health of the patient. Let us see one by one how homeopathy can help in the prevention and cure of both:
Dengue is a mosquito-borne infectious disease, which causes flu-like symptoms. The disease is caused by 4 different viruses and is spread by the Aedes species of mosquitos. Dengue affects your blood cells, which in turn results in a sudden drop in the platelet count. Ideally, the platelet count ranges from 1.5-4 lacs, but in people affected by dengue virus, the platelet count goes down to as low as 20,000-40,000. This condition can be fatal. The onset on dengue is through fever. Dengue is one of the diseases that is transmitted through parasites like mosquitoes. Often it tends to occur in most of the tropical countries.
Symptoms of dengue can vary from mild to severe-
- Joint and muscle ache
- Pain in the eyes
- An intense headache
- High fever and fatigue
- Nausea and vomiting
- Skin rashes
- Swollen lymph glands
- Bleeding from nose or gums
- Easy bruising
Dengue symptoms usually develop 4-7 days after the mosquito bite. So many times the person affected by the virus does not realize that he/she has already been infected. If the fever does not subside in 3-4 days, one should immediately consult a doctor and have himself diagnosed.
Prevention and Cure through Homeopathy:
The Homeopathic approach of prevention and cure include:
- It is an effective way through which immune-modulation of patients is done without having the risk of any side-effect.
- The choice of homeopathic drugs depends upon an individual’s response to infection and the severity of the virus.
- The symptoms of the patients affected are studied carefully to decide upon the curative as well as preventive homeopathic medicines.
Similar to dengue, the chikungunya virus is spread by an infected female mosquito- the Aedes genus mosquito. Mosquitoes become infected when they feed on any person affected with this virus. Unlike dengue, this viral disease is rarely fatal. However, the symptoms of chikungunya can be long-lasting, severe and debilitating.
The major symptoms of chikungunya include-
- High fever
- Joint pain that persists for long
- A severe headache
- Skin rashes due to damaged blood vessels
- A sore throat
- Enlarged lymph nodes
In 2006, Chikungunya affected approximately 40,000 people, out of which nearly 1316 cases turned out to be fatal.
Prevention and Cure through Homeopathy:
In Homeopathy, there is a concept known as “Genus Epidemicus”, which helps as preventive remedy in an epidemic like this. This concept involves:
- Clinical picture of a group of patients in a specific locality gets studied and hence the most appropriate remedy is selected as the Genus Epidemicus for Chikungunya.
- Genus Epidemicus helps in increasing person’s immunity to such a level that even after mosquito bites; it is unable to produce any active disease in the person’s body.
- Homeopathic medicines get prescribed as per the clinical presentation of the patient, which become very effective in giving relief from the complaints during Chikungunya.
- Homeopathy is effective in all kinds of viral diseases.
- The pills given are simply chewed on tongue and tastes sweet.
- These medicines do not cause any kind of gastric irritation.
Since there are no effective medications, vaccines or treatment options for Dengue and Chikungunya, the only way to steer clear of these diseases is to prevent their occurrence. Homoeopathy medicines and remedies are very effective in preventing and curing the mosquito-borne diseases, Dengue and Chikungunya. These medicines are prepared from natural substances, hence are extremely safe. Eupatorium perfoliatum is a perennial plant, the extracts of which are used in preparing homoeopathy drugs for dengue. This helps ease the pain in the joints and in the eyeballs. This wonder plant also helps you recover from a severe headache. Arsenic album, a solution made from diluted aqueous arsenic trioxide, can ease symptoms like nausea and vomiting. Belladonna can cure high fever; reduce skin rashes and swelling in the joints.
Apart from these, health awareness is mandatory for the prevention of these diseases. Clean surroundings, practising good hygiene play a major role in averting prevalence of mosquito-borne diseases. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
For a healthy, non-diabetic person, the blood glucose level should be between 70-100 mg/dl (fasting) and not more than 140 mg/dl (postprandial, checked 2 hours after a meal). However certain conditions (especially diabetic patients who are on oral medications or insulin) can result in the blood glucose level to fall abnormally low (well below 70 mg/dl), a condition medically known as Hypoglycemia.
A sudden dip in the blood glucose level can cause weakness, increased heartbeats, palpitations, dizziness, profuse sweating, headache, shakiness, confusions (a person loses the ability of proper thinking and reasoning). The skin may also turn pale. A person finds it difficult to sleep. In extreme and untreated cases, a person may lose consciousness and even slip into a coma. If you experience any of the mentioned symptoms, seek assistance immediately.
Risks associated with Hypoglycemia and how to manage it
Diabetic patients should be extra careful with their diets and medications. As already stated, untreated hypoglycemia, especially if the blood glucose level is below 40 mg/dl can cause a serious health scare. A more serious type of hypoglycemia is the one that a person experiences at night, often in their sleep, a condition termed as Nocturnal Hypoglycemia. Many people in their sleep are unable to react promptly, resulting in serious consequences.
Further, there may be
- Night sweats
- A person may get nightmares and wake up feeling tired and exhausted in spite of having their full quota of sleep
- Some people may also experience great difficulty in waking up
- Headaches are also common
For diabetic patients, the situation at times can prove to be life threatening. To avoid such situations:
- Doctors always advise night snacks (can be a cucumber, small apple slice, a small slice of bread with meat or cheese. Try and avoid a high carb or high-fat foods) especially for people with diabetes or those who take their dinner early.
- Consuming alcohol at night can also trigger Nocturnal Hypoglycemia and is best left avoided.
- To provide instant relief, the affected person should be made to eat something sweet such as glucose tablets or candy. If these are not available, you can also give the person some sugar (between 10-15 grams) to increase the glucose level in their body.
- It is important that you do not panic.
- As a safety measure, it is best to keep a glucometer at home and get your glucose level checked every alternate day (if not every day).
- One should also be careful about their diet. Do not keep your stomach empty for a long time. Munch on small snacks at regular intervals.
Hypoglycemia can be treated and managed if diagnosed at an early stage. Prolonged hypoglycemia (mainly in diabetic patients) can also result in cardiac problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!