Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MuthurajYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from depression and mental problem. I have also faced a problem of migraines how can I prevent this disease?
I am suffering from migraine problem from 4 years. Now its pain is unbearable. So please suggest me the medicine that I should take ?
My mom is suffering from stroke for 8 years and her left side entire body is affected. Due to stroke she will not be able to feel anything in that side. She is taking medications regularly. For last 1 week she is feeling bad pain in the left side of her body. What's the reason and to cure it?
My husband is having a migraine problem. In the high pain he takes zolmist spray. He takes the same almost once a day. Please advise is this the right medicine for the same.
I was diagnosed with hydrocephalus. Post operation and having a shunt added, I recovered. I drank alcohol, about a pint. And have been suffering with the uneasiness and lack of awareness, alertness, as it was before I got operated. Although the CT scan shows no damage, I want to get rid of this constant feeling of a hangover. Please help.
I am 27 year female I have migraine and frequent lower back pain also. I hv migraine since 2009 but backache since 2011. migraine is more frequent then backache. migraine triggers more due to sunlight or stress.
My mother is 65 years old. She is suffering from paralysis of right half from last 4 years. Although her right side is not totally paralyzed but she walks with the help of stick. She can't stay in a. C room even in extreme summers. In winters she use to feel teh right side very heavy. Her speech is fine. The only problem is with right side of body. Alopathic doctors use to give heavy medicines which she doesn't take regularly.
I am 33 years old male. Married since 2.5 years. I've been diagnosed with RR Multiple Sclerosis last year and have been on medication since then (Tecfidera 200 Mg). My wife and I are planning to have a baby. I've got mixed responses from various sources on the question if my offspring will inherit Ms. Some say, there's only a minute chance while others say theres a very good possibility. Would really appreciate it if any Neurologist who is well versed and an expert in Multiple Sclerosis, would give the right answer, so that we could make an informed decision on having a baby or not. I would not want my baby to suffer with Ms. like me, because there is no cure for it.
My Dad got a paralysis attack in year 2006 . He is fine now his blood pressure is normal . Can he still take medicine named met first xl 25 which is apparently medicine for high bp . Request your advice please.
I am 25 years old male. I am having pain in my left part of the head. And this pain is at a specific position. Kindly suggest the possible problem.
My friend is 21 years old female with a 2 years old child. Recently she is diagnosed with astrocytoma grade tumor in her spinal cord. Her left leg has become numb, almost paralyzed. Please suggest the best treatment for her.
I have a pain in Right side Testicle and sometimes getting Numbness in my right side leg. What should i do?
I suffer from severe head ache when I think lot or depressed due to some reasons that time I feel very much heaviness in mind. That time my nerves are shaking/blinking. I want to come out of that pl suggest me something.
Mere hath per me bhot kampan Hoti h sote time or dard bhi hote h kabhi kabhi me under weigh bhi hu 36 kg .5.4 height. Sote time hi kampan Hoti h.Chok bhi jati hu tab ghabrahat Hoti h.
I am suffering from loose motion and headache from 9 months, something running inside my body and vibrating also. I have low BP always and have pimples on my face.
In normal action , nerve impulses travel through neurons with myelin sheath but what happens in reflex action where spinal cord is involved which has unmyelinated neurons ?
SSHL is not like any other normal hear-loss trouble. Rather it is quite a severe condition. Sudden deafness can occur at any time due to several reasons. This trouble does not affect both the ears rather only one specific ear is usually affected, and thus this is one of the prominent signs that can help the doctors to understand that SSHL has occurred.
What are the leading causes of this hearing loss?
- Head injury: If you have faced any severe kind of head injury ever, then it might bring SSHL. This is why you are suggested to get necessary treatment on time so that this kind of hearing loss can be avoided.
- Loud-noise exposure: If your ears are exposed to louder noises or sounds in a consistent manner, then there is a greater possibility of the occurrence of this hearing loss. Thus, you should stay away from unwanted noises.
- Ageing: With the increase in age, hearing power slowly decreases. However, if you take proper precautions from the very beginning, then SSHL can be definitely avoided.
- Blood-circulation troubles: Interrupted blood-circulation creates different physical troubles out of which hearing loos is one of the most prominent one. And if timely treatment is not provided, then it might get converted into SSHL.
- Ototoxic medication: This kind of medication should not be continued for long without doctor's prescription otherwise SSHL might occur.
- Lyme disease: This is a kind of disease, which occurs due to tick bites and this is pretty infectious in nature. Apart from that, this disease is now considered as one of the main sources of SSHL.
How to evaluate this hearing loss?
- History analysis: The history of the patient needs to be known first otherwise SSHL cannot be perfectly treated. If the history shows that the patient already has an existing trouble of ear loss for which SSHL has been proven, then in accordance with the same the treatment can be prescribed.
- Laboratory and imaging: Laboratory analysis is one of the main methods for evaluating SSHL and necessary images of the ears boost the potentiality and importance of this kind of analysis to a great extent.
- Quick evaluation: This kind of medical evaluation is mainly made on the basis of the symptoms. The doctors often follow the signs thoroughly in order to determine as to whether the patients have SSHL or not. This evaluation is highly supported by different medical tests that are prescribed by the doctor.