Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. MuthiahYour feedback matters!
I had a viral fever during check up my bp was 150/90. I did not have any bp problem in the past and neither take alcohol or smoke. I surprised why my bp was high.
Hello doctor, I have a question regarding the doubt regarding my blood pressure. When I don't eat on time I feel so uneasy and it feels as if I am gonna faint. What is this. What are the checking that I have to go through.
I am 31 years old and have tendency for high bp 136/101. please suggest any remedy. I am male guy with this tendency.
I am having a big diprition of my dad heart problem how can I avoid the second heart attack of my dad. Please help me.
My mother is suffering from headache and low blood pressure from several years. She had taken many medicines but it doesn't work. What should she do?
Iam 50 yr old male with high trigleceride count of 533. No chronic diseases, not on medicines. Grade 2 prostrate enlargement and mild fatty liver. Glyco hba1c is at 5.8. So they are saying pre diabetic. Dont smoke - occasional light drinking is there any medicine in ayurveda for me? thankyou.
What precautions should be taken in diabetes, How to concentrate my mind, How to prevent ourselves from the heart attack.
Hello My son is 19 years old n during exams he gets blackout strokes. What could be the possible reason? What should I do?
I am 65 years male residing in pune, india. I have athresclerosis of coronary and carotid arteries. Have undergone two ptca procedures for lad and om2 and one for right carotid. Besides I have an icd implanted following two with episodes. I am also diabetic. Values are under control with medicines. Ghb around 7. Fasting below 120 and pp below 160. Lipid profile is also ok except for hdl which is around 32. But it has been low for last many years. Problem seems to be hereditary. Are there any ayurvedic medicines for these ailments?
I am suffering from high blood pressure. Near 110/170. Kindly suggest good treatment for this condition.
I am 29 male. I have hypothyroid and cholesterol. What are natural ways to get ride of this and how to meditate for stress relieve.
Blood pressure are always high at about 140 and 90 and I eat medicine olmax 40 but after eating this medicine my bp become low 110 and 70 wh At to do.
I am 58year old diabetic and hypertension patient. My problem that I have interest in intercourse but my penis is not getting corrected. Please guide me what I must do for that.
Doctor, I am suffering from anxiety problem and chest pain, I am 44 years old F, my body is trembling. What to do ?
He was suffering from high bp and sugar from last three days please suggest a good medicine suitable for both problems.
Feeling pain in heart and irregular heart beat sometimes and stomach pain I think its a side effect of dexona tablet. I used it 2 months regular each tablet per day. Can I protect it with liver tonic?
I am 48 years female, post menopause, after ageneral check up, serum test - ( total cholesterol - 185, triglycerides - 193), whether I need to take medicines
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.