Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Murugusundram SYour feedback matters!
Dr's im taking a treatment of acne, hairs frm dermatologist since 1 month privately was taking homoeopathy treatment. I juss want to ask tat can I take alfalfa abcd (home) syrup along after taking allopathy medicine after 4 hrs. Is there any prblm in taking alfalfa koi prblm toh ni hogi?
I got my face color black after using an ointment namely SKINSHINE please send me how can make my face attractive with glow.
By birth! I don't what's happening with my skin! My skin has two colours! One is light skinny colour and other one is skinny colour! I had not consulted a doctor til now! What should I do?
My 1 years old child have eczema from more than a months, but it reappears on some places and very itchy as of now. The treatment is going on from one month.
I have very dry skin and I am 14 I have very less hairs on my hand while all my other friends have much what should I do for this dry skin.
Mere face p khata khane s machar katne wale nishan khujli or dane dane ho re please give some advice esa kyun ho rha hai?
I have pimples problem small pimple are growing on my face and their marks are remains on my face please solve my problem.
I am selected for Indian Army but was declared unfit for having multiple stretch marks on my lower back. Is there any treatment or cream that can lighten them. I have 30 days to report back again.
I am having dark circles underneath my eyes since years. I regularly wear specs. My eyes seem to be embedded deep inside. Without specs I can't step out just be coz of sunken eyes. Please help with a solution that really works coz I hv tried everything.
Can late night studies cause pimples? Reasons causing pimples and homemade remedies to cure pimples and marks plzzzzzz.
Sir I am 25 years old. In my face due to pimples on the nose and faces digs are created. What is the solution for that have already used all cream but no one fill the gap.
Well couple of months ago I met a bike accident but I got black scar on my hand till now. I tried everything to remove the scar from my hand but still there. What to do?
I am using than & kusuma oil mixture for hair removal from last two weeks. But it is not working. Could you tell me the proper procedure to use it?
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh.