Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Murugesan
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. MurugesanYour feedback matters!
I had heart palpitations it almost goes upto 120. So I have done 2 d echo. It was normal four years ago. Now heart palpitations are not here but only my focus is on heart and I have anxiety too. I am taking medication but still my focus is still there .what I will do?
Hello.my mother has slight pain in her heels. .and some of the doctors said that this can be a reason for clotting. .which may lead to heart problems. Is there any real serious issues related to this? As she frequently suffers from this pain, or there might be some other reasons. Please reply as soon as possible. Thankyou.
I am a hypertension and hyperglycemia patient for last 12 years. Taking telmisartan amlodipine twice a day and for sugar glimepiride 2 mg metformin 500 mg twice a day. Sometimes it happens that I take glipizide 5 mg metformin 500 mg when others finished. Now I want to kmow whether it will have any adverse effect.
I am 26 years old. I have 130/80 around b.p. I had uti and I was treated. But occasionally I am having problem while urination, though there is no burning sensation or any pain. Sometimes I feel slight obstruction while peeing for just 30 sec to 1 min. I have uric acid 7.5. I get my creatinine test done which shows 1.12 in blood serum. There is a faint trace of albumin in my urine though the exact range is not provided in re urine test. My cs urine test states no pathogenic organism now. So why I am having a slight obstruction while peeing? Please help me doctor.
I am 61 yes old having pain in my left knee only I have high BP and taking Telsar H tablet one daily Doctor suggested me cycling Will cycling help me in BP issue also and can it be good for sugar issue also.
Can I safely stop atorvastatin 20 mg OD (which I have taken for 12 years after ANGIOPLASTY (along with clopidogrel 75 A and telmisartan 40 mg OD)) because my BP. As well as cholesterol have for years remained normal. Last 2 months I feel pain (+ numbness) in different parts of body which goes off but comes back.
My wife aged 59 years who is suffering from Diabetes and Blood pressure which remains under control due to meditation, is suffering, is having sever insomnia, take one Ativan 1 mg at 11 pm but have sleep only at 3.00 am which is not sound but disturbed sleep. Please advise how to remove the problem without having any side effects and hangover of medicine so that proper timely sleep can be taken. Thanks Sir.
The heart muscle is the central pumping machine that ensures that blood flow throughout the body is maintained and all other organs have a regular supply. One of the conditions that can cause this organ to malfunction is cardiomyopathy, wherein the heart is unable to pump the blood to all parts of the body. This condition can even lead to heart failure and is something that needs to be addressed and diagnosed quickly.
Symptoms of Cardiomyopathy
Early stages of cardiomyopathy may be difficult to detect externally, although it may be slowly reducing your heart’s capacity. Symptoms that start showing in later stages may include:
- Constant fatigue, even without physical activity
- Fluid may build up and thus cause bloating within the body
- Persistent coughing while lying down
- You may have irregular heartbeats that may sometimes be quite rapid
- Due to the lack of blood supply, you may feel lightheaded, dizzy and might even cause you to faint
- Even the slightest of exertions will cause breathlessness and exhaustion and you may even feel this symptom while at rest
- Intermittent chest pain
Causes of Cardiomyopathy
Causes of this condition may vary from patient to patient, although certain common factors include:
- Genetic reasons where one or both parents are susceptible to this condition
- Metabolic problems such as obesity, diabetes or thyroid problems
- Substance abuse such as anabolic steroids, amphetamines cocaine or even the consumption of excessive alcohol
- High blood pressure for prolonged periods
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Side effects of drug treatments such as the use of certain chemicals in chemotherapy
Types of Cardiomyopathy
Cardiomyopathy has multiple types; depending on what causes them and also certain specific symptoms. These are:
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy
- Dilated cardiomyopathy
- Arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Unclassified cardiomyopathies
Treatment for cardiomyopathy
The treatment of these various forms of cardiomyopathy will vary depending on the type and also the stage and condition of the heart. Some of these treatments include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Surgeries such as Septal myectomy, Septal ablation and Radiofrequency ablation
- Implantable devices such as Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator or ICD
- Ventricular assist devices
- Heart transplant in the worst case scenarios. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.