Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. MurugapandiyanYour feedback matters!
Im suffering from migraine since from 6-7 years. No recovery from it till now. Im taking treatment til now.
I recently read that researchers believe certain foods might cure Alzheimer’s disease. Is this true? If so, which foods do this and how much would you have to consume to get the benefits?
I have a migraine problem in right brain. Please tell me ayurvedic remedies. I am not sure that it's a migraine problem. May be it some type of symptom also of that. It pained at noon time. It is from 4 years.
It has been proven that older adults who burn calories in moderate physical activities like jogging swimming gardening and dancing are likely to have lower risk of developing Alzheimer's disease
Exercise-associated calorie burn can increase the level of grey matter volume in key brain areas which are responsible for memory enabling the active adults to protect their brain from cognitive decline
How the speech , memories, IQ level & concentrations of 26 years old autistic can be increased ? My son 26 yrs. old is having Autism. I am not giving him any medicines. Which supplements are required to be given for improving his speech & memory.
My son is 11 years old & i'm suffering from heavy mental retardation. He is also suffering from epilepsy problem for which he is taking 5 types of anti epilepsy tablets. Bu not fully controlled. Regularly when he started to sleep, he gets fits attack then another two the fits in an our then fits stops. Is there any drug or diet therapy for him?
Dementia is a disorder characterized by a decline in mental capabilities in a person. It is primarily caused by Alzheimer's disease but can also be caused by damage to the brain from an injury or a stroke. The cells of the brain fail to communicate with each other in dementia. People suffering from dementia have difficulties in taking part in regular activities as their mental functioning is impaired.
The major symptoms of dementia are problems in recalling, ineffective communication, inability to concentrate and impaired reasoning abilities. It may also affect the short-term memory of a person when he/she may be unable to keep track of his/her belongings. Dementia can be progressive where the symptoms gradually increase with age.
Some early symptoms of dementia are-
1. Mood changes - Excessive mood swings along with changes in personality are very common symptoms of dementia. For instance- a reserved person suddenly becoming very outgoing is a commonly observed change in cases of dementia.
2. Problems in completing routine tasks - If a person suddenly starts to face problems in doing routine work such as maintaining simple accounts and paying bills then it can early signs of dementia.
3. Confusion - When a person starts to get confused in remembering small details and recognizing faces, it could point towards dementia.
4. Repetition - Dementia causes people to repeat words they have just said as the short term memory gets impaired. It also causes people to repeat small tasks a multiple number of times.
5. Losing interest - A person may start to lose interest in regular activities and avoid them altogether. They may appear devoid of emotions and not engage socially.
6. Communication - People fail to communicate effectively as they may be unable to express their thoughts clearly. They may also fail to understand when others communicate with them.
7. Impaired sense of direction - A person may fail to recognize places and wander around. He/she will face problems in going to places or in remembering places.