Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. MurugapandiyanYour feedback matters!
I am 27years old female and I am suffering from epilepsy for 14years and for this I am taking medicine to cure it but for taking this medicines I gain weight and hair fall also. Most of the time I feel frustrated and disturbed. What should I do please help me to cure epilepsy permanently and how to maintain my weight?
My mother have suffered from neurofibromatosis type 2. And also schwannomas in brain. Already she underwent surgery for tumours. Now recent mri reports shows cranial nerve schwannoma in her brain. Doctors prefer gamma knife. Now the problem is how longer it will continue. She was very worry about her health condition. Please tell what is her condition. Any new treatment for these disease to stop growing tumours. Please help me.
I got cold. What to do now? It is from past seven days. I was shivering and I also took medicine. Please advice me.
Hello Doctors, I am a migraine patient and often I had severe migraine attacks too. But after practicing yoga my intensity to migraine attacks has reduced. But now a days again I am suffering form headache after every 2 days although the intensity is not that severe. I am having pain in my neck and ears as well with lots of yawning and dullness and tiredness in my eyes. Please suggest.
I want to know how a person can be treated who is afflicted with Alzheimer's disease? What is Alzheimer's disease?
My aunt has insomnia and anxiety. She doesn't feel good at home, She is 42 years old house wife. Can you please suggest me some remedy,
what medicine should I remove that problem. How much amount to remove this disease sleep paralysis. Give me the better detail sir its request in future is it problem problem or not it may cause death. Or not.
I am 36 years old mother of 2 kids and I am suffering from multiple sclerosis from past 3 years. I am taking ayurvedic treatment I never got a single relapse but my hair started falling very badly. what to do?
I am 42 years old, had asd closure in 2010, presently suffering from backache, neck pain, migraine, joint pain, numbness. What should i do?
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I am 40 years old and a recently done brain mri for migraine accidently detected enlarge pituitary gland of 13mm. Will it retract back to normal with oral medicines or surgical intervention is must.
What is real medicine for seizure. I am taken ox maxetol medicine. I want 2 b allri8 forever. Wt can I do pls give me solution .how can I do my other treatment 2 b allright forever.
Seizure is a sudden change in behavior that is the consequence of brain dysfunction.
Approximately 0.5–1% of population has epilepsy.
ome seizures are provoked i.e. that occur in the metabolic derangement, drug or alcohol withdrawal and in situations like acute paralysis or acute encephalitis. Such patients are not considered to have epilepsy because these seizures would not recur in the absence of the provocation.
Less than 50% of epilepsy cases will have an identifiable cause such as head trauma, brain tumor, paralysis, infection, brain malformation etc.
Having one seizure does not always mean that the patient would always get a seizure.
One episode of seizure may not require treatment.
Hospitalization is required in the first seizure only if it is associated with prolonged post seizure altered level of consciousness.
Patients with unprovoked seizure may not be allowed to drive for some time.
In children, seizure can occur with high grade fever.
In adults, the first episode of seizure may be due to worms in the brain. In such a situation, it may be necessary to do an MRI test.
A patient with seizure can get married, live a normal life and produce children.
It is a misnomer that during a fit you need to make the person smell a shoe.
During epilepsy, never put the fingers inside the mouth of the patient as you could be bitten. Use a spoon instead to prevent tongue bite.
A patient with epilepsy fall will have stiffness in the body; on the contrary, patient with cardiac loss of consciousness will fall loose.
A seizure that lasts for more than 5–10 minutes requires specialized attention.