Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Murugan
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MuruganYour feedback matters!
Good evening! I am having headache from about 10 days and I am not feeling well. The headache instead of reducing. Is increasing day by day. Should I consult an eye specialist or any medicine would be enough?
I am suffering from headache from last two days. Specially when I start reading books it started paining in my eyes. Is it serious or it will okay within sometime.
Hello Sir I want to ask a question. My question is this: My eye is getting deteriorated year by year. 6 years back I was -1.5 on left and -1.0 on right. After every successive years I was getting -1.0 increment. Now I have -5.0 and -4.5. Please help me to solve this problem. And one more thing I have severe headache when sitted for long time on computer or mobile. Kindly suggest me.
I have eyes irritating problem from last 60 years. I have to use homeopathic medicine for cureness from this. So what I will do now please helo me.
Is LASIK surgery is a safe option for myopia? If there is a risk after surgery please mention its drawbacks.
I am a student of 11th medical. I'm very tired through out the day. My eyes become red and become swelled. Also not able to sleep properly. Sometimes I sleep very much. Can you suggest me what can be done.
Sir, I have black color at bottom of my eyes. I have like that from past 3 years. For that problem what should I do?
During summer you try to take special care about the overall health of your body, particularly, your eyes. Eyes are one of the most important organs of the body, and the scorching summer heat can cause serious eye problems like conjunctivitis, infections, red eye, migraines etc., which is why it's important to take proper care of eyes during the summer season.
Here are some tips to keep your eyes cool and protected during the summer:
- Wearing sunglasses is very important when you are outdoors as it protects your eyes from the harmful UVA and UVB light. This will help in avoiding migraines and even serious conditions like cataract.
- Avoid midday sunshine. Stay indoors as much as possible during the middle of the day to avoid the sunshine then when the effect of the sun and ultraviolet radiation exposure are at their peak.
- When you plan to go for a swim, make sure you wear your swimming goggles. Otherwise you might catch conjunctivitis.
- You should not splash water into the eyes directly unless any foreign particles such as dust enter your eyes. This might damage the tear film of the eye, which protects your eyes.
- You need to maintain proper hygiene by washing your hands and face properly as soon as you reach home so that dust or grime does not enter the eyes as their entry can result in allergies and infections.
- You can keep a slice of cucumber on each of your eyes to relax and cool them down.
- 6 to 8 hours of sleep are a must as they help in revitalizing your eyes.
- Adding green vegetables, carrots, nuts, liver and fruits to your diet would be very beneficial for the health of your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.