Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Murugan Dr P SYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old, I always feel very weak some time suddenly, like when I stand up after sitting for a while, my eyes get blanked and I see nothing for some moment. What should I do?
I got my eye operated for cataract on 25th may 2017. But after 1 week my eye started blinking internally just like a flickering light. Please suggest me a solution.
My eyes keep on paining and water comes out of them constantly I have tried using pyrimon eye drops as my father said to use them as he used it when he had a problem problem but the problem still persists so what should I do.
I feel pain in my eyes. I always have to apply hair, if do shampoo on my hair again I have the pain. It's difficult while blinking the eyes. Pain on head also.
I am 61 year old man, the place where I was working had a big hospital and all Doctors the doctor for eyes after checking, putting drops in the eyes etc prescribed glasses, but that didn't work I and some of my colleagues found it very difficult, at times used to bang in to each other, so I stopped using those glasses and used ready made glasses which the shopkeeper gave after checking my eyesight with a computer-that worked Fine and still is, only reading of +3, think I need new glasses, what is your advice Doctor? Your earlier suggestion of putting Aquaray Gel, for itching in the eyes was very helpful-Perfect. Regards.
I have headache and I have lite pain in my eye over three days and my right eye sight is also low. What should I do?
Hi I have eye site since 2014 I want to cure it without using the spectacles. So what I should do to cure it quickly. Please give a suggestion about it.
I have had cataract surgery about 4 years ago and my lens replacement were the tonic Lens, I am very happy with them. I have had several times this past month had a repeat of halo lights around my left eye that flashes. No head aches, and no vision problems, just the flasing halo. I noticed both times that if I ate a little something, they would go away with in 5-10 minutes. My blood pressure is ok, as I checked it. I do have a vision appt this month. Somehow I feel a possible low blood sugar my be the problem. I am not diabetic...
I am 22 year old and has eye strain and weak bones problems. I am near sighted 1.0 ve and facing problems in stressful works as sitting in front of desktop and reading. Doctors are saying problems I saying problem is due to low level of hemoglobin and other nutrition. Kindly provide me some good supplements which benefits to eye and bone health.
have red eye since 4 days And having head ache as well Please suggest me as soon as possible to cure my disease.
My nephew is 4 months old and water is coming out from his eyes 3 to 4 times a day without any reason. In this case what should we do?
I had an auto rickshaw accident and I got hurt badly at my forehead but after two days of accident my pain has decreased but my right eye has swollen. What should I do?
Am having eye problem since some days it becomes red of all sudden and again goes off. I use contact lens regularly since last 10 years. Never had this earlier.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision related problems. It is easily disposable and requires the least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires the least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision - Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for an active lifestyle - Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses, on the other hand, are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses
1. Dry eyes - Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
2. Infections - Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea. Infection can be prevented by maintaining the hygiene while wearing and taking off lenses.
3. Allergic reactions - Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision.