Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MurthyYour feedback matters!
My wife had her mensuration cycle over in wednesday. On thursday afternoon we had sex n I accidentally inserted my sperms into her, she went n peed right away n told that very little blood came out. Late that night we again had sex n I again accidentally inserted my sperms into her. She again went n peed right away telling that the sperm was out. Early morning on sunday she took unwanted 72 empty stomach, (from the 65th hour of first sex ). Its been monday today n nothing has happened yet. Is there any possibility of her getting pregnant so doctor what to do right now I am really very tensed regarding her pregnancy. And can you suggest the name of any abortion medicine?
After those nine months, the long waiting period gets over and the most exciting transition from a mommy-to-be, to a mommy finally begins. But then, things are not always as smooth as we expect, especially if you undergo a C-section to deliver your baby. It is indeed an overwhelming experience to hold your little one in your arms but you need to understand that a C-section surgery is a major abdominal surgery and you need to take precautions to recover from the surgery. The recovery period for the C-section delivery is much higher than the recovery period for the normal delivery.
Let us look at some ways for speedy recovery from C-section delivery:
- Relax: Taking proper rest will give your body the energy to recover from the surgery that you had undergone. Healing of the scar takes time and your post-partum body requires rest. But, taking proper rest is not as easy as it sounds when you have a new born baby to take care of, who needs a lot of attention and care. From feeding your baby at regular intervals to changing their nappies/diapers and making them sleep, all of it requires you to be on your toes. Make sure you always take some time out to rest and do not hesitate to take help from your spouse and family.
- Don’t put strain your body: Your body has just given birth to a baby and has undergone a major surgery; therefore, it is important that you give it time to heal. You should try not to get up too often, do not lift anything heavier than your baby, avoid sex until six weeks from the birth of your baby, hold your abdomen when you have to sneeze or cough to protect the incision site. Don’t start working out without your doctors’ green signal and don’t drive and take stairs, which might put a strain on your body.
- Take a good diet: Take plenty of healthy and nutritious food as your body still requires such a diet. Breastfeeding mothers need to understand that the sole source of nutrition for your baby is you. Include different vegetables and variety of healthy food to pass on nutrition to your little one. Take plenty of fluids, especially water as the fluid intake is necessary to increase breast milk supply. Including fibre rich diet will keep you away from issues, such as constipation, which is one of the most common issues that women face after having a baby.
- Medicines: Your doctor may prescribe you the medicines that you can take to reduce the pain and recover faster. The medicines prescribed would vary if you are breastfeeding and if you are not breastfeeding your baby, so taking up such issues become even more important for you and your baby.
- Take care of the Incision: Take proper care of the incision by keeping the wound clean and undisturbed for a faster recovery.
Don’t compare your recovery to someone else’s because the speed of recovery depends from person to person. Motherhood is an exciting phase of your life, so take care of yourself to have a speedy recovery and enjoy every moment of it. Make memories and stay happy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is unable to achieve an orgasm. She hardly gets once in a blue moon. These days she doesn't feel doing intercourse. Wat shud I do? Any medicine?
I am 28 years old. From last 3 months I am not getting my periods properly. Sometime it stop only in 1 day. Due to this my face is full with pimple. Please suggest which precaution I need to take.
Hi, I had unprotected sex on 21st jan and took an i-pill on 22nd. My periods were on 12th jan. On 29th jan I started bleeding again. It's been 3 days since I have been bleeding. It's not exactly heavy like periods but it is also not just spotting. I am bleeding clots. Is this a period or a side effect of the ECP? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
I am 18years n 6months old. Often use to masturbate n started dis frm around 7 months. Irregular periods wre normal but frm last two masturbation I noticed something new. I started bleeding (dats similar to periods. Last 6-7 days) is dere any thng 2 worry?
My friend got clots and mild flow of blood on 14th day of her last period. It has not stopped. Whats the issue?
My wife is in 9th week pregnancy, she feels dizzy and sometimes faints just after lunch. What is the reason and what we need to do.
I removed my implant on Friday September 30 2016 at about 12 mid day and started the microgynon contraceptive pill at 11 pm the same Friday. I had sex 2 days after. Was it 2 early to have sex without condom since it was only 2 days since I switched to the pill? Am I at risk of getting pregnant?
Respected Doctor, Explain the cause of continuous bleeding after using contra pills (mifepristone, misoprostol), now it's at least 1.5 months now when I used these pills but still bleeding once or twice in a day. Pregnancy test is also negative (-ve), tested few days ago. please suggest causes & measures for the same. Thanks & Regards!
How can I can test my wife pregnancy in home? Is there any home test? Or I have to go for blood or urine test in hospital?
I am 20 years old unmarried I did not. Get my periods last month is there any medicine in this please help me.
I want to conceive and I use folic acid tablets now and my last period was 15th December. Now my vagina becomes tight and I suffered from low pain in the stomach below and white discharge. I felt very weak, fainting and vomiting sensation during three days. But I have to travel on 15th January of this group. What can I use to delay my periods for 2-3 days.
My marriage finished before 1 year. I was pregnant and its aborted concerned doctor tell me that I have a small chest in ovary.
He has prostate 21g he is feeling good during time but night time he is feeling pain around the back what should he eat and drink and best medicine for to get rid of this pain.
1. Exercise can make you skinny
Not true! If you don't curb your intake, exercise can actually make you more efficient and cause more fat deposition. Exercise is important for maintaining health and strength, but just don't believe the myth that you can lose fat by exercising.
(calories in) - (calories out) = (stable weight)
2. Eating less fat causes weight loss
Another common myth is that low-fat diet causes weight loss. Over 60% of the population is overweight, and about one fifth of the entire population is either diabetic or pre-diabetic! Low-fat diets don't lower body fat.
3. Low thyroid causes weight gain
People who still believe that they are overweight because of a 'thyroid problem', should reconsider that notion. Multiple studies on the effects of thyroid on weight have failed to find a connection and yet the myth persists. There are many medical doctors and other practitioners that perpetuate this myth, telling people, 'It's not your fault, it's your thyroid'. They are then given thyroid hormones to take, but don't lose weight.
4. Diet pills help you lose weight
All of the studies done on diet pills show a short-term loss of weight with a long-term gain. Moreover, they cause brain dysfunction. Why are they still used? Because of public demand. People are trying to appear to be healthy with drugs that are actually harming their health. Diet pills, whether over-the-counter or prescription are not the answer to being overweight.
5. High-nutrient-and-low-calorie foods are expensive!
Of course, ounce-for-ounce you will find that organic foods cost more than those smothered in pesticides, and prepared foods seem to cost less than their unadulterated counterparts, but this isn't the whole picture. Eating smaller amounts of grass fed meat, or wild caught fish maybe twice per week, and having organic fruit and vegetables instead of packaged snacks is actually less expensive. People who are eating nutritious foods don't eat when they aren't hungry, whereas snack foods are eaten for taste and hunger doesn't matter. That's why people get fat on snack foods. Moreover, preparing the food in your home will save lots of money over going to restaurants.
6. Skipping a meal per day can help you lose weight and improve your health
In fact, eating three meals a day may actually help to stave off obesity! Studies show that skipping meals slows down metabolism as the body's tries to reserve its energy stores for daily function. And skipping meals increases the likelihood of overeating or even binge eating later in the day.
7: Body fat is bad for you
Actually, without body fat, your organs would not function properly, your bones would break easier, you would have impaired cognitive ability, and you would be putting yourself at risk for a heart attack. Body fat itself is not bad for you. How much of it, what type, and where a person's fat is stored on their body makes a difference.The Truth About Your Weight and Your Health, fat storage on the hips and thighs is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and Type II Diabetes in both men and women.
8: Being fat is worse for your health than being thin
Here's the biggest shocker, and a fact that sadly goes unnoticed; the risk of death from a very low BMI is greater than for someone at a high BMI! Skinny people die as a result of their weight than fat people do.
Warning, being as thin as this airbrushed model's image may be hazardous to your health."
9: Genetic makeup will not allow an Individual to be lean and fit
Obesity tends to run in families. A genetic cause is indicated; though it must be remembered that family members share not only genes, but also their diet and lifestyle habits. Individuals cannot change their genes, but they can change what they eat and how active they are. Even individuals who are genetically predisposed to obesity need not become obese, they can manage to lose weight and keep it off.
10: Weight gain in women over time is healthy and part of a natural aging process.
Weight gain of more than 20 pounds is not a normal part of the maturation process. It may actually increase a woman's risk of an obesity related disease.