Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MurthyYour feedback matters!
Today, there is no disease that cannot be cured. Be it related to any part of the body, medications and doctors can come to your rescue immediately. Similarly, low sex drive is also curable. It is a medical condition, caused due to various factors and can be treated under the proper guidance of a doctor. The condition is known as Inhibited Sexual Desire (ISD). A person suffering from ISD exhibits only one symptom: low sexual desire. A person suffering from ISD refuses to engage in sexual activities with anyone. It has been observed that they neither start nor respond to anyone’s sexual move or overtures. It is a common problem faced by the new age couples in the metro cities.
ISD can be of two different types: primary and secondary. If the patient has never developed sexual desire in his or her lifetime, the condition is primary. The secondary condition occurs when a person began a relationship with the opposite sex partner with normal drive but later gave up the interest towards sexual activities.
Sometimes, patients also develop situational ISD due to stress ad strains in a relationship. The patient may have sexual desire towards others and be disinterested with his or her partner. Whatever may be the condition, medical guidance by a trained and experienced doctor is a must. Here’s how your doctor can help you in gaining back your interest in sexual activities:
1. Counseling: A doctor can treat ISD by counseling. It has been found that many couples first need marriage counselling to improve their relationship first. The training will help couples in learning how to express their love and affection towards each other and respect each other’s emotions and feelings. The couples should also know how to vent their anger and resolve problems and differences in their conjugal life. The sexual counselling helps couple to learn how to carry out their sexual activities in an interesting manner. The doctor then may prescribe you (in case of males) some drugs to activate your sex life.
2. Hormone Therapy: A woman’s sex drive depends on the influence of sex hormones, especially estrogen. Doctor may give small doses of estrogen to the woman patient by prescribing vaginal cream or any skin patch to increase blood flow to her private part, increasing its sensitivity.
3. Lifestyle Changes: A doctor can help you by advising certain lifestyle changes that are adversely impacting your sex life. The doctor is able to find out the activities or events in your daily life—by interacting with you—that are responsible for sexual aversion.
Hello sir! myself and my girlfriend had sex without condom but I did not ejaculate inside her vagina but I have fear weather she has a chance of getting pregnancy by precum what can I do for avoiding pregnancy.
She has been facing discharge of white water from vagina for a week is it serious if flow is high in amount.
I had breast pain and some swelling with hardness in my breasts earlier this month, so I went to doctor and she gave me tablets Estranor and mobile. Now I do not have pain but my breasts have become somewhat harder and bigger. Why is it so?
My friend had sex with his girl friend 1 week back. They not used condom. Aftrt sex that girl had nowill pill (ipill. Is there any chance to get pregnancy? Please tell me some other technique to avoid pregnancy.
Doctor Prescribed Fosavance 70 mg/5600 IU (Alendronic Acid (70 mg, Vitamin D3 (5600IU)) and told not to eat anything & sleep after taking it for 40 minutes. I want to know why such restrictions for taking this medicine?
I had CuT as IUD since two years. I missed my periods this month past 10 days. Is there is a chance of conceiving because when I checked for the same at night saw a faint line in the morning.
Uundergone C125 test as per advice by doctor and the result is 84 She has been taking treatment for excessive bleeding since 15th August of this year Please advice.
After miscarriage in August 2015 I have given birth a baby boy in September 2016 and till today I can't supply sufficient breastfeeding to my baby kindly suggest me remedies that how I can increase my breastfeeding to my baby.
I have bicornuate uterus. I am pregnant for 3 an half months. I had bleed for 2 times first time on 18 june and second time on 8 july. After that I had very low bleed on 22 nd and 23 rd july. Now there is no bleeding. After seeing the report of ultrasound the doctor said that there are 50%chances of being the fetus will be ok or not. I am in confusion that whether my baby is all right or not . I want to know should I proceed this pregnancy further or not?
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Dyspareunia is a phenomenon noticed in both males and females, but more frequently in females. It refers to recurring pain during or after sexual intercourse. Such kind of pain affects female genitalia usually the vagina, clitoris, or at times the depths of the pelvis. This pain is often accompanied by a burning, itching or throbbing sensation which can prove to be extremely discomforting if left unattended. Thankfully, a careful examination of symptoms leading to Dyspareunia and its early diagnosis can improve a person's sexual health.
Indicators of this deep rooted problem
- Pain can occur during penetration in and around the vagina, urethra or the bladder.
- Pain can be a new occurrence after earlier instances of painless intercourse.
- It can be felt throughout intercourse in places, such as deep in the pelvis or even after intercourse.
- The intensity of the ache is sometimes sharp and at other times, it is as piercing as menstrual cramps.
- It need not necessarily be associated with intercourse; pain can be experienced during any kind of penetration. Thus, using a tampon or a moon cup can also result in soreness.
- Skin diseases can either be a symptom or a root cause leading to the problem. Skin problems, such as Psoriasis or Lichen Sclerosus should not be taken lightly.
- Tightening of vaginal muscles at the beginning of intercourse may or may not be superficial pain. In most cases, it is identified as Vaginismus but it can also be a symptom of acute Dyspareunia.
Ways to nip the pain in the bud
- While, usually, pain during sexual intercourse is a result of adolescence or a traumatic sexual history, it can also be the result of a physiological problem contracted at birth. However, treatment in any situation is necessary to enable smooth functioning of one's life.
- Injectable corticosteroids might prove to be helpful.
- There are oral medications to remedy the problem; antibiotics and antifungal medicines.
- Increase in estrogen levels through the use of the drug Osphena helps in curing frailty of vaginal tissues.
Precautionary measures to be followed at home
- Taking a warm bath before intercourse can lead to betterment.
- It is best to avoid sex when in stress. Both partners should be relaxed to ensure a complete lack of pain.
- After sex pain can be relieved by applying an ice pack around the vulva.
- Urinating before sex can be helpful. It is also good to use water soluble lubricants for stimulation.