Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MuralidharanYour feedback matters!
I did cleanup in parlour for first time and in the process of removing blackheads some marks have developed on my face. How to take proper care of face to recover damaged skin and make skin beautiful. I have darkcircles too:-(and a boys family is going to come to see me for marriage next week. What should I do to make my skin clear and glowing within a week.
My left eye got swelling at upper side I don't know how and why its not eye stye what should I do to get my eye normal.
I'm 17 years old and am suffering continuously from swollen eyelids with pus. It pains a lot and takes at least 3 days to heal automatically and after few days it again happens. I have suffered at least 10 of them. Please help.
Im 18 year girl. My eye sight is too worst. I'm wearing lens I don't know the power but it is like I can't even tell the time in walclock. Please suggest some remedies to get better vision. Please dis scares me. Some people telling that in 30'S you ll be blind like that all they are telling please help me:(
I often feel itching in my eyes before sleeping. Even slight reddish color is also visible some times. Eyesight Vision is6*6. What could be it leading to!
I had operation on my lower side of right eye. Doctor told calazia sist. But after 3 days I am not completely cure. When I will join my office and work properly. Now if I read something water comes from eye. Is it curable properly?
My husband always complains about indigestion and heart burn. What diet should he follow and which doctor I should see.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty
-Wash eyes with luke warm water after coming home from pollution.
-Take fluids and balanced diet.
-Do eye rolling and pinpointing exercises before bed.
-Do not continuously watch TV.
-Use solar goggles when outdoor.
-Take all colour fruit and veg for vitamins and antioxidants.