Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Murali AdigaYour feedback matters!
Hai I am karthik from malligere. I am work one of good company. My qn is my eyes is red wn I am using an computer.
my age is 28 I have minor problem with seeing the object is far in my left eye and feeling some dryness also I have meet Dr. He suggest me -1.0 Number but when I am wearing specs it's clear than normal eye but I feeling heavy in my head and facing problem to see in straight means problem in moving on way it's going one sided heavy Please suggest me And how can I remove my number what I have to do.
My eyes getting reddish when some dust entered into my eyes, it's very painful, so what will I do now?
Hi sir/mam if we do lasik surgery means how about nearest object like phone or some letters are look like perfectly or not because when we wear specs or contact lens for short site nearest object slightly blurred when we remove it looks like perfect could you guys please tell me about this?
I had feeling like salty eye always, due to that I am doing face wash nearly 8 times per day, after doing face wash only I can feel relax otherwise it irrating eye, why happening like to me.
I get severe pain in my left eye, a nerve above left eye/eyebrow (on the forehead). Pain is also, on the left side of the head, and left side of the crown, and left ear too, And sometimes on the left cheek muscle, below the side lock. I can isolate (touch and feel the pain) the nerves that are paining both on the forehead, side of the head and on the crown. And these nerves pain a lot when I touch them during the pain. Also, the pain aggravates and pressure increases in my head and face, when I bend forward or downwards. But I don't have BP, as it is always in normal range. My eye pressure is also normal, and my ophthalmologist had got few tests done to isolate the case of eye problem - Glaucoma. But the tests were normal too. When I bend I feel like blood is gushing through my head, and I feel severs pressure in my left eye, and I feel heavy head.
LASIK is a corrective eye surgery that aims at repairing the vision impairment. It is known as laser in situ keratomileusis. This surgery is typically used to fix nearsightedness, farsightedness and even astigmatism.
So can this surgery help in removing your spectacles and giving you crystal clear vision? Let us find out!
- Definition: The LASIK procedure basically works towards reshaping the cornea, which is the clear portion that coats the eye. This is responsible for proper travel of light to the retina where it must focus in an appropriate manner so as to reach the back of eye.
- Corrective Technique: With its cornea reshaping technique, this procedure is effective in correcting vision and removing spectacles for at least 96% of the patients who go through this treatment.
- Convenient: The LASIK surgery is a highly convenient one that hardly creates any pain. Numbing drops are used to minimise the pain that may be felt during the procedure. Also, the time taken for the correction is very little with most procedures commencing within a day or two. Further, this procedure does not require any bandages or stitches and usually works with a powerful laser beam.
- Eyeglass Dependence Reduction: Most patients have a dramatic improvement in the quality of their vision and do not require glasses, while other patients usually have a reduced dependence on eyeglasses once the surgery is done.
- Preparing for the Surgery: To prepare for the surgery, it is imperative to meet and coordinate the details with the ophthalmologist who will examine your eye carefully and seek to determine the risk of any kind of side effect. Also, the doctor will ask specific questions regarding the medical history of the patient before conducting the surgery. As a part of the preparation, the doctor will also take measurements of the corneal thickness and other such factors like refraction, corneal mapping, pupil dilation and air pressure, so as to carry out the surgery in the most effective manner. Do not wear your contact lenses for at least three weeks before this evaluation so as to get the correct reading which will make the surgery much more effective due to the correct settings applied to the pulses.
- Procedure: During the procedure, an instrument known as a microkeratome laser will be used to lift the flap of the cornea which will be peeled back while the corneal tissue is reshaped. Then the cornea flap will be put back in its position.
Remember to be prepared for some amount of dryness in the eyes once the surgery is over. Talk to your doctor about other side effects.