Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Muneeswaran
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MuneeswaranYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. Am a mother of 5 month old baby. I am very much worried about hitting his head on my head or shoulder and accidental hitting of his head with my elbow. Is there any problem with small hitting. And what about soft spot?
Hello doctor. My baby is 7 months old. He suffer from cold frequently. I give nasal drop and medicines prescribed by pediatrician. He gets well and again he suffers. What can I do to protect him from cold? He has started solids but he don't like to eat. Only biscuits he likes. Can you please help me to make him eat.
I am a new mom of 10 months old baby girl. She is getting up very frequently now a days for feeding. I feel my milk production is less. Now a days she is not eating normal foods also like dalia khichdi fruits what should I do?
Sir/madam my child is 3 months old and has taken following vaccination. Birth- bcg, opv-0, hep-b1 6 week - imovax polio, pentavac, rotarix1 10 week- imovax polio, quadrovax only. Now my concern is whether the vaccination quadrovax be given in place of pentavac as changed in 6 and 10 week. And also the doctor is saying to give rotatek in place of rotarix due to its unavailability, should it possible?
My baby is 6 years old. Today she vomit all the things which she took. If he drink water that is also vomit. Which medicine can prevent this?
She is just 1 and half month old please, advice me what are care should be taken to keep her healthy. And the vaccination details.
My son is two month old due to cough n cold we took him to doc today. He had recommended steam for him n given us Some Ipratropium nebulizer solution Bp .can we use such solution for steaming via nebulizer .I hope it doesn't have any side effects as he is having little bit cough n cold only. Pls given us second advice.
My son is 3 years old uski body bahut hair hai kafi bade face pr bhi unhe kaise hataya jaye aur pasina bahut aata hai skin bhi dry hai kya use kare soap kaunsa use kare and hume odomos lagana pdta hai daily dangu k darr se koi solution btaye.
My son is 11 years old , his one by one teeth are falling , he lost almost 4 teeth in last 3 months , is this serious ?
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult your doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!