Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My 33 months old boy's head always seems to have temp than normal. I used to apply castor oil on hs sole to reduce the body heat. Imdtly he has running nose with sneeze. How can I help him to have normal temp. Is hs BMI nrml?
My son will complete 2 years of age in coming September. Please help me some guiding some good or healthy food for him as now a days he is not looking anything as what ever we give him he takes that from his mouth immediately and keeps crying for not eating. . He is also losing waiting because of this.
My child 1y 6m cries during passing of urine since 2 days ( she shows the genitals that she has pain there ) Is it urine infection? Please suggest the remedy or medicine.
A local podiatrist has preferred Isomil (Soy based) over Nan Pro for my baby. Is it advisable to go for Isomil since I see mixed reviews about Soy based formula. However she is being breast fed too with what little milk is being produced. Please advise. We are confused and concerned.
There is no, particular psychological pathway to parenthood as every couple's experience is shaped by a unique set of circumstances; their own childhood memories of their parents, observations of other parents and by the type of relationship they have with each other.
Being parents changes you:
Becoming a parent changes two fundamental things: first, your perception about yourself, and secondly, it changes the nature of your relationship with your partner. You need to understand that you're no longer two independent adults but a team. You have to prioritize the needs of your child over and above your own needs. The sooner you realize and implement this in your life, the better you turn out as a parent.
Planning is essential:
As an expectant couple, you need to plan and prepare, not to guarantee a result, but to open their minds to the vast enormities of the life changes that you are about to experience. This way you will be better prepared and equipped to cope with the challenges and situations that may come your way. You should try to imagine what your life will be like, after the baby arrives, realistically. The pregnancy period is an opportunity for both - the mother and the father, to run through a psychological rehearsal of "life after the birth of baby". Although it is, unrealistic and impractical for the expectant parents to think that, they can strategize for every conceivable scenario related to new parenthood, what so ever it may be, however, they can use the nine months of pregnancy to begin to reflect on how a baby will affect their relationship.
My grandson[Aged 14 months] recently had fever and got two seizures duration of 2 to five minutes with a span of 24 hrs .He was admitted to the ICU and is now discharged after staying for 24 hrs .Understand he had a throat infection and was on antibiotics. Now let me know if he is prone to seizures or it was one off and is common
I am 25 years old and suffering from respiration problem from last six years I went to many doctors and now I am using inhaler which I have to take daily for two times. I want to get rid of inhaler. please tell me the solution.
My baby won't sacking my milk I tried nipple shield also now she was finished her 9 weeks. She was nursing only few times but not every time similarly I have low milk supply. I'm really hurts when I feed her formula milk. I don't know what to do!
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.
What should you suggest in diet for a ten year old son? Can it'll be safe to have coffee. For him? How many glasses of milk he should have?
I am 28 year old women Mujhe ek ladki hui hai Jo 2 mahine ki hai Mai use dud pila rahi thi To mujhe mere boobs mai dard hone laga To mujhe pata chala ki mere ek boobs mai ganth si ho rahi hai jisse mujhe dard hai Ye kis Baje se hai Or mai kya karu.
I have a 1 years child. He doesn't have hair in the front of his head. What should I do growth of his hair in front of his head. I had taken his hair for 4 times. But the result was the same.
Here are a few facts you should keep in mind:
1. You might often find it difficult to differentiate between the normal and abnormal behavior of your child. You might consult the pediatrician in this case to compare the child's general behavioral patterns with that of other children in the same age group.
2. It is very important to understand your child's development process. It helps you to interpret his/her behavior and to identify signs of personality disorder.
3. There are a few common behavior patterns, which tend to act as a guide to understanding the behavior of your child. Some of these patterns should be encouraged as they lead to proper behavioral development of your child while patterns of negative behavior should be discouraged.
4. You should also consult a doctor if your child shows negative behavior persistently even after disciplining measures.
5. Being polite, doing chores on a regular basis, following instructions should be encouraged and rewarded as it helps in the proper personality development of your child.
6. Behavioral patterns like an inclination towards defensive, regressive and aggressive behavior should not be encouraged but can be tolerated in certain situations like illness or in times of stress.
7. Behavioral patterns like an increased inclination to violence or an excessive competitive attitude towards their siblings should never be allowed.
8. Prejudice or racism, stealing or inclination towards substance abuse, angry outbursts point towards problems in the child's mental, physical or social well-being. You are also advised to take your child to a psychological expert to find out whether he/she is suffering from any sort of behavioral disorder.
9. Your behavior also plays a major role in development of your child and his/her behavioral patterns. It is often seen that if a child is subjected to excessive physical, mental or emotional abuse or is engaged in too many curricular and extracurricular activities, he/she is likely to develop several behavioral disorders over time.