Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukundh
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MukundhYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from continues legs and hands pain and weakness since 2 years I feel very weak when I run and feel very lazy.
Sir/madam, My mother is 69 years old, 8 years back she had a knee operation on one leg, some time she had severe pain, so kindly suggest AYURVEDIC medicine for pain relief.
R/sir, my brother is 17 years old and he is suffering from extradural mass at c1-c2 compressing cervicomedullary junction what should I have to do and what percentage of success in surgery.
Mere ko cervical h.Jo ki mrei nec me c3. C4.or c5 c6 me deka h is ki vajah she mere hath or pero me dard h hatho ki ungli me bharipan rehta h .or chalne me dikkat hoti h.
For a sportsman, coming face to face with sports injury is no big deal. But what is important is that he/she gets the correct treatment in order to recover fast and get back to the field, giving their best performance in their field of sports. With regular medical check ups, physiotherapy sessions, training sessions, exercises and gymnasium sessions, sports injuries are treated effectively. However, all variants of a treatment may not fit with all kinds of injuries. Thus, treatments are always injury-specific for a more effective progression.
Here are some of the most common sports injuries and their most effective treatments as prescribed by sports specialists.
- Ankle sprain: Ankle sprains are common among sportsmen and sportswomen when the ligaments of their ankles tear. Such injuries are very common, but also unfortunately, extremely painful and demand a lot of recovery time. With such an injury, even though they are advised bed rest, it is important to continue with some kinds of exercises. This would help in preventing the stamina and muscle strength in your ankles. It would also help you to recover fast.
- Knee injury: Another very common form of sports injury is the knee injury where one can experience excruciating pain. Although, proper rest and exercises heal most injuries in a month or two; those that are serious might even need a surgery.
- Tennis elbow: Tears in the tendons of the elbow due to its recurring use can cause tennis elbow. It has a natural healing process with just a few exercises. In fact, it is recommended you give proper rest to the elbow so that it can heal faster. Even after healing, to avoid chances of recurring tennis elbow, stress should be lowered in this part of the body.
- Hamstring Strain: Hamstring is that part of the body, which is formed by three muscles behind your thigh. Hamstring is mostly a forgotten part of the body and one hardly remembers it. But, it is very prone to sprains and injuries, if exercises involving the hamstring are not carried out properly. In fact, there are specific exercises pertaining to hamstring, which are performed to prevent it from injuries. Hamstring injuries have a very long recovery period. It might actually take up to a year for full recovery because it experiences constant pressure when you walk, letting it heal slowly. Thus, incorporating hamstring exercises in your daily routine would help in faster healing of such injuries.
These are some of the most common types of sports injuries and the methods of treating them as recommended by medical practitioners. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A shoulder dislocation occurs when the bones of the upper arm snap out of your shoulder blade, generally after suffering a major injury. The joints of the shoulder are the most flexible body joints, thereby, making them more prone to dislocation. In most of the cases, a dislocated shoulder can be fixed within a few weeks’ time with the help of proper diagnosis. There is a high chance of suffering from dislocations over and over again. A dislocated shoulder, if not treated immediately, can lead to further complications such as damage to the blood vessels and nerve around the affected area or tearing of the associated muscles or ligaments.
What can cause a shoulder dislocation
You can experience a dislocation in your shoulder joints due to the following reasons:
- Shoulder dislocation can occur if you play any kind of contact sports such as football or hockey. You are more susceptible to a dislocated shoulder if the sports or physical activities you engage in regularly involve the risk of suffering from falls such as gymnastics or volleyball.
- A dislocated shoulder is a common occurrence if you have suffered a major motor vehicle accident that might have affected your shoulder.
- You can also suffer from a dislocated shoulder if you have survived a fall in the recent past such as tripping from a ladder or similar injuries.
Symptoms of a dislocated shoulder
You are suffering from a dislocated shoulder if you exhibit the following signs and symptoms:
- Abnormal enlargement of the affected area or bruising
- Severe pain around the shoulder area due to a recurrent muscle spasm in the shoulder joints
- Extreme pain while moving the joint
- A sense of numbness or a tingling sensation near the affected area, for example, in areas around the neck or the arm
- Visibly deformed shoulder joints
Treatment for shoulder dislocation
The treatment for shoulder dislocation depends on the severity of the injury. The following treatments can be implemented with suggestion from the doctors:
- If you had recurrent instances of dislocated shoulders, your doctor might suggest a surgery to remedy the damaged blood vessels and nerves around the area.
- Depending upon the intensity of the pain, the doctor might implement a general manoeuvre procedure to relocate your shoulder bones. After the procedure is conducted, you will feel your pain significantly reducing.
- Your doctor can also recommend you to wear a sling around your shoulder area to regulate the movement of the shoulder joints for the first few days to about 3 weeks, depending upon the intensity of the pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.