Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. MukundYour feedback matters!
I've been suffering from cervical spondilosis since 5 years with pain in left side of neck.Since last 3 years having frozen shoulder in left side.Treated with some NSAID and muscle relaxant and some exercise but still it is painful .Kindly help!
Fore feet muscle pain sudden of one foot-i am diabetic, static job, undergone open heart surgery and taking glycomet-1 mg, atorva ecosprin-40, met xl-25, plavigril daily, why so much pain, the reason and medication for that, whom I have to consult - physician or ortho doctor.
My father is 75 years old. He slipped on floor and got his knee cap broken in 3 pieces as per x ray report. Dr. is advising surgery. How complex is this surgery, what precautions should be taken? Will he achieve normal mobility after surgery?
I feel lazy 24/7 no matter what. I dnt feel energy in my body. Honestly if I do some work mi legs n back pain alot. N just want to hit the bed every freaking time. What do I do to get rid of this?
I am a 55 year old man with upper back pain on left side. I have mild scoliosis. I have off and on pain and discomfort i.e. Good and bad days. I went to a physiotherapist. I was advised to confirm that I don't have any underlying infection. My pain increases when I have any cough or temperature etc. My mantoux test for tb was negative 4 years back. What tests do I need to get done and what is your advice. I don't wish to use painkillers.
Sir, 2 months before I am operated for ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction in sports injury center, Safdarjung, New Delhi. But till now I am having difficulty in walking, I can't walk properly and for long distance. So, I want to know that how long will it take to get perfect in walking and without any difficulty. I regular do advised exercises but apart this, is there any need for physiotherapy to recover fast.
From yesterday I am experiencing very painful left leg thumb at its left corner might be due to nail insertion, I applied haldi yesterday but it's not working. Please suggest me something to get rid of this pain.
I am diabetic, and have been suffering from frozen shoulder since last one year. Also loose motion almost 3-4 days a week.
Every now and then my middle trap muscle is pulled just beneath the right shoulder, sometime beneath the left shoulder as well. And this happens more often in the winter, as a result I feel mild pain (sometime severe pain) and neck movement becomes difficult. Usually I take pain killer for this, but its isn't helping.
Acupressure can prove to be extremely effective if you are looking for non-medicinal solutions to treat musculoskeletal problems, such as back pain, sports injuries, arthritis, etc. Acupressure is the application of putting firm pressure on the areas on the body which are swollen, agitated or tense by massaging the acupoints (specific points in the body). Acupressure believes that relieving these areas of pressure reduces the pain.
Here are some musculoskeletal problems that can be healed by acupressure:
- Arthritis: Those who seek acupressure as an alternative treatment for pain are mostly suffering from arthritis (a disease characterised by chronic joint inflammation and cartilage degeneration). Acupressure applies pressure on the inflamed joints.
- Back pain: Back pain is a common problem that can affect anyone irrespective of his or her age. Acupressure acts to relieve the points where the muscles are too tense and helps to tone or support the muscles which have become weak with disuse.
- Chronic pain: Unrelenting pain can stem from many causes. Acupressure focuses on the pain and the pain signals when treating chronic pain. The acupoint of the pain and the nerves are gently massaged to relieve the pain.
- Fibromyalgia: Traumatic injury to the soft tissue, emotional trauma or severe illness can cause fibromyalgia. It is non-inflammatory in nature and often leads to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (a troublesome disorder with symptoms of deep fatigue, sleeping problems, pain, etc.). Acupressure can greatly improve the fatigue and sleeplessness that fibromyalgia causes.
- Tendonitis: The tendon connects the tissue to the bone, and tendonitis is the condition when the tendon is inflamed. Acupressure helps in reducing the inflammation and easing mobility restrictions.
- Sciatica: The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, stretching from the lower spine to the back of the foot. So when this nerve is agitated, pain radiates from the lower back to the foot. This condition is called sciatica. The acupoints in sciatica are the lower back and the hip. Acupressure effectively loosens the muscles in these regions and reduces inflammation.
- Sports injuries: Strains and sprains are common sports injuries, which mostly affect athletes. Acupressure has anti-inflammatory benefits that can help heal severely injured tendons, ligaments or muscle. Acupressure also plays a huge role in restoring and retraining the body, especially if you are an athlete and play high-demand sports.
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition in which the pressure increases on the median nerve as it goes through the carpal tunnel, and this causes wrist pain. Acupressure involves the use of directed pressure to specific acupuncture points on the surface of the body.
- Insomnia: Insomnia is a sleep disorder. The Acupressure Points between your heel and anklebones (on both sides) have traditionally been used to relieve and prevent insomnia.
- Migraines: Acupuncture is used to effectively treat primary headaches, namely tension and migraine, which are the most common.