Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Kanmani MahadevanYour feedback matters!
Extremely Painful Experience In 17th week of pregnancy. Ligaments in the hips, tail bone and thighs are screaming with immense pain. What should I do? Not even able to stand or walk. Is it because of exertion. It usually happens with me after long hours standing or sitting. Please advise.
I'm having pain in my lower neck shoulders shoulder blades. I consulted a doc and he said that it is nerve trap and he give some tablets but the pain didn't decrease. I'm having this pain from last 8-10 months its unbearable. Is there any diagnosis for this pain.
I am suffering from pain in my wrists after having chikungunya fever for a week everything else is fine only wrist pain isn't going.
I am 50 years married women having heap pain past 6 months which gradually travels to left leg and sometimes left arm, what could be the possible reasons, I am using homeopath med and using ls belt.
Hello doctor! My legs start paining suddenly at any time. Sometimes at night. Which disrupts my sleep. What could be the reason for this?
I have leg pain in last 3 months , I am 40 years old now, have if got any relief. What should I do now?
I am 28 years old men suffering from lower tibia pain" pain in both leg" doctor suggests zerodol sp and pan 40 but I don't want pain killer, I want to cure this from the root. My all reports are normal what to do?
I am 31 years old, I feel mild pain in my lower part of legs. What may be the possible causes and its treatment?
I am athlete when me and my companion practising triple jump unfortunately my friends leg become sudden pain in his first jump. what kind of first aid can I give to him.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.