Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. G.Valli Ammai
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. G.Valli AmmaiYour feedback matters!
I am sportsman. I am suffering from ankle pain from 5 days. please gv me solution for how to recover from pain.
I have a bone problem in my left thigh, I even went for check up twice they gave me a diclofenac Gel B.P. And some calcium but the pain is not gone yet its been months and the doctor even told me if the pain is not gone then you have to come for x-ray. I feel like my left leg bone is weak and not as strong as the right bone, please send me an answer thank you.
My husband 50 years male and have right shoulder pain for last 4 days . He used pain relief ointment for 2 days but haven't got any relief. What should he do now?
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus, maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems. The following are five must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
1. Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
2. Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
3. Swimming is also good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
4. Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
5. Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But, it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.