Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. MoorthyYour feedback matters!
I actually do have a gastric problem and also my cholesterol varies and most importantly liver enzymes are always high like alkaline kindly suggest me what to do.
My brother is a stroke patients and nw he is in better condition but not fully so wat i need to do for improvement of his physical and mental weakness. By profession he was a scientists just one month back he left his job and the incident happened 3 yrs back .Pls suggest something better for his recovery.
Recently I have undergone tests from thyrocare for various tests including cardiac risk markers. The test results are as follows APOLIPOPROTEIN - A1 (APO-A1) NEPHELOMETRY 100 mg/dl APO B / APO A1 RATIO (APO B/A1) CALCULATED 1.3 HIGH SENSITIVITY C-REACTIVE PROTEIN (hs-CRP) NEPHELOMETRY mg/L TOTAL CHOLESTEROL PHOTOMETRY 237 mg/dl 125-200 HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 25 mg/dl 35-80 LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT PHOTOMETRY 138 mg/dl 85-130 TRIGLYCERIDES PHOTOMETRY 330 mg/dl 25-200 TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO CALCULATED 9.4 Ratio 3 - 5 LDL / HDL RATIO CALCULATED 5.5 Ratio 1.5-3.5 VLDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 66 mg/dl 5 - 40 NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL CALCULATED 211.8 mg/dl < 160 ALANINE TRANSAMINASE (SGPT) PHOTOMETRY 42.1 LIPOPROTEIN (A) [LP (A)] NEPHELOMETRY mg/dl 33.1 25-OH VITAMIN D (TOTAL) C.L.I.A ng/ml Reference Range :- 11.58 HbA1c - (HPLC - NGSP Certified H.P.L.C 7.5 % basophil - ABSOLUTE COUNT 0.01 X 10³ / μL 0.02 - 0.1 eosinophil - ABSOLUTE COUNT 0.31 X Total RBC 5.64 X 10^6/μL 4.5-5.5 MEAN CORP. HEMO.CONC (MCHC) 30.5 g/dL 31.5-34.5 RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH - SD (RDW-SD) 51.2 fL 39-46 RED CELL DISTRIBUTION WIDTH (RDW-CV) 15.1 % 11.6-14 I would like to know which doctors will give better treatment for me.
I'm 65 years old and have been prescribed medicine for hypertension for the past 17 years (cardace 5 mg). I feel pressure in the chest while walking on slopes. Please advise.
My husband is 42 year. Daily in the morning he eats saffola masala oats. Since few days he is feeling like burning sensation in the chest/ like acidity. Is it due to the oats.
My mother's heart is working 25%. She is getting treatment from Apollo hospital. They have restricted liquid for better heart function. How can be increase her heart efficiency naturally. One of my friend suggest "Arjun ki chhal" Please suggest.
Hi All, My husband is having BP 140/100, and our family physician prescribed Repace 25 mg, can he take this tablet or any other less dosage is available. He does 1 hour walk and on less salt diet, and all other test (cholesterol, TMT, ECG,) are normal. Thanks Shylaja.
I am 51 years old. Have had a MI 2 years ago with blood clot in Right coronary Artery. Was treated with Agriblock Injection, Statins. I am on Cilamet Xl 25 1-0-0, Telma CT Forte (40/12.5) 0-1-0, Clopivas 75 0-1-0 & Cilacar 10 mg 0-0-1. My Bp varies between 130/90 & 140/90. Is 140/90 BP acceptable. Do I need a more aggressive medication. Earlier I was on Lotensyl AT, Atenolol 50 mg has been reducing my heart rate and hence my medication was changed.
Can you suggest medicine for my mother age 48, Triglycerides :309, Non HDL cholesterol 155, VLDL62, HDL Ratio 5.7,Cholesterol total 188.
My mother is diabetic for last 5-6 years. She has uncontrollable sugar label, generally 300+. She tried with amryl2 and other medicine. Even for some time she was on insulin. Currently she has wound on feet. Test report for flesh sugar label is 10.5. She has also blockage in one part of heart due to high sugar label. Please suggest me about. What should she do for betterment.
She is suffering from chest pain and there is cough but it is not coming out of chest. There is bit of water in chest.
My friend was died last week due to low blood pressure. Dose youngsters will get such serious effect on health due to low BP.
A holter is a a 24-48 hour hour ECG that is used to evaluate disturbances in the rhythm of your heart. A holter monitor is a little, battery controlled therapeutic gadget that measures your heart's actions, for example, rate and cadence. Your specialist may request that you utilize one, in case that they require more data about how your heart functions, that a normal electrocardiogram (EKG) cannot give them. Twenty four hour holter monitoring is an important test to record your heart's rate and cadence for twenty four hours.
You wear the holter small monitor for twelve to forty-eight hours as you continue with your usual everyday routine. This gadget has cathodes and electrical leads like a standard ECG. It can get your heart's rate and beat as well as when you feel neck pains or display indications of an unpredictable pulse or arrhythmia.
Here is how it usually works:
- The holter monitor is very small. It is marginally bigger than a deck of playing cards. A few leads or wires, are attached to your body like an ECG. The leads connect with cathodes that are put on the skin of your chest with a paste like gel. The metal anodes direct your heart's movement through the wires and into the holter screen.
- You wear a little pocket around your neck that holds the recorder. It is important to keep the monitor near your body during the testing time frame to ensure the readings are precise.
- You will get guidelines that disclose how to deal with your monitor and what not to do while you are wearing it. It is vital to abstain from activities, such as washing, exercising, or running, while you are wearing the screen.
- You are urged to take an interest in your typical routine during the holter twenty-four-hour test. You will be coordinated to record your routine in a journal.
- A 24-hour holter test is effortless. Make sure to record any pain, fast pulse, or other cardiovascular symptoms you have during the testing period. Keep the Holter dry to guarantee it works properly. Scrub down or shower before your arrangement to have the screen fitted and do not apply any moisturizers or creams. Stay away from exercises that may lead to the screen getting wet.
- Electrical fields may meddle with the capacity of the holter screen. Keep away from zones of high voltage while wearing the screen.
The results can somewhat be determined as follows:
- After the suggested testing time allotment has passed, you will come back to your specialist's office to have the holter monitor removed. Your specialist will read your movement and examine the aftereffects of the screen. Depending upon the results of the test, you may need to experience additional testing before a conclusion is made.
- The holter monitor may uncover underlying disturbances in your heart rate that may go unnoticed and will help your doctor in treatment of the condition. This is an a very informative and useful tests specially if you have irregular heart beats, fast heart beats, unexplained dizziness or fainting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!