Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Moinuddin AYour feedback matters!
I have pores on my face, and my skin is very oily I need to wash my face every 1 hour, my skin is very sticky, please help to avoid from oily skin.
Hi sir I am suffering from eczema ND have been causing trouble. Wht are it's symptoms and hoe to cure it I have been using xevor ND economic.
Hi mam/sir, I'm 22 years old female. I had pigmented over the lips corner. Can you please suggest any ointment for to cure my pigmentation around the lip area.
What is the treatment of smegma? Inspite if washing the area with water and soap everyday, next morning again it comes and causes itching which after washing goes away.
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis (know more about Psoriasis problem): If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option. (learn more about Infection on Scalp)
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed.
Dear sir/madam ji mere puri body pe ji chhoti chhoti funsi nikli hui h ye kya problm h . please help
Does water can improve skin color? normally human being can take up to how many liters of water per day.
I have white spots on my right hand. They are there since I was 3 years old. I have tried lots of treatments for 12 years. But there is no effect on them. What should I do now?
I had a full moustache but now one side of the moustache stopped growing hair. It looks very weird. Would be glad for a solution.
Most people lose about 50 to 100 strands of hair each day. Yet, the thinning of scalp hair is almost unnoticeable owing to the simultaneous hair growth filling up the vacant spots. But permanent hair loss occurs if the cycle of shedding and growth is disrupted or the hair follicle is damaged and substituted with a scar tissue.
Few possible causes can be-
- Genetic factors: Genetic factors bring about gradual hair loss in both the sexes; resulting in bald spots and a receding hairline in men and the thinning of hair among women. Hereditary factors also determines the age at which you could start losing hair.
- Medical conditions: Medical conditions such as hormonal imbalances attack the body’s immune system, thus resulting in damaged hair follicles, scalp infections such as ringworm, skin disorders and hair pulling disorder, a psychological condition that causes people to pull out hair from the scalp, eyebrows or other parts of the body.
- Medications: Hair loss can be caused due to intake of certain drugs, such as the ones for birth control or for treating high blood pressure, heart problems, depression, arthritis or cancer. Consumption of excessive Vitamin A can cause hair fall as well.
- Stress: Physical and emotional stress can cause hair loss. Surgery, high fevers, and blood loss can cause enough stress to cause excessive shedding. Childbirth can result in hair loss for several months after delivery. As for psychological stress, the link is less well defined, but many people have reported losing hair at times of extreme mental stress or anxiety.
- Other Possible Reasons: Other reasons such as radiation therapy to treat cancer, emotional or physical trauma, surgery, extremely high fever or sudden and excessive weight loss can all contribute to hair loss. Hair styling equipment and other chemical based treatments are some of the other triggers of hair loss.
- Anemia: Anemia (insufficient red blood cells in the blood), Polycystic Ovarian syndrome (a condition marked by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer edges of the ovaries), thyroid disorders or pregnancy can also result in hair loss.