Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MohanapriyaYour feedback matters!
I am a 36 yrs and having dental problem, I have a heavy pain from last 3 weeks I had consulted to dentist but no result please give me the suggestion.
Hi. I have had the problem of mouth ulcers for a very long time. They are as frequent as every 15 days. I have been taking BIfilac and rebagen twice a day. I shift to betnesol when it gets bad. I understand Betnesol has some sort of a steroid. Im also using a mouth gel. Am I following the right treatment? Do I need to change my medicines?
I hav teeth problem, my two molars are already get whole n paining also. So suggest me n tel me which toothpaste I used.
I have yellow teeth. I have tried every thing but doesn't work. I wish to have brighter teeth. Please suggest a toothpaste which is good for me. Thank you.
Hi I'm a boy or male if we go to sleep early in the night by 10 thn wat time or how vill brush our teeth in the night what is the right time to brush our teeth in the night what time should we go to brush our teeth in the night please tel me plz.
Is it possible that if root canal treatment is not done properly or by inefficient dental surgeon may lead to internal tumour near the tooth ?
Hi Sir/Madam from last one year onwards I am suffering from bad breath coming from throat I have tried so many possibilities like chewing mint and lemon even with chewing gum also none of worked for me due to this bad breath from throat I am unable to talk with any one. Please provide me a solution.
Hello sir, I am having pain in my tooth since 10 days which relieves after taking medicine. please suggest me the best treatment.?
I have irregular teeths and 2 missing canines. Please let me know about the estimated cost to be incurred in the treatment through lingual braces or other best alternative.
I brush twice a day. even though my teeth is decaying and brokening. What is the reason and how can I survive from this.
My front teeth gap is much big and i dnt want to trim my teeth without trimming option i prefer because if it doesnot look good after treatment i can remove that treatment and look as before so pls advise not so costly treatment bt good also
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.