Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MohanambalYour feedback matters!
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin c, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Why I have too pain periods? Pain itni hooti hai ki jee karta hai ki main zehar khaooo. Please koi domestic elaj batao?
My friend is having sex with his bhabhi since 1 year without condom. Also her husband sex with her. Sometimes both do sex same day. Is there any problem? But bhabhi wear a copper T. Please advise.
Me and my girlfriend were physically contacted on 25 of previous month But we did not have sex but I fingered her I do not know weather my pre-cum was on my finger or not. That incident day was her 4th day of period. She was discharging liquid and some day she noticed that a curd type thick liquid is flowing. Now the liquid flowing is completely stopped. She was saying me that, before 1 day or 2 days of her monthly period she use to discharge some liquid. But now no such symptoms are there. Her next period is 23rd of this month and today is 20th. Is it pregnancy? And one more question that can we test pregnancy on kit before her period? Please help us we are very tensed.
Can a girl get pregnant. If sperm do not fall inside. If it is possible please advice me some medicine.
Hello doc I'm planning for baby and my last period was Feb 20 to 23 and I had intercourse on March 4, 6,8& 9 will be any chance of getting pregnant, suddenly pains in abdomen, stomach, breast and back. Pls suggest me thank you.
Hi, I am 11 weeks pregnant. I see more acne in forehead and in one side of my face. Before conceiving, I don't get acne. So is this due to pregnancy or more intake of milk than before?
I am 27 years old female. I am present of 9 month in this time my mouth taste sour, vomiting feeling and stomach pain please suggest me why this type of symptoms.
I do sex with my wife 12 days ago without any protection some drops of my sperms was gone into her pussy now we afraid that she not want to be pregnant again so early because we have a 3 months baby she also dont have periods this month her last period is on 3 may 2015 what we have to do for ignore her pregnancy if she's pregnant we are not confirmed but the periods are not come still thats why we are afraid.
Hi we had got married 8 months back we had sex on alternative days but 2 days back after intercourse blood came out from my wifes uterus and she is very afraid to do sex thereafter please suggest me solution for that.
My periods started on 28/11/2015 last month and now its been over a month for my menses it start today morning 2/01/2016 I unmarried is it common that my periods got delayed? Please let me know if there might be any problem if possible please explain me in detail.
I have pain in the left breast and done sonography of left breast and seen there hypoechoic node position measure 2.3 x 1.5 cms in the left axilla measuring 11 x4 mm. Fibroadenoma is obsevered. Please doctor suggest what is resolution to solve this.
My periods has started on 13 th April at 11 am. And ends at 17th April at 11 am. And now 19 th April today I was wake up in morning blood has there in my cloths. When it happens didn't know. But now no problem. And 18 th April I was vomited. I don't know what is the symptoms shown. And main thing is last month on May 28 I eat my boy friends semen. And he put his fingers to my vagina. And last month periods was start on 20 th may. Now why this symptoms shown. Periods over after one day blood has come.
My baby is of 51/2 months and still on breastfeed. Can I start with something else? and if yes, then what it can be?
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
1. Does my vagina smell unpleasant?
You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
2. What to do in case the feet stink?
You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
3. In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?
A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
4. What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?
Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
5. What if my legs are unshaved?
Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
6.What if my shaved hair looks ugly?
As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
7. What is the speculum?
It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
8. Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?
This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
9. Is my vaginal discharge normal?
Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
10. What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?
The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
11. What if I do not like birth control means?
There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
12. Can I ask about my sexual problems?
Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
13. Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?
Yes, they can but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
14. Can I discuss my relationship problems?
Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
15. If I am having forced sex, should I tell?
Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
I had periods on 13th. It's a 24 days cycle. I did not get my periods till now. I am not sure whether I have conceived or not as I don't want this pregnancy. Pls let me know.
I am six month pregnant. I feel something like pop corn is bursting in my stomach. But from yesterday this symptom is disappeared. Is my baby Okay or not. Or any kind of risk.
Benefits of foods by colour
Did you know that foods can be divided into categories based on their colours and each category has a collective set of health benefits? this not only makes foods interesting, but also helps remember which food is good for which health aspect.
Foods are broadly divided into six categories based on their colors.
- White - these foods assist in immune support. Garlic, onions, white beans, potatoes, mushrooms and cauliflower fall under this category. While garlic & onions help reduce the risk of cancer in stomach, colon & rectum, white beans & potatoes help lower blood cholesterol levels. Mushrooms are known to provide the important nutrients and cauliflower contains antioxidants & is also beneficial for women who are pregnant.
- Green -these foods assist in detoxification. Peas, spinach, green beans, capsicums, kiwi, and green tea are some green foods that we can consume. They are good for your health, provide the required nutrients and also assist in detox.
- Yellow - these foods assist in beauty. Banana, yellow capsicum, squash, corn and bananas are some of the yellow foods that we eat. They are full of carotenoids and bioflavonoids which all help maintain our skin, bone and teeth health.
- Orange - these foods assist in cancer prevention. Carrots, oranges, etc are some orange foods that we eat. They are good for the heart, protect our eyes and also boost our immune system.
- Red - these foods support better heart health. They are packed with antioxidants and vitamins. Red chillies, red capsicum, cherries and tomatoes, apples, etc are some red foods that we eat.
- Purple - these foods assist in longevity. Few purple foods that we eat are onions, blackberries, grapes, etc. They fight ulcer, help kill cancer, prevent urinary tract infection and are good for the heart & the liver.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.