Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MohanambalYour feedback matters!
one of my friend is mc issue...she is not getting it on regular monthly intervals. some time it got skip for 3 to 4 months....pls advice
See your doctor for a pre-pregnancy checkup. Don't forget to ask about things like family medical history, risk of birth defects, genetic conditions, and chronic illnesses. Discuss all the medications you take and make sure they're safe during pregnancy.
In addition to eating a healthy diet (lots of leafy greens, lean proteins, and fiber), boost your nutrients with a multivitamin specially formulated for pregnancy -- usually called a prenatal vitamin. It's particularly important to get sufficient folic acid before getting pregnant. This nutrient helps prevent birth defects like spina bifida; because many of these conditions arise very early in pregnancy, you need healthy levels of folic acid right from the start. Look for a multivitamin that contains 400 micrograms of folic acid. Ask your doctor or midwife to recommend a vitamin for you.
If you smoke, quit. Smoking poses a host of risks to a developing baby, including birth defects and low birth weight. It also doubles your risk of having an ectopic pregnancy. You may also find it more difficult to become pregnant in the first place if you smoke, as smoking is strongly linked with infertility in both women and men.
Get checked for hepatitis b and c, sexually transmitted infections, and hiv.
Get any health problems -- like diabetes and high blood pressure -- under control. If you are seriously overweight, talk to your doctor about how to maintain a healthy weight.
I am 21 years old. I am pregnant for approx 2 months bt we r not prepared to continue this bt there is a problem that I have already aborted 3 times past. So what need to do plss suggest me.
Hello doctor m 20 years old. I has unprotected sex on 28 th of sept after which I took unwanted 72 pill. Then I got my periods next day on 29 th. N today is 10 th day and m still getting blood spots on my underwear. The bleeding hasn't stopped. Whts the reason. Pls help.
I am removed my both ovaries last 4th years ago. Now I have started some pain in my stomach. Kindly advise for the same.
From past few days I had been getting intimate a lot of time and now I have started to bleed and the blood is coming g out in the form of lumps. I had sex on 22 may early morning and took contraceptive pill around 9 in the night on 22 may, the next day wen we got Intimate I had few rashes and a burning sensation after a gap of 2 day he again ejected that Is on 24 or 25 which I exactly don't remember and today is 26 may wen we had sex and I did bleed pretty much and wen I went to washroom. The blood was in the form of big lumps.
My wife's last period's first day was on 2nd of feb, can you tell me in which period I can do sex without any precautions to avoid pregnancy.
Drink 1/2 a glass or full glass of water every time you go for micturation. Drinking water will help you loose weight, help you in proper digestion because of which gastric problem gets cured, hard stools and constipation get cured. People with kidney problems should ask your doctor before starting this practice. Thank you.
I am 29 years old. 9 years married and have 2 sons. MY husband don't like to use condoms so 3 months before did copper, now a days we did sexual intercourse most of days in week. MY question is as my husband age is 45 so is there any chance of any bad effects on his health? Also I want to know is there any chance to not work copper and pregnancy? Please help. Thank you.
The inflammation of the lower part of uterus in the reproductive system is called Cervicitis. This lower part of uterus eventually leads into the vagina in the female reproductive system in humans is called the cervix uteri or in simple words, cervix.
Causes: Inflammation in the cervix is caused due to irritation, infection or injury to the cells, which align the cervix. Any one of a number of infections, mainly sexually transmitted diseases can cause cervicitis, of which the most common are chlamydia , mycoplasma , ureaplasma and gonorrhea. Chlamydia accounts for almost 40% of the total cases. Less common causes of cervicitis are Trichomoniasis (Trichomonas vaginalis) and Genital herpes. Other than STDs, causes for Cervicitis include allergies, bacterial imbalance, injury or irritation resulting from pessaries, tampons, hormonal imbalance and even cancer or its treatment (radiation therapy).
Symptoms: Some cases of cervicitis in women can be symptomless. However, in most cases, symptoms are present, and they include:
- Persistence of gray or white vaginal discharge that may or may not smell
- Vaginal bleeding under certain conditions eg. in between periods or after sex
- Pain during intercourse
- Difficulty or pain during urination
- In rare cases, fever or pain in the abdomen
Treatment: Cervicitis has no typical form of treatment. Treatment may not be needed in cases where the cause is not a sexually transmitted infection. On suspicion of an infection, the main objectives of the treatment are the removal of the infection and obstructing its spread to the fallopian tubes and uterus, or in case of pregnancy, to the baby.
The medical prescription issued by your doctor would depend on the organism, which is causing the infection. It may include Antibiotics, Antifungal medications or Antiviral medications. Cryosurgery, a process, which freezes the abnormal cells in the cervix using freezing temperatures, may also be performed by your doctor. In severe cases, where there is damage to the cervical cells, your doctor can apply silver nitrate (destroys abnormal cells).
Your doctor may also recommend your partner to take the treatment, so as to prevent recurrence of the disease and to avoid intercourse as long as the treatment is in process. Treatment is mandatory if you are tested to be HIV positive. Moreover, having cervicitis makes you more prone to receive the virus from a HIV positive partner.
I had a bigger breasts few year before and now its going smaller n smaller day by day. I do not know whats the problem. Please tell how can I bring back my breasts like before and what is the reason its becoming smaller?
Can I know when is the safe period for sex in girls to not become pregnant my girlfriend had periods 28 of last month.
Are you a fast-eater? as a child most of us are told to slow down, chew the food well and only then gulp it down. Most of us have been told time and again to slow down and chew while eating. Yet, some people continue with the habit of eating fast. This might change if they knew what their speed of eating can do to their body.
Evils of eating food very fast -
1. Slows digestion - eating and swallowing fast means that the food has not been chewed properly. This delays and complicates the process of digestion. For proper digestion, the food needs to be broken down. Also, when we do not chew properly, the food that goes down the throat, is accompanied by lesser saliva, the enzymes of which are needed for the digestion to begin.
2. Can make you bloated - while eating in a hurry, chances are also there that we swallow air along without food. This makes are bloated and also gives us stomach gas.
3. Makes you eat more - to feel full, the brain and the stomach need to be at the same page to emit the signal of fullness. However, if you don't chew and just swallow, the brain-stomach coordination will break and you will end up eating more than what you need to.
4. Leads to weight gain - overeating will lead to problems like weight gain, indigestion, etc.
5. May choke you - more than thirty different muscles are required to swallow and if eating in a hurry, you increase the chance of food going down the wrong pipe, which can choke you.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am 17 right nw and im having periods but problem is that they are very much irregular my periods have nt came since 8 months and we have also done sonography we shows everything normal but the lack of hemoglobin so in this case what I should do?
Lung capacity (or total lung capacity) refers to the total volume of air contained in the lungs after one complete inhalation and is a direct summation of your respiratory capacity and residual capacity (the amount you inhale and the amount your lungs can keep). A diminished lung capacity can stem from a number of conditions such as asthma, emphysema, lung cancer, or from bad habits such as excessive smoking. This, however, can be combated by a number of means.
1. Breathing exercises:
- Deep breathing: Research has shown, that taking long deep breaths, which basically encompasses inhaling for as long as possible and holding your breath for about 15-20 seconds can work wonders in increasing lung capacity if it can be carried out several times a day.
- Splashing water on your face: Splashing water on your face while holding breath lowers the heart rate, and prepares the body in the same way as if you were about to go swimming. This will automatically increase your lung's capacity to hold air.
- Try meditation: Closing your eyes and meditating for long periods may also prove to be beneficial. The lesser the amount of energy that you expend, the more air the lungs can hold.
2. Physical exercises:
- Engage in rigorous cardiovascular activities: Increased cardiovascular exercising, including aerobics, running, cycling is very useful, as it pushes your body to exhaustion, thus forcing your lungs to work harder - in turn, increasing its capacity.
- Increase water-based exercises: Swimming or exercising in water is very beneficial for the body as it adds an element of resistance to your training regime and overworks your lungs to supply enough oxygen, making them work better.
- Try exercising at higher elevations: This often works as a foolproof way of increasing lung capacity. Higher altitudes have lower oxygen supply. Thus, overworking your lungs by engaging in intense workouts can be very beneficial for your lungs.
3. Long-term training exercises:
- Increase your resistance: Breathe in high quantities of air, and take time before releasing it completely and do it very slowly. This forces your lungs to hold air longer, thus stretching them out.
- Overwork your brain: Try to breathe in extra - more than what you normally do. This forces your brain to work overtime to make sure that the lungs have the capacity to take in that excess air. This will greatly increase lung capacity in the long run.