Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan ThanikachalamYour feedback matters!
Sir I have black pigmentation marks on my whole face n also open pores my skin is oily sir tell m what should I do.
Hi sir I have pimples problem, sometime I fill itching and redness on my face and it's dry also and up side on nose is blackheads and when I do exercise then some white thing come out on my face specially side of nose what I do?
I have mosquitoes mark on my hand n leg since 10 years n now I m 23 years old. Plzz suggest me home made remedy to cure with this problem n other remedy if possible.
Dear sir/madam Ambrish here 25 age actually by birth my face skin colour was fair looking at the time when I was studying 2 puc later in my face getting regular acne/pimples so I have not taken any treatment till, now in my face because of pimples face looking dull and more black marks for that I need best suggestion from your side to get back my earlier skin color I'm waiting for your best reply.
Dear Doctor's, I am having white like dust and its itachi on my head, I do hair bath twice a week, having a fought that can I wash my hair daily with water. Or any problems occurs while doing daily hair wash by water.?
I have tan in my face from 2 years. And am suggested by doctor with sabiglow face cream and am using this from 15 days and I don't c any effect in it. please help me on this.
Eyes k nichey kaley marks bht zyada ho gye hey or face pe barik barik spots ho rhe hey because me tention me bht rehti hu docter or nind nhi ati mjhe plzx help me.
I have dark spots and deep pores on my face. What cream and facewash should I have to use on my face? And also my face becomes sometimes too dry and sometimes too oily.
Good evening doctor, im asha 18 years old, I'm bit brownish dark in colour, to become fair n get glowing skin soon as possible what can I do.
Chronic kidney disease or CKD is the decreased function of the function of the kidney for a minimum of three months or more. In this the end stage renal disease usually refers to the end of the kidney function where the kidneys work for less than 15% of what they are supposed to. The kidneys play a vital role in the human body and if they do not function properly then a person can die. The functioning of many organs depends on the kidneys. However, the main function of the kidneys is to remove the products and regulate blood and water, control blood pressure, promote healthy and strong bones, and produce hormones.
Here are 5 facts about kidney disease you should know about:
1. Causes of the kidney disease: There are two main common causes of the end-stage kidney disease. These are preventable causes. These are diabetes and high blood pressure, but then kidney disease can be caused by other inherited diseases such as infection, trauma or polycystic kidney disease.
2. Serious Stages: The kidney disease has five stages and stage 5 is known as the end stage renal disease; this is the point where patients usually need dialysis or kidney transplant to lead a sane life. The stages of kidney disease are:
Stage 1 – Slight kidney disease
Stage 2 – Mild decrease in kidney function
Stage 3 – Moderate decrease in kidney function
Stage 4 – Severe decrease in kidney function
Stage 5 – End stage renal disease
3. Detection of the disease: Kidney disease is usually difficult to detect because of the presence of very few symptoms. Age, gender along with the blood test is one way to determine information regarding kidney function. The people who are at a risk of getting kidney disease are:
- Over the age of 55 years
- People who suffer from hypertension and diabetes
- Ethnic groups such as Asians, Africans, Americans, Pacific Islanders and Hispanics
4. Signs and Symptoms: CKD is usually considered to be a silent disease and many people don’t know that they are suffering from the disease. The signs and symptoms of the disease are:
- Fatigue and weakness
- Nausea, vomiting and loss of appetite
- Numbness and headaches in hand and feet
- Frequent urination
5. Renal Replacement Treatment: This is the treatment for the end stage of the kidney disease. Dialysis involves the replacement of some part of the lost function of the kidneys and is usually continued throughout life. There are 2 types of dialysis:
- Hemodialysis: This cleans the blood via an artificial kidney which is hooked to the machine
- Peritoneal Dialysis: This removes the excess water and waste products and cleans the blood of the body by using the peritoneal cavity as a filter.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.