Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Rao PYour feedback matters!
Chlamydia is a very common STI caused by bacteria. Those patients who are suffering from chlamydia usually don't see the side effects in the early stages, which makes it that much more difficult to diagnose it. Chlamydia can bring about a lot of severe problems in the later stages. These include not being able to get pregnant later or causing dangers in pregnancies. This disease is often easily spread since it shows no noticeable symptoms and can be passed on the partner very easily. 75% of the infection in women and 50% of the infections in men cannot be noticed and are without any symptoms.
Symptoms: Since the side-effects are not always visible, when they do happen, they are normally recognizable within one to three weeks of contacting and include the following:
In women these are:
- Vaginal discharge with strong odour
- Abnormal bleeding during periods
- Excruciating periods
- Stomach pain with fever
- Pain while engaging in sexual activities
- Burning around the vagina
- Pain during urination
- Cloudy discharge from the tip of the penis
- Excruciating pain while urinating
- Burning around the opening of the penis
- Swelling and pain in the testicles
Treatment: Chlamydia is easily treatable. Since it is bacterial in nature, it's treated with anti-infection agents. Following are some of the most common treatments for chlamydia in men as well as women:
1. Azithromycin is an anti-infection generally recommended in large dosage, yet the dosage may be spread out more than 5 days.
2. Doxycycline is an anti-microbial that must be taken twice every day for around one week. Your specialist may recommend different anti-infection agents.
Regardless of which antibiotic you are given, you should follow the dosage guidelines properly to ensure the infection is cured completely. This can take up to two weeks, even with the single-dosage medications.
Try not to engage in sexual relations while your treatment is going on. Unfortunately, you can get chlamydia again in case you're uncovered, regardless of the fact that you've had it and it was treated.
Women with extreme chlamydia infection may require hospitalisation, intravenous anti-microbial and painkillers. Your doctor might use a few tests to diagnose chlamydia. He or she will probably take samples from your urethra and cervix and then send it for further analysis. There are also other tests that include urine samples for presence of bacteria. Sometimes, even blood tests are taken depending upon your symptoms or in case the doctor is not able to diagnose it with previous methods and tests.
After taking the medication, individuals should get a follow-up on the treatment after three months to make certain that the disease is cured. This is highly important in case you are not sure whether your partner has been treated or not.
My friend is very weak and sexual power is very low. Which medicine of increase the body and sex power.
I'm suffering of bronchial asthma & allergic rhinitis since my childhood. I'm using Aerocort inhaler now to prevent my asthma but in Aug to Oct it triggers. What treatments should I take to fight my childhood problems. Please advice me good treatment to prevent me from congestion in my sinus and in my chest.
Hello sir/madam mujhe scabies hai. bahut khujli hoti hai legs me. mene indore me Doctor Ko bataya hai kuch din to sahi hui thi par wapis pahale jesi ho gyi hai khujli abhi to. Please aap iska upay bataiye.
I am 29 year old male, height 5'9 n weighing 90 kg. Recently we started playing football (with studs) and got hit on shin (during play) now when I play my ankle as well as the place where I got on shin (little swollen) starts aching. It gets all right when I put ointment and give it rest but when I play again it (both sides of ankle n shin) start giving unbearable pain. Kindly help!
I am 22 years old female, having headache migraine from long back. I was taking medicines and then shift to ayurvedic treatment. It was under control, but by the past 2 days I can not bear the pain and cough is also there. Due to which am suffering from bleeding throat and slight nose bleeding also due to the pressure. What should I do?
My wife aged 34 years was suffering from anemia last year had been on medicines since 1 year recently did her checkup TSH value is 7.52 and haemoglobin is 12.3 problem in conceiving prescribe medicine ASAP thanks.
I am feeling irritation in my throat with dryness and lot of cold. I am sneezing a lot from last 2-3 days. I had 1 cetrizine for last night but no improvement.
I am 31 years old. I cannot do sex more than 15 mins because for me urine will come quickly. My wife was not satisfied. I have to use any tables while doing sex time. Can you give any suggestion in this matter.
Fear of performance threat. Partial Erectile dysfunction hb=15 testosterone 675 .age 35 please suggest a treatment.
I have pain in my back side of my head I watch excess mobile first I have pain in left eye then it goes back wht can I do how to prevent this problem pls help.
She is having sexual desire but interest is not coming while having sex. How to increase that internal enjoyment that is zero now.
From past 2 days I am feeling indigestion. Nausea and vomiting sensation. It's causing great sense of discomfort. I am feeling the way the air sick people feel when they are flight. I am having small meals and there is no problem while having them but after sometime I am feeling extreme fullness as though I have eaten a lot. Please suggest any home remedies with no side effects. Tell the possible causes of this condition.
I am having frequent urination from. Last night and fever too. And from few days I am noticing difficulty in urinating. Is it UTI or kidney disease?
My problem is when I do sex I am release less then one minute I want more time. So which medicine is best for instant increase sex time.
My marriage was in the year 2012. Till now we have no children. Husbands semen was analysed count was 60. And motility 28. I go through follicular study. Dr. told egg was not raptured. And took 3 injection per month. Is there any prblm doctor. I am totally upset. Is there any chance to carry a baby.
Sir mere ko gas ki problm h pichle 3saal se kya ye thik ho sakti h aur gas mere chest main pain karti h aur sans lene m dikat hoti h gas ki vajah se.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
- Potato chips: Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
- Sticky food: Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
- Wine: According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
- Coffee and black tea: Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
- Carbonated drinks: Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
- Sports drinks: Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.