Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Occupational Therapists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan Premkumar
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan PremkumarYour feedback matters!
Doctor. Sir. I. Have played cricket everyday my. Right leg. Is. So painful and. If. I. Play. One hour. My. Body feels. Fully tired.. I. Am. Always sleep and. Don't eat properly. please Tel me. To. Improve my health. And I. Want Back to play cricket.
My blood sample reports showed up and the ESR rate is 30.00 while maximum normal rate is 10.00. I'm currently suffering from inflammation issue in my hip bone and therefore the test is done. Can you help me with this? What would be its consequences?
Sir im 21 years. I have a l5-s1 disc extrusion in spine since 5 months. How to cure my problem homeo or ayurvedic which is best to cure my problem? and body pains also.
I am 36 years old women I am severely suffering from hand pain for minimum of one months doctor advised me to take complete rest and also prescribed pain relief tablets but pain is not reduced he told that two nerves combined and scratching the muscle layer what is the prescription please help.
I am 52 year old, male, weighing about 90 kgs having knee joint pain and complete body pain from past 6 years. Some doctors have put so many restriction on food. What to do, how to reduce my body weight.
I have Elbow pain. For last 2 days. Pains most of the time. Left elbow only. No treatments done. After a long time of folding the elbow, very difficult to stretch it. Please help me sir.
I have issue in my right leg. It is paining when I sit for few hours. Please try to give me the solution for this.
Suddenly having pain in right shoulder joint without reason it happened twice can't move hand if pain killer takes getting relief.
An elementary knowledge of biology tells you how important joints are for the overall functionality of a human body. If not for biology experience teaches us the inevitable importance of joints. The link between a tooth and the jawbone is also a joint. Without joints the human body would have been in bits and pieces.
Having known that, you should also try to remember or understand how disabling joint pains can be. They hardly let you move a limb and can also cripple you for life. Knee joint pain can hinder a person's free movement. Knees bear the entire load of your body; they support your frame. Knee joint pain should therefore be a cause for alarm.
Going by the following ways can relieve you of knee joint pain:
- Maintain a healthy weight: Carrying extra pounds can exert additional pressure on your joints and contribute to knee pain. If you're overweight, losing as little as 5 percent of your body weight can help relieve the stress on your knees. Talk to your doctor about developing a healthy eating plan and exercise program to help you lose weight sensibly.
- Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy: Talk to your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Good choices for people with knee pain include walking and swimming. Be sure to warm up before and cool down after exercising. Avoid hilly terrain and high-impact activities like running and jumping, as these can worsen knee pain.
- Give physical therapy a try: Physical and occupational therapy often are helpful for people with knee pain. A physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints. Occupational therapy can teach you how to reduce strain on your knees in your daily activities.
- Get enough rest and relaxation: Sure, physical activity is important, but rest and relaxation can go a long way to promote good health - and reduce pain. Achieve a healthy balance in your life by learning stress-relief techniques like deep breathing and meditation.
- Make sure you're getting enough sleep: No question-arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health, so if you are having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor. Proper pain management can help break the cycle to help you slumber soundly.
- Use Ice and/or Heat: For many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness. Ask your doctor about how to safely use an ice pack and/or a warm towel or heating pad. A hot shower in the morning or warm bath before bed at night also may be helpful.
- Apply a topical pain reliever: A number of over-the-counter and prescription creams, gels, sprays and patches are available to help relieve arthritis pain. These pain relievers contain ingredients like capsaicin, salicylates, menthol, or a combination of medicines. Ask your doctor if one of these products might be right for you.
- Consider Injections: Persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain, and hyaluronic acid, which can help replenish lubricating substances in the knee. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
- Talk to Your Doctor about Surgery: If you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.