Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, this is apparao 40 years Male. Am suffering from legs joint pains from last 10 days. When am doing heavy work it will swelling some times. Please suggest which treatment can I taken thank you.
80 years, 90 kg, Cough and asthmatic condition since 2 days, today increased very much, both chest and back pain, shortness of breath, frequent coughing, every 5,20 second, advised duolin TDs, serfleo bd some time back, but not taking for last six month's, started today, not much relief, what to do now in night, she can not sleep.
I am 28 years old I had back pain for past 6 years and I had seen many doctors they do no what's my prob is in above the motion place I had 3 small hole and its painfully when the prob is :start.
Due to continueios sitting for 8 to 10 hours daily for last 1 year and daily journey of 60 to 100 km I suffered from waist pain. Please advise.
I have back pain and knee because four year before I had an accident and i have also diabetes. What is the solution ?
Knee pain is something that can affect anyone - irrespective of their age. While sometimes it may be of minor importance - and can easily be handled by self-care, often, lingering pain is a manifestation of some other serious underlying problem, such as arthritis. In this case, it is imperative that you consult a doctor and take appropriate measures to combat it.
Arthritis: The chief cause of lingering knee pain, arthritis itself can be of a number of types:
- Osteoarthritis, which is a result of deterioration of cartilages due to wear and tear
- Rheumatoid Arthritis, an inflammatory chronic disorder
- Septic Arthritis, causing pain, swelling and redness.
- Gout caused due to the development of uric acid crystals in the joints
Soft tissues around knee can cause knee pain similar to osteoarthritis Bursa around knee can cause inflammation and pain Tendon insertion can cause insertional tendinopathy All these are amenable to conservative and non-invasive therapies like cold packs , NSAIDs, and local hydrocortisone injections. Tendinopathy responds very well to ESWT( Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy).
Fractures: These are caused by the breaking up of the kneecap due to falls or collisions.
ACL Injuries: Caused due to the tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament (that connects the femur and the shinbone). Especially common in sportspersons such as footballers or basketball players.
Meniscus tears: The meniscus or the rubber-like cartilage (that acts as a shock absorber) can be torn by sudden jerks or excess pressure.
Symptoms:The major symptoms of knee pain include weakness, redness, instability, stiffness or the inability to properly straighten or move the leg. Often, a deformity is also visible, such as a bone sticking out of the leg - in which case it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.
- Possible risks: Factors which include the odds of being inflicted by knee pain and cause serious complications include :
- Being overweight: This exponentially increases the stress or pressure that is applied on the knee joints - even in doing mundane tasks like walking up and down stairs.
- Excessive physical activity: Some activities, such as sports apply excess stress on the knees as compared to other tasks.
- Loss of muscle flexibility: Tightness or weakness in muscles causes increasing number of problems in the knees. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an orthopedist.