Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohan Kameswaran S
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Kameswaran SYour feedback matters!
Before 20-25 day I was suffering from thorat infection with swollen and red tonsils with white patches inside throat near the tonsils. What kind of symptoms are this? I have been smoking from 6 year. Please tell mi this symptoms are of the throat cancer or not?
I need permanent treatment for tonsillitis/tonsils. I consult with many doctors/ENT specialist, took lots of medicines/anti-biotic but after few days tonsils activate again. Please suggest me any method or any medicine/treatment.
What is meant by throat infection? How it will effect for any person? How can I recover from throat infection? Please suggest any medicine for that? Is there any natural remedies available for throat infection?
I am having a problem of nose bleeding. Blood comes frequently, once in 3-4 days sometimes once in a week or 2. But definitely comes in 2 days of eating chicken or having whiskey.
I suffer from sinusitis with no smelling sensation, crackling sound in ears. Heaviness in forehead while leaning forward down. Mild watery discharge from nose since last one year. Tried homeopathy and Miami treatment but problems still persist.
My problem is ear ringing. Before 15 years ago used head phone continuously for song purpose had to given vocal. So l am suffering now this problem. I have no found any solution. Please advise me.
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes(This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
The symptoms of tinnitus include
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.