Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
Hii, my mom is suffering from diabetes/sugar these days her weight reduces upto 20 kg due to sugar she is getting week day by day. She is 45 years old. What fruits and foods she should take to improve herself.
diabetic Type 2 .on Lantus 24 units daily. Besides Janumet 500 and ZorylMV2 .Sugar at 150 HBIC at 7 .Erection problem since 7 years and no sex since 2009 .any quick fix possible.
My grandfather has diabetes. His diabetes has increased and reached by 350. Now he is not able to see from his one eye. What should we do to control his diabetes.
My mother is a type-2 diabetic and she always have a sugar level between 300 and 400, please suggest me the food to bring her sugar levels down.
Having bournvita (100 mg) twice a day with hot milk (without sugar added) unhealthy for body. I am 25 years old. And bournvita packaging says it has so much vitamin's and iron.
Am aged 54 diabetic patient. Glucose (F)- 133 mg/dl: serum cholestrol(Total)- 254 mg/dl : serum TGL - 279 mg/dl : HDL - 51 : LDL: 147 : VLDL - 56 mg/dl: HBA1C = 8.4 % : Hemoclobin = 14.1.% : liver function test SGPT = 26 LU/LI : Wartenberg pinwheel test =normal : Foot sensation: RIGHT/LEFT = 10 on 6 sites. Often affected by Urinal infection on that time pain at back and front left side down belly. Also gastic there. Give good medicine ?
My father age is 55. He goes toilet every night at midnight even he is shivering with cold. He thinks its diabetes also very bad smell is obervse sometimes in toilet and his health is going down by down his weight is nowdays around 60. He has a problem of critinine sugar so he has do all blood tests sugar critinine his reports are normal so he again do his tests again reports are normal now can't understand what's the reason. Why health is going down after reports are normal. I want to know the symptoms of sugar remedies causes of critinine remedy of critinine and also want to know food diet for such type and also age factor so I want to know diet for such so that his weight n health can be good day by day. Want some good advice suggestions honestly.
My wife is sugar patient. Her fasting test is 165 and PP is 200. Since last six month her stomach is not fit. Often she got loose motion. My family doctor done ultrasound in ultrasound every thing was OK. But lever was mild enlarge and infected. Doctor give her Oflaxin 200, flagyl and librax. But problem is not cure. Please give suitable advise and medicine. For sugar she is taking Glimprix MF 500, Voglistar MD 3mg and for blood pressure Tenoclor 25 MG.
Dear Sir, I have suffering from Uric acid I take the medicine Feburic Acid 80 Mg but I want to know how many time (period) it will be taken?
Diabetes has always been a mysterious home to many diseases. It reduces quality of erection. However, there are ways you can enhance your love life, by involving some strategies, such as:
- Approach sex like exercise: This helps prevent dreaded blood sugar lows.If you use insulin, check your blood sugar before sex and have a snack if it's low.
- Just go with it: Planning can be helpful, but don't sweat it if sex just happens.There's no reason not to grab the opportunity if it pops up just because you haven't followed your diabetes exercise routine.
- Use a lubricant: If you are a woman with vaginal dryness, a vaginal lubricant can make sex feel better. Ask your doctor about using one regularly, not just during sex.
- Prepare a sex arsenal kit: Keep anything you might need for optimal sex next to the bed.If you're a woman, you may want to have a lubricant in your kit. Feel free to include massage oils.
- Get a room: Treat yourself and your partner to a night at a local hotel. It's a great libido enhancer.Plan it days in advance.It's planning, but it's planning something fun.
- Get in some practice: If you are a man who uses a device like a vacuum pump or constriction band to help with erectile dysfunction, take time to learn how to use it right.
- Creativity is sexy: If you have trouble getting aroused, stretch beyond your go-to bedroom moves. Try out new positions. Explore different ways to climax. Most women don't climax from intercourse alone, anyway. Some men can have an orgasm from prostate stimulation.
- Limit alcohol: A little alcohol may boost your desire, but drinking can also make your blood sugar level drop quickly. If you drink alcohol, you might sip some champagne during intimacy.
- Get help for emotional issues: depression, anxiety, poor self-image, and other emotional concerns can hurt your sex life. And if you have a partner, sex troubles can put stress on your relationship.
- Relax: How you feel about your diabetes can set the stage for sex. With diabetes, you have to expect the unexpected.
You can think of a formula in your mind for better,increased, steamier sex life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Metformin to be taken after or with meals and voglibose(ppg) to be taken before meals. How to match the two in a combination drug i. E when to take the combined ppg-met 0. 3 drug, before or after?
What the effect of increase in uric acid (7.6mg%), shot (ast) 56 iu/L, shot (alt) 116 Iu/L What problem happen due to this please tell me in details.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that can easily be managed by controlling our diet. Along with being aware of your sugar intake, your diet should help you lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. However, this does not mean you have to resign yourself to a lifetime of tasteless food.
Here are a few diet tips that can help manage diabetes:
- Choose high fiber carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are an essential element of the daily diet but have a huge impact on blood sugar levels. Hence, it is important to pick the right carbohydrates. Your diet should have a limited amount of refined carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, soda etc. and should be focused more on high fiber carbohydrates such as brown rice, sweet potatoes, rolled oats and bran flakes that are digested slowly. This prevents your body from producing excessive insulin.
- Be sweet smart: The key to indulge your sweet tooth and controlling diabetes is moderation. Abruptly, removing sugar from your diet can make you crave for it. Instead, gradually lower your sugar intake. If you can't miss out on the dessert at the end of a meal, reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your meal. Adding healthy fats like peanut butter, yogurt or nuts to your dessert can also slow down the digestive process and thus control blood sugar level.
- Keep a food diary: When you are diabetic, it is very important to eat at regular intervals. Eating frequent, small meals are often better than fewer large meals. Try and maintain a food diary to keep track of your calorie intake. This helps identify problem areas of where your body is getting excessive calories from. When you are aware of the calories associated with things you eat, it is easier to cut down on snacks and replace unhealthy snacks with healthier options.
- Choose fats wisely: It is impossible to completely cut out fats from your diet. While some fats such as liquid vegetable oils and commercial baked goods are unhealthy, others have important health benefits. Unsaturated fats are the healthiest and safest. Replacing your vegetable cooking oil for olive oil and biscuits with nuts are easy ways to make smart choices with your fat intake.
- Go green: Green leafy vegetables are low on carbohydrates and high on nutrients. Thus, make them an integral part of your meal. Vegetables like kale, spinach, lettuce, etc. can be eaten raw or cooked. Along with being nutritious, they also add texture and color to your meals, thus making them more visually appealing.