Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
I am 65 years old and having diabetes for the last 20 years. I take reclimet twice. My sugar level was fasting 120 and after meals about 180. The doctor has added galvus met twice daily. I am feeling weakness and losing weight also. Kindly suggest should I continue with galvas met or kindly suggest some other medicine.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
Testicular injury or deformed testis,
Irregular menstrual periods,
Problems with erections,
Uterus is ill-shaped,
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
Scanty sperm count,
Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
I am a retired person. I am a diabetic patient. I take Galvusmet tablet twice a day. My sugar level is almost stable. Can I get heart problem?
Sir I am 45 year male I removed my both plates in right forearm on match 2016 at that time my sugar level 134/219 after one month 110/180 andu hpa1c is 6.6 finally yesterday I checked my sugar level is 104/200 pls give suitable advice and also when I purchase accucheck for regular checking. I use cetaphil xr 500 one tablet per day.
My son is of 18 years and his cholesterol levels and uric acid levels in increasing. With high blood pressure. Please suggest me. Any home remedy to bring the uric acid and cholesterol levels in range. And please diagnose the reasons.
I am 29 years old. I take amlodac at and natrilix sr (in a week). Now my b.p is 120/90. My blood test results are uric acid 6.20, creatinine 1.29,blood sugar fasting 122, cholesterol 210, tryglisaride 190. What can I do?
I am taking thyroid tablets for past four months. What is the best vegetarian diet for hypothyroid inorder to improve proper functioning of my thyroid gland.
Pregnancy brings with it a set of challenges, and for a diabetic woman, these only increase further. Earlier, the risks of dealing with pregnancy and diabetes as a combination were too high. However, over the last few decades, things have changed. The age at which women are choosing to have a baby has gone up. On the other hand, the age of onset of diabetes has come down drastically.
These days, there are many diabetic women who go through pregnancy smoothly without major complications. Of course, there is extra care and precaution required, but it is not something that cannot be planned and managed well between the doctor and the mother-to-be.
The following are some rough guidelines for a pregnant diabetic woman.
- It increases the risk of polycystic ovaries, thereby making it difficult to conceive.
- Fluctuating sugar levels can be a reason for not being able to conceive, as the body does not see itself as healthy.
- It increased the chances of miscarriage.
- There are higher chances of birth defects in the developing baby due to very high sugar levels in the first trimester.
If you are planning for a pregnancy, meet with your doctor to review your sugar levels. Chalk out a plan with your doctor, taking into account your diet and nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, and medications.
- Diet: Ensure you cautiously decide what and how to eat ahead of your pregnancy. Moving away from refined carbohydrates and processed foods towards wholesome food items like whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables will make a difference.
- Exercise: Build an exercise routine to suit your body and keep yourself active. It is very important to stay active so that diabetes is under control.
- Lifestyle: Quit smoking and reduce alcohol use. This helps in managing stress also, which can help keep diabetes under check.
- Medications: Check with your doctor on the medicines you are taking and if dose adjustments are required to get sugar levels under control, plan them out.
During pregnancy, constant monitoring and vigilance is required to ensure diabetes is under control.
- Let your gynecologist know about your condition (stable/fluctuating), and if you are doubtful about them being able to handle your condition, do not hesitate to change.
- Many consider switching to oral medications as the risk of transmission to the baby is less and the control over sugar levels is better.
- Constant monitoring for daily blood sugars is essential.
- A regular, healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and sleeping should help keep the sugars under check.
- Constant monitoring of the baby is essential to ensure its normal growth with no developmental defects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.