Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed ZaidYour feedback matters!
My mom is suffering from thyroid she is becoming too fat. Don't know what to do. So please can you suggest me what to do?
Here are some treatments to cure infertility
I am Dr. Sharda Jain, Director of Life Care Center. I am going to talk today about our IVF centre.
As for IVF is concerned two things are very important. The male partners should be okay, should have enough see sperms in the system. Fifty five percent the patients coming for IVF have male factor. Previously when the sperms were not there in the husband semen, we used to think that he cannot father the child. Now we find that we have various methods available. Our experts have an expertise to take out the sperms from the testes and even if we retrieve about nine to ten sperms we can definitely give the baby, which is you are fathering the child. We have techniques available, very beautiful results and we do this particular technique here. XE as a technique is not separately charged. In a semi in a center our results of male infertility are very good.
Secondly as far as female is concerned we find three things are very important. She should have good amount of eggs in her system. In case, if ovaries do not have good amount of eggs, then in that particular case it is substantiated by AMH which is a hard one which tells us that the ovaries has exhausted its eggs. In that particular case we have third party egg donation program in our place and we can help you out to have a child through the donor IVF cycle. Thirdly we are very experienced in that. There are people who are coming for IVF in India nearly thirty to forty percent have underline tuberculosis. So this particular factor will rule it out and we try to see that the cavity by history scope is absolutely alright and then you are ready for an IVF pregnancy. As for the donor IVF is concerned, we have a success rate of fifty to sixty five percent and for the cell cycle we have a success rate of forty percent.
If you have any demand for IVF please visit to our site Lybrate.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir. Give me a solution for Loo's a Wait. Sir, Give me a solution to minimize sugar. Sir, Give me a solution to Loo's a fat. Sir, Give me a solution to give a long height.
My father has 220 mg/dl blood sugar level before eating and 390 mg/dl after eating. Does it serious r not? If serious which is the best way of treatment to maintain his sugar level? He is now in his early 40's.
I am a hypertension and hyperglycemia patient for last 12 years. Taking telmisartan amlodipine twice a day and for sugar glimepiride 2 mg metformin 500 mg twice a day. Sometimes it happens that I take glipizide 5 mg metformin 500 mg when others finished. Now I want to kmow whether it will have any adverse effect.
I am having high uric acid and increased liver enzymes. Can any1 suggest me medicines to be taken for keep them under control as I am already keeping check on my diet too.
Hi I am 51 years male. I am having diabatic problem since last 3 years. But it is always in control but in my recent test result of hb a1c shows 7. 2 h and random glucose is showing ony 114. Daily I am taking one tablet of glimy m 500 mg before b/f since last 2 years. Since last two months once in 20 days my right foot is getting some swelling with heavy pain. Kindly reply what I should do and whome I should consult. Thanking you sir
If you are suffering from hypothyroidism, it is important for you to deal with the condition so that your daily life and activities do not get affected. Hypothyroidism occurs when your thyroid gland becomes under active and does not produces sufficient amount of hormones. This affects the metabolism rate of your body. Hypothyroidism has several symptoms which include fatigue, constipation, dry skin, muscle cramping, hoarse voice, depression, sudden gain of weight and brittle hair and fingernails.
Here are some important tips which you should follow in order to deal with hypothyroidism and for its treatment:
- Go Gluten and A1 Casein free: Common allergies and food intolerance, which occur today are because of wheat and dairy products because of the hybridized proteins of A1 casein and gluten. These may lead to a leaky gut, as a result of which inflammation of the thyroid gland takes place. This affects the thyroid’s functioning. You should avoid grain and gluten in your diet. Try to consume dairy products coming from A2 cow’s milk.
- Avoid BPA: Bisphenol A or BPA is present in plastic bottles. These are capable of disrupting the endocrine system and also affect the thyroid gland. You should avoid drinking from plastic bottles and drink water from glass, stainless steel and plastic bottles which are BPA free.
- Check your iodine levels: In case your iodine levels are low, you should use an organic liquid supplement. Kelp is ideal for this purpose.
- Heavy metal detox: You need to detoxify your body and eliminate traces of harmful metals from your organs and cells. For this, you may use a combination of milk, turmeric, chlorella, cilantro and thistle, which are ideal for a metal detox.
- Increase your selenium intake: It is important for you to consume sufficient amounts of selenium in your everyday diet, but you should not consume them in excess. You should eat food items containing selenium in good amount such as salmon, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, mushrooms, onions and beef.
- Take adaptogen supplements: You should lower your cortisol levels and improve thyroid functioning by taking supplements such as tulsi and ashwaganda.
- Remove silver fillings: If you have amalgam fillings, you should consult a dentist and get the fillings removed.
- Lower your carbohydrate intake: You also need to reduce the amount of sugar and grains in your regular diet. Instead, take healthy fats. Consuming too much carbohydrates leads to increased estrogen, which affects thyroid negatively. Choose healthy fats like coconut oils, avocado, wild salmon, hemp seeds and flax seeds. These will help in balancing your hormone levels.
Hypothyroidism usually occurs from common causes such as toxicity due to radiation and metal exposure, deficiency of iodine and selenium, food intolerance and hormonal imbalance due to stress and excess carbohydrates.
I am 38 year old prediabetes. I want to know whether I can take sugarfree (sucralose) regularly in my tea and other recipe. I got confused because in corporate hospitals like forte, Medanta dietician do give sugarfree to the patients admitted in hospital .But in these day I read on some website that it is very harmful. Even it causes weight gain more than sugar because it is 200 times more sweeter than sugar.
My brother-in-law (age 32) was diagnosed with diabetes-2 recently (HbA1C-10 and RBS 500 at the time of diagnosis. Doctor immediately gave insulin and kept him on metformin 850 mg (BDPC) and sitagliptin 100 mg ODPC. He has changed his diet (taking cereals and millets instead of white rice. Now his sugar levels are in control and the doctor advised to continue the dosage for 3 months. Then after the tests he will adjust the dosage accordingly. Since he is taking proper diet, my sister is worried with side effects of medicine and high dosages. Is this dosage too high and dangerous?
If fasting sugar between 70 to 110 is considered as normal .then why lab test mentioned 70 to 100 as normal category and 101 to 125 as prediabetes and 125 and above as confirmed diabetic. .kindly revert n confirmed what is correct version.
I have slightly low thyroid (T3 and T4. For the past few months I feel a lot tired and sleepy all the day. Exam z coming but I can't handle it. To overcome it, intaking of sugar is Zero for me. Still m sleeping 14 hrs a day moreover I am not quite fresh and energetic. What should I do? please suggest.
I am 33 year old and diabetic since 9 months, was on medicine before 15 days. Now regularly check my Blood sugar level ,its on ave of 115 2 hour after meal, around 90-110 on fasting. I am not even taking medicine since fifteen days or so, at time I feel cold hand and feet, also feel sweating same time on my hands and feet. Why it happens? What can be the cause of this problem? Please advice.
I AM DIABETIC FOR THE LAST EIGHT YEARS. I CONTROL DIET BUT WEIGHT REDUCTION IS NOT EFFECTIVE. NOW I AM 71 KGS. BUT DOCTOR RECOMMENDS TO BE BETWEEN 58-60 KGS. PLEASE ADVICE ME.
The thyroid gland influences almost all the metabolic processes in the human body through the hormones it releases. The swelling or inflammation of this butterfly-shaped gland, when triggered by an immune response is known as Silent Thyroiditis. It can lead to hyperthyroidism i.e. the overproduction of hormones followed by hypothyroidism or insufficient hormone production.
The exact cause of this thyroid disorder is unknown but it is known to affect more women than men. Women who have just delivered a baby are also more vulnerable to this disorder. Some of the probable causes for this condition are autoimmune responses, discontinuation of steroid therapy, removal of the adrenal gland and treatment for cancer. A family history of silent thyroiditis can also increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease.
In its early stages, the symptoms of this disorder are those of a hyperactive thyroid gland. These symptoms can last for as long as 3 months. In most cases, these symptoms are mild. In some cases, people may not experience these symptoms at all and may only notice symptoms of the second stage of this disorder or hypothyroidism. The most commonly experienced symptoms of this disorder include:
Insomnia or difficulty falling asleep
Tiredness and weakness
Frequent bowel movements
Intolerance towards heat and excessive sweating
Irregular menstruation: this may be short in the early stages and heavy in later stages
Nervousness and palpitations
Hair loss and dry skin
Silent Thyroiditis can be diagnosed by a doctor through a physical examination and a few tests. Some of the signs your doctor will look out for are:
An enlarged thyroid gland
Faster heart rate
Involuntary trembling or shaking of hands
In addition to this test results which indicate Silent Thyroiditis are:
A reduced radioactive iodine uptake
Increased levels of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones in the blood
Presence of white blood cells in a thyroid biopsy
An early diagnosis can help make the treatment of this disorder easier. The treatment of this disease is dependent on the symptoms showcased. Beta blockers are commonly prescribed to relieve the excessive sweating and rapid heartbeat.
In most cases, the acute phase of this disorder will end in three months and the condition will resolve itself within a year. Over time, some people may develop hypothyroidism as a result of this condition. Hence, you should get yourself regularly checked up even after the symptoms have disappeared. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist..