Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed HussainYour feedback matters!
Researchers have shown people with gum diseases are twice as likely to suffer from heart problems than others.
Most of us suffer from some or the other dental problem in our lifetime. Majority of these problems are attributed to tooth decay. Tooth decay or cavities occur when bacteria living in the mouth produce a strong acid that slowly deteriorates the health of the teeth. If left untreated such decays will lead to infection, causing extreme pain and eventually tooth loss. To prevent this, dental fillings are done. Fillings are also used to repair broken or cracked teeth. Here is everything you need to know about fillings.
What is a Dental Filling?
A dental filling is one of the most commonly used methods that can restore the normal functioning and shape of the tooth, which may have been damaged due to tooth decay. These fillings close off the spaces where bacteria can set in and cause further decay. This protects the surrounding tissues too as food and bacteria accumulated in cavities can harm gums too.
Procedure of Dental Filling:
Before a filling session, the dentist will carry out proper assessment of your teeth. Dental X-rays may be used to ascertain the extent of the damage. This can be followed by a procedure with which the dentist will clean out the affected area of the tooth. After the decay has been cleaned out, the cavity will be filled with desired filling material.
Types of Dental Fillings:
There are various kinds of dental fillings. Let us find out a little bit about each kind.
- Gold Filling: These are made in a laboratory before they are cemented in place. These fillings are known to last over two decades thanks to the fact that they are tolerated exceptionally well by the gum tissue. This is also an expensive option, which will require multiple visits to the dental clinic.
- Amalgam Filling: These are also known as silver fillings and are usually an alloy containing tin, silver, and other metals, which bond well with the teeth. Many Dentists today are advising against the use of these fillings as it has been proved that mercury content in these fillings can harm the body.
- Composite Resin Filling: These kinds of fillings are matched to the colour of your teeth for a natural appearance. These are the most commonly uses fillings today as they fulfill most of the criteria we would desire from a dental filling.
- Porcelain Filling: These are known as inlays or onlays. These fillings are used in restorations where a large part of the tooth structure has been lost. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.
What is the solution for throat pain, and also blisters on the tongue, the blisters are like paining a lot while eating any spicy food, please give me a solution.
I'm suffering from mouth ulcers can you please give me tips to control this and I have so much heat in my body so this is happening every time.
I am 21 year old male. My teeth become yellow till evening although I brush my teeth daily. I don't chew any type of pan Masala.
Hi I am 25 years old and my teeth are in yellowish color from 20 years. What should I understand from that?
Dental Treatment Under Sedation/general Anaesthesia I
Providing the highest quality dental treatment for all patients is the motto of dental practitioners.In order to achieve the same,complete chair-side cooperation is an important requirement.There are various factors and situations where the same is not achieved either in part or full like:
a) very young age of child patient
b) physical or mental dis-ability of some kind preventing the same
c) phobic patients or patients with past bad,painful and traumatic experience
d) extensive treatments requiring high number of patients affecting the cooperation.
In these cases the dental treatment under sedation/general anaesthesia is a very effective,safe and valuable treatment alternative.
These treatment are general done by specially trained dental surgeons mainly pediatric dentists who with their team of doctors essentially anesthetists,pediatricians and pediatric dentists undertake such treatments in a safe and sound manner.
There are small cuts on tongue specially in center but no pain and problem in eating. please. Suggest medicine if any.
My mom has a problem of excess saliva secretion, she always has a running saliva from her mouth and she is not clear in her words, she can not talk clearly.
16. Wean your baby off the bottle early to avoid them developing dental problems.