Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I feel very tired and my body is in hard pain from three days. And I have hard headache from today. Please give me a best prescription and allopathic medicines.
I am 32 yrs old male married, am addicted to booze (drink). With out booze I am uncontrollable my self please suggest me.
I am 18 year old male, I am a student and wanted to ask is amway ginkgo biloba with ginseng safe to use to enhance memory.
I am addicted to pan masala and tobacco.(most commonly rajnigandha tulsi. I really want to quit not j ust because it harms my body but because it doesn't go with my personality and social status, people I sit with in my office or society. Please help.
I can't concentrate on one thing for more than 5 seconds. I feel strain in between my eyes. Kind of a headache. Have been going through this since childhood. Is there a cure?
Hi. My sister is about 19 years. She is mentally disable since her childhood. When she was younger she remained calm. But as she grew up her condition is worsening. Now the condition is that she harm herself she became very aggressive. Tear off even her clothes. A doctor suggested tablets of aspedon (resperedon, at start she used 2 mg dose. But now she is used to that so we started giving her 4 mg dose. But still this medicine effects only for 24 hours. The next day her aggression even worsened. Please suggest what to do now. than.
I have an attention and anxiety issue for as long as I can remember? are there any tests that can be done to check for adhd and other issues?
I have an mentally stressed on my mind how can I solve this problem to make recover from this problem and how to over come my stress.
What is the symptoms of dengue and I have fever for over last 4 days and what should I do if I have pain in my full body.
I have a daughter who is 8years old. I also have a son who is 6years old. My daughter is very sensitive and therefore most of the times she is in extreme mood either happy or sad. If she is sad, she will cry for every small things, incident. We try very hard to remain calm and composed with her but her problem of this over sensitivity is too much. She also has this feeling that we like son more than her which is definitely the case. She also do not listen to us and when things go wrong she repents by weeping a lot. Kindly advise I have not consulted any psychologist.
I am 52 under now suddenly no work under mentally sick lot of negative thoughts always under depressed mode lost interest in life. This condition is affecting my digestion induced to gastric Local doctor told to stop milk products. Any advice please.
In order to determine whether a person is having a drug problem, there are several signs, which can be interpreted to know about the exact drug abuse state of a person. Drug abuse requires immediate attention before it becomes more problematic. There are several patterns and stages of drug use that have been listed below:
- Hard drug use: Heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine fall under the category of hard drugs and are the most dangerous drugs. There are severe effects on the health and behavior of a user of hard drugs. Some people use these kinds of drugs for recreational purposes, but some can get addicted just after using them once. Such people usually isolate themselves from society and possess a high-risk behavior.
- Frequent drug use: Frequency alone cannot determine whether a person is addicted to a certain drug. Some people may take drugs only once and twice a week, but still suffer from acute addiction. Frequency of drug use may indicate tolerance and a person may require more with each day. Frequent drug users usually keep on continuing the habit and it is hard for them to quit.
- Early drug use: Some people start taking drugs at an early age during adolescence, and they are likely to develop severe drug problems later in life. People who take drugs before the age of fifteen turn out to be addicts as they grow up. The earlier a person uses drugs, the earlier he becomes addicted. Early drug use is a common phenomenon in today's world.
- Solitary drug use: Using drugs and addictive substances while a person is alone may result in fatal addiction and various problems in life. Teenagers using alcohol, marijuana and cigarettes are prone to serious drug problems during adulthood. Solitary drug users are usually poor in studies and have a violent or abusive behavior.
- Escapist drug use: Many people use drugs for dealing with stress, several problems in life or for building self esteem. These are used as a substitute for escapism, which allows a person to escape from reality to a place where nothing bothers them and they can be at peace. Such people are likely to develop drug problems. Some people may experiment with drugs just for the sake of trying, but slowly they may like it and get addicted. This causes several problems in life, and a drug problem arises. Such drug problems may affect the health in many severe ways.
Drugs are used in several patterns. All people do not use drugs in the same pattern and frequency. The pattern of drug use by a person lets the doctor determine the level of drug abuse he is on, or if he is addicted.