Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mohamed IlyasYour feedback matters!
Does smoking creates any problem of not getting hungry or does smoking decreases our body stamina and makes our body thin.
Dear Dr. I am studying in 11th std. In science (physics). My problem is that I can't remember things related to my study quickly. If I remember I was forget that things in few days. So, plzzz Dr. Suggest me that how I increase my memory power and brain power rapidly in few days or few week. Thank you.
I am 37 years old as I am suffering depression for negative thought which frequently has been coming since a long time.
Doctor i m an engineering student. Im from kanyakumari in india. I think I have the problem of over imagination. Now a days I have many thoughts not in subjects .i bought people they are cheating me or they are saying truth. Some days im getting angry with people whether that is a simple problem or a big problem im getting angry. Im no a alcholist. I can not sleep .My friends saying that you are in over imagination. Nowadays im not taking meditation because I sleep early morning 3oclk. Please help me doctor.
Follow these simple ways for good EQ-
1) Get enough rest: Most people need seven to eight hours of sleep each night in order to function optimally.
2) Adopt good nutrition: The more you learn about what you eat and how it affects your energy and mood, the better you can feel.
3) Exercise regularly: Exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Aim for atleast30 minutes of exercise per day.
4) Get a dose of sunlight: Sunlight lifts your mood, so try to get at least 10 to 15 minutes of sun per day.
5) Limit alcohol and avoid cigarettes and other drugs. These are stimulants have long-term negative consequences for mood and emotional health.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
Dear sir I have some little panic attack. And I want to know what is the best way to stay always healthy and stress free. And fight to fear.
Why do I have constant fear of heart attack? In morning I feel alot stressed and anxious but as the day progresses it eases abit and at night again it strikes back. I get anxious because of the physical symptoms I get throughout the day. I am fine and suddenly I get anxious about the symptoms I get.
I continuously ruminate for office work regularly that creates sleepless ness but it is not very high. How can I get rid of this.
I have memory problem its difficult to memorize things please suggest me remedies so that it is beneficial to me. I see you very soon.
My one friend died last year after it I after it I am in depression by which I can't do my work perfectly. pleas help me!
What is the reason for differential fear limit in various person since due to high fear group like me leads to depression in due course of time how it can be overcome naturally.
Parkinson’s disease affects the part of the brain that controls muscle movement. The exact cause of this disease is not known, but there is a decrease in a chemical called dopamine in the brains of people with parkinson’s. There is no cure for parkinson’s, but it often progresses slowly and the signs can be managed.
The 4 most common signs of parkinson’s are:
• tremors or shaking when at rest
• muscle stiffness
• slowed movement or problems starting movement
• problems with balance and movement
As these signs worsen, you may also have trouble walking, talking, swallowing or doing simple tasks such as bathing or dressing. As the disease progresses, other signs such as pain, bowel or bladder problems and sleep problems may occur.
When you start to show signs of this disease, your doctor may order anti parkinsonian medicines or may also suggest some physical therapy to help manage your signs. The physical therapist can help you learn exercises, prescribed by a physiatrist, that can help you with movements.
You may need to work with your doctor to make adjustments in your medicines to keep your signs controlled. Over time, many people have side effects from the medicines used to treat parkinson’s disease, but they can be managed well.
You may also need occupational therapy or speech therapy to deal with signs as the disease progresses. As your signs get worse, surgery may be an option to reduce tremors.
Things you can do to manage your signs
• walk slowly with a straight posture and with your legs further apart. Think about taking big steps to help keep your steps more normal.
• use a 4-prong cane or a walker if needed.
• if you become stuck or freeze in one place, rock gently from side to
Side or pretend to step over an object on the floor.
• place tape strips on the floor to guide you through your house.
Remove area rugs and furniture from your walking path.
• stand up from a chair or bed slowly to avoid feeling dizzy or
When using the bathroom
• install grab bars on the walls, beside toilets and inside showers and bathtubs to help you stand up.
• use a shower chair inside the shower.
• install an elevated toilet seat to make standing up easier after using the toilet.
• shave with an electric razor.
• wear loafers or shoes with velcro.
• wear simple dresses or pants with elastic waistbands such as sweatpants.
When eating or drinking
• use a cup with a large handle to make it easier to hold.
• use a bowl instead of a plate to limit spills and make it easier to scoop up food.
Work closely with your health care team to manage your signs of parkinson’s disease.