Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Melwin IsaacYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor, I had inguinal hernia surgery 3 months ago. Recently I am having Lower back pain. I am not carrying any heavy weight but the pain is still there since 3 days. What do I need to do? Is there any exercise or do I need to take medication? Please reply. Thank you.
Hello but Dr. its being 7 months pls tell me should I go for physiotherapy as my joint pain badly like anything. Any natural medicine which will help me in post chikungunya arthritis.
I am 45 I have diabetes I have legs pain muscles pains my father is also diabetic past 8 years my legs have pains. What should i do?
I am 23 years old male and suffering from chronic shoulder and neck pain since last 4 years. I had taken treatment from neurologists but it does not worked. All my reports such as MRI, X Ray, and other blood tests are normal. Haven't done diagnosis for fibromyalgia but my symptoms exactly matched with fibromyalgia symptoms. Will you help me?
I have a shoulder pain since, Friday. I am unable to move my right hand easily. What to do. I have used the gel but it doesn't work.
Hello sir before one week, in my right hand come sprain then I have consult a doctor. He had adjusted the bone. Now my sprain is good but when I move my thumb. I feel pain in vein near thumb. Now there is no soiling in my hand. Bt feeling pan in my hand. Please give me a solution.
I am 22 years old and having problem of back pain, headache upper eye, having joint pain in leg. So what to do.
My stomach makes touch noise and I have joint pain but I eat and I don't have darrea what could it be?
I am having a severe leg pain problem from my childhood. I had consulted to so many doctors but they only prescribed multivitamin or pain killer. Left leg is more painful than right. severe pain in front of the thigh back of the thigh nd back of the leg.
I have a some neuro problem like sometime my hands finger lock down for few seconds also uper body like finger to shoulder that cause feeling pain n sometime get uneasy. Can you please tell me the solution where should I treat?
I am 24 years old while playing cricket 2 months ago I got an ACL tear as my mri report says, I am very normal when walking and also light jogging also I don't feel much pain normally, even I don't know the degree of my ligament tear? Is ligament repair surgery the only option?
I am a regular gym guy its been more then 5 years I always experience muscle sourness and pain in muscle and now from past some time I have been facing issues with my joints please suggest me what to do.
Oh my aching Heel!! The combination of foot and ankle consists of 26 bones, 33 joints and an excess of 100 tendons. The longest bone present in the foot is the heel. Over usage or injury to the heel would lead you to experience pain in the heels. The severity of the heal pain can range from mild to excruciating.
The cause behind heel pain is typically associated with excess usage of the heel bone (learn more about to maintain bone and joint health). Straining of your heel occurs if you excessively pound your feet on surfaces that are hard, or you are overweight or even if you wear shoes that do not fit your feet properly. These strains cause irritation in the muscles, bones or tendons that are present in the heels. Some of the other common causes include:
- Heel Spurs: Development of heel spurs occurs due to the continuous stretching of the lining, which covers the heel. Upon continuous stretching, pieces of the lining tend to break off. Development of heel spurs is common in athletes who frequently jog or run. People who are obese also tend to experience pain due to heel spurs.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Development of Plantar Fasciitis occurs due to the inflammation of the tendinous tissue that connects the heel to the ball of the foot. Development of Plantar Fasciitis is common in athletes who frequently jog or run as well as people who wear shoes that don't fit the feet properly. It may occasionally be associated with Vitamin B12 deficiency and raised uric acid in blood
- Achilles Tendinitis: This is the inflammation of the Achilles tendon. Achilles Tendinitis occurs commonly in people who have active lifestyles, such as people who are joggers, runners or even dancers.
Physical therapy, medication or alternative treatments can be used to treat this form of pain. Medications for heel pain can only be in the form of anti-inflammatory drugs. Although these oral medications cannot significantly relieve heel pain, some injections containing substances such as corticosteroids, as well as Arthrocentesis (removal of fluid present in joints using hollow needles) might be able to provide relief. Recently PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection have been found very useful in treating recalcitrant Plantar fasciitis and heel pains.
Common practices that can be used to relieve discomfort include:
- Application of ice to the heel for a duration of 15 minutes daily.
- Utilize over-the-counter pain medications .
- Have adequate amounts of rest .
- Wear shoes that fit properly .
- Walking on tip toes to stretch the plantar fascia helps to relieve heel pain.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.