Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I had released sperm in my partner so how should I stop her to get pregnant? Nd 2 days before I have done it.
Please Tell me what is do and not do in the pregnancy's first 3 month and which diet is taken in these months.
I am 18 and I am having a very high pain at my abdomen and I had my periods 5days earlier this time is it the sign of pregnancy?
What does high levels of esr and lymphocytes in blood indicate. Do they increase or decrease during menstrual cycle.
Hello madam I have pcod problem and my last period is 45 days ago I have taken regestrone tabs for 3 days daily 2 tabs and already its 5 days over that I stopped regestrone but still my period is pending I have pooja in my house next week so please help me.
I have my periods date by end of this month but I want to my periods to come as soon as possible because I have my program schedule. Can you suggest me what should I do to get early periods?
My wife conceive 5 days before period. And she still not getting her period. She checked by pregnancy kit and its show positive. But I have I question that will my baby safe and haven't any decease. I read in a book that one week before period conceive is not good for baby health. Is it true?
I have a question for a sexologist. My wife has no interest in sex. She neither like foreplay nor sex. She is afraid of sex. Though we have one son. But facing very big problem in our family life due to her lack of interest in sex after pregnancy. She has no interest in sex. She is afraid of sex. She is so afraid that if I touch her vagina than too she is afraid. She doesn't allow to touch her body. please suggest some medicine for her excitement and our good healthy and family life.
Hi Madam ND Sir. A girl has taken ECP Ipill and she has withdrawal bleeding after 8th day. She is now Two days before her missed period. And Test prega news advance 2 times at same day nd First urine of morning. But Two test are showing negative. She is pregnant or not? Plzz help me.
Can i conceive early because i am getting small amount of milk from nipples. I got married 2 years back and now i am 24 years old, I had my last period on feb 12. Please suggest.
My niece is 19 years old. She is taking homeopathy medicine for last 2 years from Baksons homeopathy for wheat allergy. Now she is diagnosed PCOD. She is not having period from last 3 months She is also taking medicines for PCOD from Dr. Bakson from last 20 days. Still not having her periods. Sir I want to know is it curable in homeopath.
I'm 40 years female having fibroids in my uterus for which I'm taking medicine fibristal it's 3mnth course as I don't want to go for operation but I find my weight is increasing rapidly is this medicine is the cause of my increasing weight pl clarify. Should I go for a surgery removal of uterus or should I wait pl suggest.
I am diabetic, I don't get regular periods, we are planing for baby, what type of food I should take ?
Hello sir, due to infertility I have done my dthl surgery. In this surgery my right fallopine tube shows infected so it was removed by doctor. Can my pregnency chance increase after dthl operation. I have an irregular period from my bacholer time.
My wife has irregular periods problem. She has her periods on an average of 2 to 3 months every time. And when happens. Period continues upto 12-15 days or even more sometimes. Please suggest the solution to get her regular periods and normal life. Suggestion for any medication/exercise or anything else which could help us is most welcome.
I had my ultrasound yesterday and the result is a minimal fluid in pod. What's that mean whether am pregnant.
I am using frrpil kit according to doctor suggestion today is my day 14, in scanning report came as one egg ruptured and another egg size is 19mm what does the meaning ? please advice
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.