Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I am 30 weeks pregnant. My fetus position is not normal, head is upward. Please guide me with exercise and other tips for natural position of fetus.
I want to convince but I have ovarian ancheoic cyst in left side measuring 3.5*2.9 with internal echoes and septation -haemorrhagic/complex left ovarian cyst. Is it cured without any surgery? I use folic acid tablets from 10 days before. Can I use it now? Was the cyst cause any problem for pregnancy?
I am 24 weeks pregnant and suffering from severe abdominal cramps due to lose motions and stomach upset. Please advise how to get relief from stomachache. Thank you.
Hallo doctor, my mother of two babies 5 n 4years. My husband always attracts towards other ladies who lives near us. So. I get hyper. What is the solution of my problem. AM in job he is also in job.
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus causebladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I am married on may 2015 I miss my period last 2 month,pregnancy kit used and result is negative I do not know what was that i'm pregnant or not?
What are Autoimmune Disorders?
It is a disorder of the immune system where the immune system can get ‘hyperactive’ or on the other end of the spectrum can become exceptional slow in its response to germs and bacterium, leaving the individual vulnerable to a host of infections and diseases.
When in ‘Hyper mode’ the body’s immune system starts producing antibodies (White Blood Cells) attacking and damaging the body’s own tissues (Red Blood Cells) beyond repair. Treatment of the Auto-Immune diseases generally focuses on reducing the activity levels of the immune system so as to let the Red Blood Cells multiply and heal the body to an extent.
Not all Auto Immune diseases are life threatening or terminal in nature. Some are even classified as “commonly occurring” disorders in the larger population. Examples of these would be –
1) Psoriasis – A Skin disorder where overactive immune system blood cells called T-cells collect in the skin. The immune system activity stimulates skin cells to replicate rapidly, producing layers of silvery scaly plaques on the skin. These often look like ‘Dandruff’ and can be seen all over the individual’s body, accompanied by severe itching and skin irritability. Psoriasis is often triggered due to stress and hormonal imbalances along with other environmental factors such as poor hygiene, inadequate diet, lack of sleep etc. Along with oral medication, lifestyle changes such as reducing stress at work or home, making sure one gets at least 8 hours of restful sleep per night and regular head and body massages are known to help reduce the severity of the problem to a great extent.
2) Rheumatoid Arthritis – The hyper immune system produces antibodies that attach themselves to the joint linings and then start to eat away at the cartilage and tissues causing swelling or inflammation and a sharp stabbing continuous pain. Oral medication along with gentle cardio (slow walking) and stretching exercise routines such as Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates are known to have countered the ill-effects of this movement restricting disorder, to a large extent.
3) Aggravated Thyroid – An aggravated thyroid is a result of the excessive antibodies produced by an overactive immune system which attack the thyroid gland and slowly destroy the cells that produce the all-important thyroid hormone. Prolonged negligence or when left undetected for long, it often leads to Grave’s Disease (linked to hyperthyroidism) or Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis (linked to hypothyroidism.) The former can lead to weight-loss, bulging eyes, rapid heart-rate, and chronic fatigue while the later often causes sudden weight gain, depressed state of mind, dry skin and severe constipation. A good way to avoid diseases of the thyroid would be to maintain a healthy active lifestyle and a stable healthy body weight. It is also recommended that one goes in for regular preventive health check-ups for early detection of any thyroid related disorders.
A little can go a long way in limiting ill effects of autoimmune disorders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am a 32 year old woman. I had sex on dec 14. After intercourse, I observed that my vagina is full of blood. But this was not my 1st time intercourse and for that period menses not occurred. I worried about that, why blood flow from my vagina without menstrual circle? doctor help me please.
Among 720 species of mushrooms, turkey tail mushrooms are known for their therapeutic purposes. Mushrooms are a favorite among many people for their taste. But it is often unknown to common people that mushrooms have great medicinal values as well. In fact, there are many kinds of mushrooms which have been used in asia since a very long time for medicinal purposes. Mushrooms are usually harvested in areas of their natural growth. However, throughout the years it has been possible for mankind to cultivate them and use them for their own purposes for quite a number of years now.
Turkey tail mushrooms
Several kinds of research and experiments have been going on for a number of years now around the globe regarding the benefits and uses of turkey tail mushrooms. It has been an active ingredient of chinese medicinal tea. The benefits of turkey tail mushrooms are far-fetched, recently vigorous research work is going on in many universities like in bastyr university to find out whether the turkey tail mushrooms are effective and efficient for the treatment of the deadly disease of cancer. The research is mainly going on in collaboration with bastyr university with the university of washington and a few other renowned universities of the world. The research is funded by nih (national institutes of health). The mushroom under discussion is found in abundance in forests throughout the world. The numerous health benefits that turkey tail mushrooms can offer have not yet been fathomed by scientific trials across the world.
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their numerous health benefits. These mushrooms are commonly found in the woodlands of europe and china. They are usually found to grow in large colonies. Turkey tail mushrooms are generally multi-colored and have concentric bands of contrasting shades. They appear in shades of black, brown, gray, red, white or blue. The body is thin and velvety with a fruiting nature. Because of their capability to form wavy rosettes, they have the name of turkey tails.
Nutritional value of turkey tail mushrooms
Turkey tail mushrooms are rich in vitamins and minerals and thus improve the health and add greatly to the nutritional content of the diet. They are great sources of potassium as well as riboflavin. The content of niacin in this type of mushroom is also very high. Turkey tail mushrooms also contain pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and even copper.
The turkey tail mushrooms are devoid of fat and caffeine. The content of sodium in this mushroom is also reasonably low. This kind of mushroom is also free from cholesterol and gluten and are low in calories. Turkey tail mushrooms contain 18 types of amino acids, ergo sterol and beta glucans of 1/3 and 1/6. Ergo sterol gets converted to vitamin d on exposure to the sun.
Health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms:
There are many health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms, these include the prevention of cold, support during chemotherapy, control of diabetes, reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and more. Let us discuss them in detail below:
1. Prevent and treat cold
Because of the strong anti-viral and anti-microbial properties of turkey tail mushrooms, they can fight away various infections caused by these microbes, including common cold and flu. They greatly improve the immunity of the system and thus make them stronger to fight against disease causing germs. It is a good idea to include turkey tail in the diet when the season of flu draws nearer. The turkey tail mushroom modulates the immune system to act in a stronger way in fighting infections and germs.
2. Provide support during chemotherapy
The role of turkey tail mushroom in providing support to cancer patients has been under research for a long time now by the most renowned universities in the world. Several patients who are now undertaking chemotherapy have been adding turkey tail mushroom to their diet. The results have started showing up in cases of prostate and breast cancer already. It is known that the immune system of the body gets suppressed under chemotherapy. But turkey tail mushrooms build up the immune system and thus help in making up for the weakness caused by chemotherapy. The stronger immune system also helps in fighting strongly against the deadly cancer cells, thereby turkey tail mushroom is a potent cancer-fighting food.
3. Control diabetes
Turkey tail mushroom helps in reducing diabetes by lowering the level of glucose in the body.
4. Reduce inflammations
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The inclusion of turkey tail mushrooms in the diet help in reduction of inflammations both internal and external.
5. Rich in antioxidants
Being rich in antioxidants, it helps in protection of the body from the harmful uv radiations of the sun. They also block the free radicals that result in aging. Thus, it slows down the process of aging. Being rich in vitamin e, it also acts towards making the skin better and cleansing it naturally.
6. Lower cholesterol
High cholesterol leads to various kind of heart diseases. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the levels of cholesterol by adding it in the daily diet.
7. Aid digestion
The mycelium is that part of the mushroom which enables a person to have a smooth process of digestion. The microbiome gets assisted by the prebiotic content of the turkey tail mushrooms. This implies that the growth of the good and beneficial bacteria in the body is enhanced which includes acidophilus as well as bifidobacterium. It also helps in the treatment of the leaky gut syndrome. The process might also help in losing weight.
8. Help in aids
Kaposi’s sarcoma is a kind of skin cancer which affects the patients who suffer from hiv/aids. Researchers from around the world have revealed that consumption of turkey tail mushroom along with east african wild mushrooms with medicinal uses help in treating this situation. It is also beneficial for patients suffering from hiv/aids without the skin cancer.
9. Reduce hypertension
Hypertension or increase in blood pressure occurs due to the rise in pressure in the arteries carrying blood. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the pressure, and thus hypertension.
10. Treat breast cancer
Among the various other kinds of cancers for which turkey tail mushrooms are assumed to be effective, breast cancer is one in which results from real life have already been presented. An old woman of 83 years has been known to be living a disease-free life after she added turkey tail mushroom capsules to her daily regime along with chemotherapy. The explanation that is presented is that the immune system of the patient got boosted up by recognition of the cancerous tumor, which in turn greatly increased the efficiency of the chemotherapy.
11. Improve bone health
Another health benefit of turkey tail mushrooms is that they are good for bone health. Not just this, but studies have shown that they can also help in regenerating bone marrow.
12. Treat human papilloma virus
Human papillomavirus (hpv) is an infection which is known to be treated by turkey tail mushrooms within a reasonably short time of consumption, approximately two months.
Turkey tail mushrooms are well known for their medicinal purposes because of which they are a sought-after product among the leading pharmaceutical companies. Researches are going on throughout the world to dig out more treasures this mushroom has to offer.
Hello. I had unprotected intercourse with my boyfriend a month back. I took contraceptive immediately but yet I haven't got my periods. I had a pregnancy test at home and it showed negative. My period date was due on 16 but till now it hasn't occurred. Please help me I'm extremely tensed and stressed. I'm going to start my MBA very soon and my parents are extremely conservative. Please help me.
I had taken a fsh injections I got an egg size of 23 mm. My doctor trigger the shot to release the egg with hcg injection. Now on 16th day in scan irregular follicle. What does irregular follicle mean is ovulation occurred or not.
Hi. I am 25 years old got married last year i.e. In 2015. I got abortion 2 months back i.e. On 25th september at 24 weeks of pregnancy. It was spontaneous abortion due to cervix incompetency and I delivered dead male child with gastrochisis. On Nov 5th I got my period but with very very light blood flow. I did not get my period this month. I am having pcod problem since 7 years. I am worried about my periods as I do not want to get pregnant now and also I did not used any multivitamin or iron or calcium tablets after abortion.
Hello, I'm stamina and I'm a 22 years old female. I have a very bad white discharge with a fishy kind of smell every time I have unprotected sex and it's recurring almost a year now. I have itching and pain and it's almost unbearable to manage. Can you pls help me out here and guide me I feel very bad and unhealthily weak and pale.
Before marriage a girl already sex with a boy, then wht type of exercise they get back her virginity.
Hi Doctor, I am 29 years old female from the last one month I am having an slight internal pain on right side of my vagina which I feel during walking only not otherwise. Please suggest.
I am a thyroid patient and i am also dealing with pcos and irregular cycle please recommend me what to do as I am getting difficult to conceive.
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma is when the cells in your lymphatic system become cancerous. The lymphatic system is responsible for fighting off diseases, which may attack your body. Initially, tumors develop from the lymphocytes in your body. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common than the other type of lymphoma which is Hodgkin lymphoma. There are various types of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; the most common of which are diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Here is everything you need to know about Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Swollen lymph nodes: A swollen lymph node in the neck, underarm and armpit which comes about without any pain is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
2. Fever: When you have a sudden unexplained fever, it may be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
3. Night sweats: Night sweats are simply when you sweat excessively in the night.
4. Fatigue: Feeling extremely tired can be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
5. Weight loss: A sudden unexplained loss of weight is a very common symptom of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
6. Itchiness: An itchy skin is a rather serious indicator of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Just like other forms of cancer, it is not known what causes Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, but there are factors, which put you more at risk compared to others.
1. Immunosuppressive drugs: You are most likely to develop Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, especially after taking immunosuppressive drugs after a major organ transplant.
2. Bacteria and viruses: Certain bacterial and viral infections cause Non-Hodgkin lymphoma including the HIV and Epstein-Barr virus as well as the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
3. Pesticides: Research suggests that overexposure to the pesticides which kill weeds increases your likelihood of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
4. Age: Elder people are also more likely to suffer from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy comprises of administering drugs to kill the cancerous cells, either through injection or orally which kill cancer.
2. Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy deals with radiation which is directed at the parts of your body affected by cancer.
3. Medications to enhance the immune system: There are many medications which fight off cancer by boosting the immune system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.