Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meera SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I'm getting itching on my vaginal part which is very worst at night time. I took nuforce plus tablet. Stil its worst please prescribe a good medicine and urgently.Please tell.
I am 42 years old. I have got periods this month on 5th but less bleeding was seen on first two days after that it stopped. I dont have any health issues till now by god's grace, today again periods. pls suggest why this happening?
Hi i Was on novelon pill pack from june. First intercourse on 9th july (condom used thrice) last intercourse 14th july. Pilk pack ended on 28th juky bleeding from 1-6 aug. Hpt with first morning urine at 4,5,6,7,8 weeks all negative. Period due on 1st sept as it did not occur till 8th had serum beta hcg test and usg Usg report on 8th sept says marginally bulky anteverted uterus with normal myometrial echo texture, no collection in pod, no sol seen, cervix appear normal, no collection in endometrial cavity, kidney normal, uterine normal. Ovaries bulky with tiny follicles arranged peripherally. Hcg test was negative showing 0.11 level of hcg. Doctor prescribed deviry 10 mg 2 tab for 5 tab. But after taking just 1 dose I got my period from 11th sept night to 16th sept. I took hpt again on 11th and 12th negative. But their is a line appearing from belly button to pubic area (linea nigra which is common in pregnant woman) M I pregnant? Last intercourse was on 14th july and stopped bcp from aug. Taking too much stress which is causing gas. Is it due to pregnancy or over stressing?
My wife had 40-45 day cycle for past two month's. However this time we had intercourse from day 8 to 36 on every alternative day sometimes daily n two days gap in between. Is it enough to get conceive if all is well with us. When can we do test to see results. Please help.
1.Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3.Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, and curries you intake.
6.Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7.Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi seeds help in preventing infections.
My friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend on 27th August and she took ipill (ecp) after 7 hours of intercourse. After 4 days I.e. On 1 september she started bleeding which continued till 4th September. Then she did home 4 urine pregnancy test after 21 days of intercourse, 28 days, 35 days and 42 days of intercourse. All the test came NEGATIVE. She did a beta hcg test on 18th October which was 51 days after intercourse. The result was <1.2miU/mL. Then after 5 days i.e. On 23 October she started bleeding which continued till 29th October. Last month also she bleed from 23 November to 29th November. Does she still have to be worried about pregnancy?
Taking care of your health is very important. There is nothing to be embarrassed about visiting a gynaecologist on facing discomfort related to your gynaecological health.
If we had a physical relations with our beloved is there any chances in our future to know our husband that we had sex earlier also ?
My wife is missing periods for 2 days from expected date. Last day we had sex. But I don't allow the sperm to enter. While having orgasm, I put out the penis. Still, is there any chance of pregnancy? if yes, what are the measures to stop it!
I am lactating mother of 8 month old and suffering from pitta for 7 days. Can I take neem leaves. If yes then, how and how many times in a day.
I got my period on 11th last month. Since 5-6 days I am experiencing cramps and get a feeling that I will soon get my periods which does not happen. I had sex with my bf some days ago and it is scarring me of I am pregnant. I checked the symptoms and some of them matches like frequent urge to urinate, pain in breast, indigestion etc.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
• Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
• Limit sun exposure.
• Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
• To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
• Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
• Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes
I have vagina rashes since 6 months after My marriage. I used canditral200. But it controls only, it does not remove completely. There are hives inside my vagina only. I showed 3 doctors but it didn't get better. Becoz of it I am going in depression. please help me out. Is it any condom infection what should I do?
I am 21 yrs. I had an emergency contraceptive pill immediately after intercourse as the contraceptive had broke. Should I take the dose again? My last period started on feb 10th. I had: unwanted 72 No medical conditions like thyroid, pcod.
Are you experiencing high blood pressure or hypertension during pregnancy? Hypertension is a condition in which your blood pressure levels shoot up to a level, which may cause damage to the body. In case of pregnant women, hypertension may inflict damage on both the mother and the growing baby. You require a special care for dealing with hypertension during pregnancy, irrespective of the fact whether it develops before or after conception. Here are some important facts you ought to know about hypertension and pregnancy.
There are different types of high blood pressure issues caused during pregnancy.
- Gestational hypertension: Women with this form of hypertension have high blood pressure, which develops around 20 weeks of pregnancy. There is no sign of organ damage or the presence of protein in urine. Many women with gestational hypertension develop preeclampsia eventually.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is the high blood pressure condition which is present before pregnancy or it may occur before 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is hard to determine high blood pressure as it does not have prominent symptoms.
- Chronic hypertension with superimposed preeclampsia: This condition is likely in women with chronic blood pressure being present from before pregnancy. During pregnancy, women with this condition develop worsened high blood pressure and protein content in the urine. Other health complications are also indicated.
- Preeclampsia: This is a pregnancy complication featured by high blood pressure along with signs of damage to other organs of the body. This happens from chronic high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It usually sets in within 20 weeks of pregnancy. If untreated, preeclampsia can lead to several serious complications to the mother and the baby.
Risks of high blood pressure during pregnancy
High pressure during pregnancy is associated with several risks. They are as follows:
- Decreased flow of blood to the placenta: When the placenta does not receive sufficient blood, your baby will be deprived of enough oxygen and nutrients. This might cause slow growth, premature birth or low birth weight in your baby. Prematurity also causes breathing trouble in the baby.
- Placental abruption: Preeclampsia increases the risk of placental abruption, where the placenta gets separated from the inner uterine wall before delivery. Severe cases of placental abruption lead to placenta damage and heavy bleeding.
- Premature delivery: In some cases, early delivery of the baby has to be carried out for preventing some life threatening conditions.
For reducing the risk of complications caused by hypertension during pregnancy, it is important for you to consult a doctor regularly throughout pregnancy. You should take blood pressure medicines prescribed by a doctor in the most suitable dosage. You should also stay active, follow a healthy low sodium diet and stay away from smoking, alcohol and substance abuse.