Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meera Srinivasan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meera SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
I was advised to continue krimson 35 for 6 months as I am diagnosed with pcod. My six month course has finished. What should I do if I miss my period?
Hi, I am 33 year old female, having 3 children, my youngest child is 9 years old. My question is that my monthly period is not on time, this time it has been 1 and half month completed but no period yet, am having coper T for last 10 years. Please advise what could be the reason?
Beetroot juice peena pregnancy me risk Hain? I mean during pregnancy beetroot juice is risky? Pregnancy me beetroot juice peeya ja skta hain ya nhi? Pregnency me beet juice peene ka fayda?
My menses are 4 days late and I feel alot fatigue with loss of appetite. Few days bfr I expelled cottage cheese like discharge with cervix spasm. Im feeling all dry down there with no symptoms of menses.
I had sex with my gf on 8 sep with protection. She got her period 14 sep. After tht she is not getting her period until now jan 9 almost for 3 months. Besides this she took 3-4 emergency pills in march. Now she do not have any pregnancy sign except nipple soreness. She feels very pain in nipple but her breast is not swell. She took pregnancy test many times n all r negative. Is she pregnant? Or why her period is off?
Sugar is present in all your beverages, smoothies, cookies, desserts, food items and more. But the not so sweet truth is that too much sugar in your diet can turn your life topsy-turvy. It increases your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, deters the immune system and even harms the brain function. So, in order to break the addictiveness of sugar that can rob you of your health, all you need is a clear path to detox from sugar.
Here are some pointers on how to detox your body off excess sugar:
- Turn away from sugar: Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. So you need to develop a strong will power to eliminate sugar completely, as you would do if you are trying to come out of alcoholism or other intoxications. You should not just avoid table sugar, but also keep away from all the sneaky sugars available in processed food and beverages. Ideally, a time period of 10 days is suggested to give up on any kind of sugar.
- Stack up on proteins: Eat meals that contain lots of good protein and fat. Since they are difficult to digest and take more time to absorb, it will make you feel full for a long time and sustain your energy levels. The key to balancing blood sugar and insulin levels, without much cravings can be achieved through a high protein diet.
- Eat the right carbs: Avoid refined carbs and starchy foods like potatoes, white bread, pasta and baked goods. Instead opt for natural carbohydrates present in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, eggplant, and artichokes. It is also good to avoid grains and beans during your detox period.
- No artificial sweeteners: You might be tempted to replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, but this is not really beneficial. Artificial sweeteners are just temporary solutions when weaning from sugar and we do not know about its long term benefits. In the long run, it might be just as addictive as sugar. If at all you crave for something sweet, go for natural fruits.
- Consume whole foods: Foods that don’t come in boxes, cans or bottles. Whole foods like vegetables, fruits, lean meat, nuts, fish, seeds and healthy fats will help a great deal to curb cravings and also keep you satiated.
- Sleep well: Last but not the least, get quality sleep time to beat cravings for sugar and suppress hunger hormones. Sleep your way to fight against the desire to overeat and improve your energy levels. A good night’s sleep will do wonders for your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.