Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My partner was supposed to have her periods on 29th of December. We had sex a week before. I used condom and she took a pill too within 4 hours. Its 31st December, she is still not getting her periods. Is there any risk that I should worry about. Is there any chance of her getting pregnant? Should I buy her a prega news?
Im 25 years old. And I want to get pregnant again. How can I know im fertile? My last period was june 14.
Hello sir/mam, I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker, whom I do not khow her hiv status, I am so stress that if I contact hiv through her, I had no cuts, sores, wound in my mouth, penis and figure. Do I need to test for hiv. Please reply.
I am 31 year old female. I am suffering from many health problems. Like hypo thyroid. Taking 75mg thyroxin medicine. Every month facing genital herpes. It happened after marriage. I got marriage in 2012 and in 2013 I got divorce. Now depression, tremors in hands and legs fast heart beat sleeplessness. What should I do.
My age is 46, my periods are erratic. I feel sick in the morning and afterwards normal. No sugar or thyroid. White discharge sometimes. Suffering from hip pain.
For Ladies suffering from Polycistic Over I an Syndrome with irregular mense cycle prescribe the best medicine with its doses.Answer given last time could not be opened.
My age 25 my height 5 my weight 60 above please tell me weight loose and decrease the size of my breast.
If you are suffering from excessive stress, it is likely that your physical and emotional health may be affected. Your sexual life too is affected due to stress. Too much of stress leaves you physically tired and exhausted. Because of this, you will not have enough energy to have sex. Moreover, when you are stressed out about some issue, your libido gets affected, and you might not have any interest in having sex.
Effects of stress on your sexual life
- Stress results in a negative body image. The hormones which are associated with stress may impact metabolism. With the increase in the production of these stress hormones, you may feel sluggish and gain weight, thereby providing a negative body image due to which you might not have the desire to indulge in sexual activity. Stress causes lowered self-esteem which results in less sex.
- Stress results in reduced libido. The hormones associated with stress are required by the body in small amounts, but the overproduction of these hormones can suppress sexual hormones, leading to decreased libido.
- Extreme stress may affect personal relationships and cause conflicts between a couple. This will result in rare sexual activity as proper communication between a couple gets reduced.
- You may start drinking excessively because of stress. Too much alcohol is bad for sexual health. It makes sex dull and less pleasurable. Alcohol causes dehydration, which affects lubrication. Stress also affects a person’s fertility and menstruation cycle, which could hamper your sex life.
Ayurvedic treatment for stress
Ayurveda offers effective treatments to get rid of stress. By using natural and herbal Ayurvedic medicines, you can get rid of unnecessary stress from your life and revive your sexual life. Here are some effective Ayurvedic treatments for getting rid of stress:
- Several Ayurvedic herbs are stress reducing in nature. You can use herbs such as ashwagandha, bala, brahmi, gotu kola, saraswati churna, vacha, tulsi, shankapushpi, Siberian ginseng, liquorice, vidari and shatavari.
- You should consume food items, which help in reducing stress. These include coconut, walnut, mangoes, pineapples and bananas, fried in ghee.
- Several natural drinks can help in relieving stress. These include tomato juice, ginger tea, garlic milk, and tulsi tea.
- You should practice stress relieving activities such as yoga and meditation. Several yoga asanas in different poses should be practiced.
- You can try several stress relieving Ayurvedic therapies. These may include Shirodhara (bliss therapy), Abhyanga (warm oil massage), Shiro Abhyanga and Nasya (head massage).
Ayurveda helps in controlling stress. A combination of several benefits known as Panchakarma is provided by Ayurveda for reducing stress. Reduced stress will drastically improve your sexual performance and sexual stamina. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
Have you ever heard that one got pregnant from the sex done with cloths on? I had sex with three layers of clothing, she had two layers. But while humping I cummed in my underwear. Pregnancy possible?
I'm 20 old and my girlfriend is 21. I had sex with my girlfriend before 7 day without any protection during her periods is their any chances of getting pregnant I'm worried and she didn't eat any types pills.
The smart phone revolution has changed our lives in many ways. With several adults and even tech savvy teenagers and children turning victims of problems like anxiety and depression, doctors are increasingly turning to mental health apps. Frequent use of tech gives a better avenue for communication, in this case between doctors and patients.
Here are the top 7 mental health apps that can be used by patients to improve their mental health
- Code Blue: Bullying is a real problem that has led many down the path of depression and suicide. And, sometimes the solution is closer than you think, in this case it is just a click away. With Code Blue, you can choose people from your contact to be a part of your support group. With just a few clicks, the app will alert the support group if the user needs their help. The app also communicates the user's location to the group and the group can indicate that help is on the way.
- Breath2Relax: Feeling too anxious or angry and want to let your bad side take over the situation. Launch Breath2Relax on your phone and you'll be walked through a series of breathing exercise that help to reduce stress, stabilize mood, control anger, and manage anxiety. It can be operated independently.
- Lantern: Lantern is a web and mobile based platform that combines cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques with advice from real experts. The app starts by measuring the users strengths, weaknesses, stress, anxiety, mood and social life and then tailors daily exercises that suits their pattern. Next the app matches you with a professional CBT coach who can answer any questions you have.
- PTSD Coach: PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. PTSD Coach is an app developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs' National Center for PTSD, intended for use by veterans, military personnel and civilians experiencing symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder. The app provides a self assessment tool that tracks symptoms over a period of time and also connects with a support group from your contact list and locate nearby treatment programs.
- Optimism: Optimism is a family of applications that focus on self-tracking as a tool for coping with mental illnesses including depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety and PTSD. Users can record the intensity of their mood, which will eventually detect patterns and help identify problem triggers. . Users can create a customizable wellness plan to chart their coping mechanisms which will come from experience and understanding of their mental condition.
- Talkspace: This free app helps users connect with a therapist with whom they can chat anytime. It isn't exactly a substitute to in-person therapy, but more a precursor where the app's therapists can monitor and guide the user if they need more advanced help.
- Big white wall: Sometimes just knowing that there are others in the same boat as you is a big help and this is what the app does. It is a community where users with different type of mental health problems come together for discussion boards, reference articles and self-assessment tests. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.