Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Meera GovindarajanYour feedback matters!
My upper back hurts and unable me to run or jump and my body cannot absorb shock as my back hurts what to do.
My fever has gone high since morning and I am on my way to kerala all my body is paining and I do feel very cold please help me.
Good afternoon doctors as i am a 24 years married female given birth to baby by cesarean delivery. During 1 month of pregnancy got a pain in my backside after having panadol injection felt relived and now again after c. Section bearing severe back pain and I did consultation with orthopedic and he took my x. Ray and other test after the test he told me i am having infection and iron calcium low level And he suggest me 3 months course of AeoVit-D3 Aeonerv and parasafe but not atall got relieve and now surviving severe back pain with legs pain. Please suggest me what to do. And I did lot of exercise after post delivery and took rest also.
My father is having problem to sit on his arse due to pain in the tail bone. He hardly sits down in a chair or a sofa n lies down on his bed in stomach. It has been a year this coxis pain has troubled my father. Kindly suggest a solution to it. We've been to doctors who have said to take rest. The pain decreases when he is on leave n take rests but however the pain comes back again as he has to travel in bus or train sitting. I kindly ask you a solution to it. What do we need to do to cure it.
Common cold as well as flu can give rise to various symptoms like body ache as well as a runny or stuffy nose. These symptoms may also arise as a part of other ailments like allergic cold or hay fever. Mild to moderate fever may be experienced in such conditions. One should be able to treat these symptoms at home so as to be more comfortable until the flu or cold abates. Here are a few ways in which you can treat a runny nose and body ache.
- Rest: One of the first and most important thing that you need to do in such a situation is to take ample rest so that your body gets to rejuvenate rather than getting overworked even in these trying conditions. With the help of sleep and rest, you will be able to feel fresh and the body ache will be reduced as well.
- Diet: To begin with, one will need to drink plenty of fluids in order to remain hydrated. This is one of the most important ways of treating cold and flu as the body can get severely dehydrated due to the ailments. Replenishing the body fluids can ensure that the immunity does not suffer. Also, you should have plenty of soup and vegetables so that your immunity gets a boost even as the digestive system is not overworked with overly heavy food which it may have trouble in processing due to the general weakness of the body. But you must remember to eat well and frequently as the body will not go away unless you put sufficient fuel in your system.
- Steaming: Taking hot water steam with a towel draped over your head can help in treating the runny nose. Ensure that you are sitting down at a sturdy table with the steaming kettle or pan in front of you, so that there are no upsets which can lead to burns and accidents.
- Medication: Along with these measures, you must see a doctor so that the condition may be diagnosed properly. The doctor will also check your symptoms and carry out lab tests in order to ensure that there is no infection at play. Also, the doctor can prescribe medicines accordingly with anti-allergy medication like antihistamines to treat rhinitis and peramivir, zanamivir, or other such drugs to treat the flu. These medicines can also make you drowsy and induce sleep which will help your body in getting adequate rest.
- Emergency cases: If the body ache and runny nose come with other symptoms that persistently grow, you must call the doctor immediately. These include constant painful coughing, tightness in the chest, severe sore throat, vomiting, and persistent high fever.