Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MeenalokshiniYour feedback matters!
I have PCOS problem in my ovary. Periods occur in 38 days in every month. Feel severe left side stomach pain before 10 days of my period in every month. Trying to convince since 3 years but not getting result. What I will do.
Hi me and my gf rubbed our genitals with each other I dint ejaculate but had no clothes on but she was wearing shorts and underwear is there any chance of her getting pregnant?
46f suffering from prolonged and heavy flow periods. Other than heavy there is no other complaint. Periods are regular Dark patches (brown) on nose ,below the back neck,
After I delivered one baby. My baby is now 5 months old. It's a normal delivery only. The problem is my ass is blocked, I checked my ass by putting a finger my finger is going only one Inch when I am forcing.
What to be done for having sex with wife but not to get pregnant for period of 3 to 4 years Ie planning for next child.
I want to know whether m pregnant or not? My periods are regular but this months 4 july I got only spotting for half day. I feel very lazy all day and have dizziness also. I did pregnancy test but it comes out negative. What should I do now?
His period is not coming regular. Some times this is comes in few months .and always pain in his body and foot generally in periods times.
My gf does not have her periods still one month 2 days left what is the reason is she having any problems?
I am married since last 2 years and we are planning for a baby since last 1 year. However there is no success. I feel we are not able to contact during sex properly. Please suggest me something.
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin
Sir we had you protected sex on 25/2/2017 and took I pill with in 3 hour and my expected days dates were 28/2/2017 sir but till today I dint get any vaginal bleeding for my days sir is there any chance of pregnancy? Our if yes what should I do to rid from it. Please help worried a lot.
My girlfriend had a period, after period may be 2 or 3 days after we had a sex. And after sex I gave my girlfriend unwanted 72 with in 72 hours, but after 2, 3 days again she had a second period bt it was not like regular period, like colour was different. It been 1 month and 1 week till nw she is nt having a period. What is the reason behind it? So doctor, is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife is 29 years. Before one year I got married. Regularly I try to get her pregnant but she doesn't get pregnant. Please give me advice.
Hi doctor, I am 35 weeks pregnant went through a color doppler today, POG is 33 weeks by scan with 2190 gm weight and had a single loop of cord in neck. I want to know the risk involved also why baby is 33 weeks and not 35 by scan.
During menopause, estrogen production slows and then stops. There are a number of changes, which occur in your body during this time. Periods become irregular and then stop. You may have hot flashes, mood swings, a deeper voice and an increase in facial hair. Vaginal dryness is another common symptom of menopause. It becomes even more common after menopause. Vaginal dryness also can occur at any age from a number of different causes. It may seem like just a minor irritation; however, it can be a major problem when it comes to your sex life. Here is everything you need to know about vaginal dryness:
What causes vaginal dryness in women
Even though menopause is the most common cause of vaginal dryness, it can happen at any age and there are various causes of vaginal dryness as well. Here they are;
- Childbirth and Breastfeeding: Childbirth as well as breastfeeding result in lower levels of estrogen and this can lead to vaginal dryness.
- Sjogrens Syndrome: This is an autoimmune disorder in which your immune system attacks the moisture producing cells in your body.
- Douching: Douching is a common practice done by women wherein, they wash their vagina using water and vinegar, knowing little that it can actually cause dryness.
As mentioned earlier, vaginal dryness is caused by a lack of estrogen. Here are some of the ways that estrogen is supplied to your body;
- Vaginal Estrogen Ring: This is a ring inserted into your vagina, which releases a steady stream of estrogen into your vaginal tissues. It needs a replacement, generally after three months.
- Vaginal Estrogen Tablet: A special device called an applicator is used to insert an estrogen tablet into your vagina.
- Vaginal Estrogen Cream: This also needs to be inserted through an applicator. It will be applied daily for the first two weeks after which, it will be applied one to three times a week. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.