Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meenalokshini
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MeenalokshiniYour feedback matters!
I have sex with my gf 3 month ago with using condom. After that she have 2 month regular period, but this month period is 6 days late. So what is the problem.
Hi, My periods delayed by 10 days. I will travel next week and I have to get my periods soon. What should I do.
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes to you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
1. Prenatal care: As soon as you realize you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning and a number of other things that your doctor will prescribe.
2. Diet: You need to ensure two things that is you are eating enough for two people and everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
a. Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
b. Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
c. Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
d. A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
e. Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
f. Avoid eating unpasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food and smoked seafood.
g. While most vitamin requirements should be met through the diet, in some people, prenatal vitamins which provide the increased demands for folic acid.
3. Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
4. Exercise: Exercising during pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
a. Improved energy levels
b. Controls back pain
c. Improved sleep pattern
d. Improves constipation
e. Improves muscles strength and endurance
There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine.
5. Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby's health throughout pregnancy. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
8 days period late and eat 2 spoon turmeric powder now stomach is paining next day. And we checked prgency result is positive. But stomach is paining huge. Please answer me. So that she can get relief.
My girlfriends period gone 14 April. Yesterday I'm sex with her without protection on 30 April so any chance to she get pregnant?
Im 28 years old lady, married. Right now I dnt want to take issue so I take femilon. Is it harmful? In future if I take issue should I suffer for this pill?
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma is when the cells in your lymphatic system become cancerous. The lymphatic system is responsible for fighting off diseases which may attack your body. Initially, tumors develop from the lymphocytes in your body. Non-Hodgkin lymphoma is much more common than the other type of lymphoma which is Hodgkin lymphoma. There are various types of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma; the most common of which are diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and follicular lymphoma. Here is everything you need to know about Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
1. Swollen lymph nodes
A swollen lymph node in the neck, underarm and armpit which comes about without any pain is a very common symptom of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
When you have a sudden unexplained fever, it may be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
3. Night sweats
Night sweats are simply when you sweat excessively in the night.
Feeling extremely tired can be due to Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
5. Weight loss
A sudden unexplained loss of weight is a very common symptom of non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
An itchy skin is a rather serious indicator of Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Just like other forms of cancer, it is not known what causes Non-Hodgkin lymphoma but there are factors which put you more at risk compared to others.
1. Immunosuppressive drugs
You are more likely to develop Non-Hodgkin lymphoma especially after taking immunosuppressive drugs after a major organ transplant.
2. Bacteria and viruses
Certain bacterial and viral infections cause Non-Hodgkin lymphoma including the HIV and Epstein-Barr virus as well as the Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
Research suggests that overexposure to the pesticides which kill weeds increases your likelihood of developing Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Elder people are also more likely to suffer from Non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
Chemotherapy comprises of administering drugs to kill the cancerous cells, either through injection or orally which kill cancer.
2. Radiation therapy
Radiation therapy deals with radiation which is directed at the parts of your body affected by cancer.
3. Medications to enhance the immune system
There are many medications which fight off cancer by boosting the immune system.
Exercising regularly has many benefits for the body and many times these benefits can be life changing. It has been proved that doing exercise sets the foundations for a happy sex life as well. While exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
Here is how exercising routinely can improve the relationship in bed and make a huge difference:
1. Blood circulation: Blood flow and the exciting sensation is very important prior to and during sex. When a person exercises regularly then there is an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act.
2. Release of endorphins: Having a clear mindset while having sex is very important. This is more important for women as they tend to over-ride things, thus working best when they have a clear mind and are able to concentrate only on the sexual act. When orgasm is achieved then endorphins are released which is basically a mood elevating chemical. It makes a person feel good and gives relaxed feeling of the mind and body along with euphoria. Endorphins are usually released during exercise, sports and sex. Along with the endorphins putting stress at bay and lifting the mood it also give a clear mind for the sexual activity.
3. Longer and stronger orgasms: On average orgasm in men and women lasts for 10 and 20 seconds, respectively. With exercise one can easily extent this time, pleasure and strength of the orgasm. On contraction of the pelvic floor muscles an orgasm is achieved. When these muscles are kept strong then a longer orgasm is achieved. Sacrum is the area which supports the pelvis and spine; when it is exercised with glutes then it helps in strengthening the muscles. Also, kegels, squats, and pelvic thrusts are some of the exercises which can be done.
4. Increases self confidence: A sexiest trait is that someone can show is that they feel good and confident about the way they look. Studies prove that people who exercise regularly and have good fitness levels display good confidence in their sexual acts and desirability.
5. Exercises the brain: It is said that a great sex usually starts in the mind and the brain is a mighty sex organ. Thus it is of utmost importance that the brain must be fed with nurturing information, so that it becomes stronger. Research backs that by simply changing the way we think can change the brain to react to situations. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.