Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi SundariYour feedback matters!
Hi. I'm 35 weeks pregnant yesterday I did my final scan. My baby's weight is only 2kg 100 g. Doctor said my fetal weight is very low. I don't know how to increase my fetal weight. Can you please suggest me how to increase a fetal weight bcs I have only one more month. My due date is on May 16th. Please help me.
We had unprotected sex on 12th day of my period and started to feel nausea, dizziness and headache from 3rd day after intercourse. Does that mean I am pregnant. How can I confirm.
She use pregnancy abortion pill of 9 week of 3 steps and blood are clear. But digital pregnancy checker come to line show pregnancy when she check. What the solution why show preganews show pregnancy.
PMS is one of the worst food sensitive diseases. Symptoms include moodiness, bloating and headache. All it takes is one symptom to crop up for the whole body to go down. While environmental changes and preventive measures play a crucial role in dealing with this condition, careful choice of food goes a long way in keeping PMS under control. Here is a list of some best and worst food for PMS:
Foods that are Good During PMS:
- Brussels sprouts, Artichokes and Broccoli: These veggies with high fibre content are known to ease bloating. Furthermore, the high water content of these veggies effectively deals with gas, discomfort, and puffiness. The idea is to refrain from foods with high sodium content that only contributes to the suffering.
- Quinoa, what berry and popcorn: These foods help to deal with a short temper which is a very common occurring of PMS. Some other good effects of a high carb diet such as these include fighting anxiousness, depression and maintain composure. Consuming whole grain on a daily basis also helps to keep the mood cheerful. This happens because of the added secretion of the feel good factor hormone called serotonin.
- Banana: Many women tend to face sleep disturbances before the period sets in. A recent study at the John Hopkins University found that less sleep before the period makes a woman susceptible to cramps and discomfort. Banana contains melatonin. The latter helps the body maintain its natural rhythm.
- Eggs: The cravings during PMs can be very difficult to handle. It is therefore very important to start the day a very healthy breakfast. The right amount of protein and healthy fat present in an egg helps to keep the body energised throughout the day. Scrambled egg and an ounce of chicken is a perfect answer to PMs craving.
Some foods to avoid during PMS:
- Processed fats: Processed fat contains a lot of processed fats, sodium and salt. Processed fats make a woman puffy and increment bloating. Processed foods contain very high protein content that becomes very difficult for the body to process during PMS.
- Sugary foods: Craving for sugary food is pretty normal during PMS. However, too much sugar consumption during PMS fluctuate the blood sugar level. They also aggravate tension and mood swings. The latest study has found that refined sugar can disturb the immune system and creates a lot of fatigue in a woman.
- Caffeine: Restricting caffeine during the period can help prevent the cramps and bloating. Certain caffeine such as coffee, cigarettes and chocolate can aggravate breast tenderness, anxiety, and depression. What's more, they systematically create a craving for sweet and other caffeine-related stuff. A better alternative to caffeine during PMs is herbal and green tea, water and fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I do not know the size of PCOD, but I having this in before 4 years, still I do not take any medicine, I just want to reduce the problem, so please help to reduce pcod in simple and natural way?
Mujhe is baar periods ni hue lekin brown colour ka kuch discharge hota h kabhi kabhi or pet bhi fulta ja raha hai.
My wife is not having regular periods now and we have checked the urine with kit and it is positive so should I have sex with her after that.
I recently switched to using tampons from sanitary pads. But, I learnt that tampons, though seemingly more hygienic and comfortable, can be very unsafe. What is the safer choice?
1: wake up 6am and drink a glass of warm water, go for a walk for half an hour.
2: dily oil massage and bathe with warm water.
3: have light breakfast of oat
Meal or chapati with sabji.
4: have lunch whatever you need.
5: some snacks in between 4-5pm like fruits tea.
6: dinner up to 9 go to bed up to 10 0'clock.
7: have a glass of warm milk before going to bed.
Hello Doctor, my wife who was 22 days pregnant bt day before yesterday morning she had a miscarriage, Now she is facing all this problem. Heavy bleeding, thick blood clots, unbearable pain in lower abdomen, weakness,numbness in legs nd nausea. How long will she bleed. Can you please recommend any medicine to reduce pain and that will quickly flush out remaining clots. What should I do, please help doctor.
Due to thickness on uterus bladder which is investigated in sonography. Dr. consulted to do fractional curettage test but now in blood report total bilirubin is 2.8 so in this condition is it fine if we do fractional curettage test.
I am 27 and breast growth is not proper. I want to know if there can be hormonal imbalance and whom should I consult for the same. Can Ayurvedic medicines help in increasing the same? Please reply at your earliest.
Plus I penetrated just one time without condom in her and suddenly pull it off so that no problem occur but she is having spot today of red color and having pain in lower abdomen and back. After that we used Condom from 23 to 25 April her last date was 2 april and today should be her next date but she got spots of red color please tell what is this. Is this implanting bleeding or this is marking of her periods.
How long I have to take below medicines: Pulsatilla 30-6 pills, thrice. Sepia200 -6 pills, at bed time Also, do I need to stop taking these medicines during menstruation?
Are you observing bumps and lesions in and around your vagina? These are female genital sores, which may be painful, itchy, produce a discharge, and are very tender. These lumps and sores may occur due to skin disorders. Female genital sores mostly appear as a symptom of STIs or sexually transmitted infections. STIs are considered to be a hidden epidemic, which many women leave untreated because of embarrassment or fear.
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is conducted for determining the cause of genital sores and lumps in females. A pelvic exam test will be undertaken and you will have to provide reports of your medical history. Certain tests such as blood work and a culture of the sore may be required as well. A culture involves taking a swab sample from the affected sore and testing it for detecting bacteria. After the cause of your genital sores is determined, an ideal treatment method is prescribed.
On observing the symptoms of genital sores, you can apply some self-care measures to treat them before you get to visit a doctor. You can try a sitz bath, which is effective for pain and discomfort relief. A sitz bath can be prepared at home by filling your bathtub with warm water, going up to your hips when you get immersed. You should add a mild saline solution or baking soda to the bathtub water. A small basin for a sitz bath can be purchased from a drug store.
- The method or treatment for genital sores and lumps depends on the cause.
- Certain topical oral medicines are used for treatment of the sores and for relieving pain.
- Other medications such as antibiotics, corticosteroids, pain relievers, antiviral medicines and several anti-itch drugs are also used.
- Some types of genital sores do not need treatment, but you should get them removed if they bother you. A noncancerous cyst is an example of such type of a sore.
- The long term outlook for genital sores in females depends on the cause, once again. Sores and lumps caused because of chronic skin conditions and genital herpes are likely to recur. The long term outlook also depends on how fast you get an existing STI treated.
For the prevention of female genital sores, you should practice protected sex by using condoms. This prevents the infection from spreading to the people you have sex with. It is also important for you to open up about your condition and seek proper treatment, if you experience symptoms.
Besides plenty of protein sources available in the market, egg comes in first in biological value and the cheapest source.
Egg is a powerhouse of nutrition, packed with high biological value protein containing all 9 essential amino acids and more than 13 different vitamins and minerals. A medium egg not only contains 6gms of protein but also Vitamin A, B5, B12, B2, Folate, Phosphorus, selenium, decent amounts of Vitamin D, E, K, B6, Calcium, and Zinc.
BV is a measure of the ability of protein present in food to be absorbed and utilised by the human body for protein synthesis.
Eggs are also a rich supply of long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. These are predominantly in the form of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which helps with the maintenance of brain function and normal vision. It helps in healthy baby development during pregnancy, healthy skin and hair.
The protein and fat in eggs help sustain your energy levels, keeping you satisfied for longer and assists weight loss.
Hello Doc, last night after intercourse I realized that condom was torn though semens was in condom but I feel that some semens would have gone inside. In such scenarios I normally buy ipill but lately when I heard about the side effects hence hesitant to prescribe this time. Is it advisable to take ipill once every month is there any alternative, need your advise on this.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.